MRA's will never satisfy their lust for identifying mysandry

C.O.C.K. That one dude seriously named his men's rights splinter group C.O.C.K. And they work in opposition to "The Women’s Activism Tyranny." Says it all, really.

GasBandit

Staff member
C.O.C.K. That one dude seriously named his men's rights splinter group C.O.C.K. And they work in opposition to "The Women’s Activism Tyranny." Says it all, really.
Makes me think he just saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I do agree that's a horrible mechanic. I read the whole story through another news site, but it's in Dutch. Just, err, use one of the social media you don't actually use? :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I knew this was going to be trouble when she used the phrase "My journey has taken me..." as a stand in for "In the past I have..." Few things make me roll my eyes as much as people describing the course of their life as "their journey."

If only I knew how quickly it'd turn even further south.

I got to the part about her literally screaming "ASSAULT" on an overcrowded plane because she sat next to an asshole (who didn't lay a finger on her). This woman is the living embodiment of the caricature 4chan /b/tards create to ridicule feminists.

yeah who fucking cares, it's really fun to make fun of MRA's because they are huge babies that do stuff like claim both sides have valid points
I think most of the making fun of/laughing with, here, happens towards those who claim the other side doesn't have valid points, i.e. the extremists, such as the woman above, or MRA's who think men are being horribly oppressed by the matriarchy.

That men can be victims as well, that we should be open to the fact that The patriarchy and Having Spades of Privilege etc doesn't mean you can't also fall victim to things (including unrealistic expectations) because of it, is a very valid, very important point - and it also makes actual MRA's allies of feminists - because we should be striving towards equal opportunities and possibilities for everyone, and acceptance of everyone, no matter what set of chromosomes (ok, those with less or more than 2 may need a bit of assistance here or there) you're born with.
You've
been one to call out "MRA's" in the past as masculine antifeminist scumbags and victim blamers and whatnot. Npow making a U-turn and saying we shouldn't make fun of the extremists is...Well,a bit hypocritical. It's OK to laugh with the extremes no matter what side they -and you - are on. It's the whole Charlie Hebdo thing, hmmm?

I think most of the making fun of/laughing with, here, happens towards those who claim the other side doesn't have valid points, i.e. the extremists, such as the woman above, or MRA's who think men are being horribly oppressed by the matriarchy.

That men can be victims as well, that we should be open to the fact that The patriarchy and Having Spades of Privilege etc doesn't mean you can't also fall victim to things (including unrealistic expectations) because of it, is a very valid, very important point - and it also makes actual MRA's allies of feminists - because we should be striving towards equal opportunities and possibilities for everyone, and acceptance of everyone, no matter what set of chromosomes (ok, those with less or more than 2 may need a bit of assistance here or there) you're born with.
You've been one to call out "MRA's" in the past as masculine antifeminist scumbags and victim blamers and whatnot. Npow making a U-turn and saying we shouldn't make fun of the extremists is...Well,a bit hypocritical. It's OK to laugh with the extremes no matter what side they -and you - are on. It's the whole Charlie Hebdo thing, hmmm?

There are no sides, at least not divided among gender lines. There are people for gender equality, and those not. That's what makes MRA's so weird, because feminism already seeks what MRA's claim to seek: equality. But instead, MRA's are typically made up of creepy weirdos who project their problems onto women, the same way 'extremist' feminists (who, by definition of what feminism actually is, aren't feminists) do the same by projecting onto men.

Feminism itself is a bit of a misnomer, because true feminism is to seek equality for everyone, which benefits all.

Necronic

Staff member
So if a woman/minority were to disagree with you (on this or something else) would you check your privilege and stfu?

So if a woman/minority were to disagree with you (on this or something else) would you check your privilege and stfu?
I wouldn't go into a group of women discussing gender or middle eastern folks discussing religion/race or LBQT people discussing their sexuality and pretending like my views and experiences carry the same weight.

A woman that thinks rape culture is a bunch of hooey doesn't magically make it disappear. A black guy saying that the police are great and he's never been shot by a cop or harassed doesn't mean race relations are great.

Necronic

Staff member
Do your views carry more moral authority than your equally priveleged peers? I'm not baiting here, I'm honestly curious, and it's a difficult issue.

Do the oppressed actually need priveleged allies, and what is the best way, in good faith, to represent the oppressed and issues of privelege as a priveleged person.

Edit: I've been rewatching season 4 of The Wire.

Do your views carry more moral authority than your equally priveleged peers? I'm not baiting here, I'm honestly curious, and it's a difficult issue.

Do the oppressed actually need priveleged allies, and what is the best way, in good faith, to represent the oppressed and issues of privelege as a priveleged person.

Edit: I've been rewatching season 4 of The Wire.
That's a hugely complicated question that has books about it. I didn't mean that to be dismissive, just, I dunno how we'd scratch the surface here.

I don't think they carry more moral authority, but they carry more authority with those empowered by the patriarchy. Like, the story of how in a business setting, a woman suggests A, and they're like ehhh, I dunno. Then a dude is like "What about A?" and they're like "holy shit you're a genius!" That's a really common joke in movies/shows and whatnot, because it's so absurd. But women talk about subtle variations of this happening on a daily basis.

I've read people saying the best thing I/we can do is help give more power / amplify voices already talking about this stuff.

I wouldn't go into a group of women discussing gender or middle eastern folks discussing religion/race or LBQT people discussing their sexuality and pretending like my views and experiences carry the same weight.
But there are posts of yours on this self same forum where you call a rape victim a rape apologist, where you call a gay man homophobic, and where you claim a male victim's story is unrealistic, and where men being falsely accused of rape is named, by you, "so much in the minority" those cases shouldn't influence or determine how we look at situations in general.
And no, not all three of those are in relation to me - only two are. Doesn't change the fact you've said them. You've argued from a point of moral superiority against victims in the past, yet you're unwilling to see this, blinded by your own interpretation of certain aspects of society - thus, to a point, falling victim to the same logical flaws and prejudices you so strongly condemn in others.