New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

Our daughter’s elder Pug (14yo) will be a house guest for the next week or so. This is his favorite place to lay while he’s here.
8CF2782F-134A-4900-897E-58853DAC8D81.jpeg

That is by far the quietest, least dramatic, and most polite Husky I have ever seen.
She actually gets camera shy. She was stalking around being dramatic and demanding until I pulled out the phone. Also, the Pug is her boss. Haven’t been able to catch her food dance, or water dance, or her charge wildly out the door to try to catch a squirrel move.
We have those two here because the “kids” took an anniversary trip to Colorado and New Mexico. Should be back to get them Sunday/Monday.

Luna just lying in her safe spot, her kennel. She’s a little pouty because we’ve actually had some rain today, and she hates rain.
E39F8B4A-26CE-49A2-ABE6-506805E6596D.jpeg
She has a big spider back there that she uses the legs as a pillow and a couple of blankets that she pushes around to however pleases her.

Literally a year and a day ago, my partner and I adopted a puppy a young couple found in a remote part of the city, under a car, filled with ticks, bite scars and clear starvation signs. No discernable breed, mixed as they come. The couple took it to the vet, nursed it back to health and intended to keep him, but they owned a very territorial dog that kept nipping at the puppy, so they decided to give him up for adoption on a popular website down here.

Claudia, my partner, saw it minutes after they posted (she spent HOURS A DAY looking at pictures of potential adoptees, even though we live in an apartment and weren't home most of the day.... until the pandemic, that is). She sent a message not expecting much, the puppy was freaking cute and so many people were adopting that it was actually kind of tough to get one.

1658975272147.png

Much to our surprise the young couple responded almost instantly, and before I knew it an appointment for us to meet the puppy in a park near our apartment was set for two days later. Max (his name was already Max, a name we had literally considered for a potential human baby) was scared as fuck that day, and the young couple told us their older dog had just straight up peed on the puppy on a clearly territorial move and he was getting more and more aggressive. That's when something clicked in me as I held the cute af bag of bones in my arms and I decided he was not going back to live with that older aggressive dog. He was staying with me.

And he has since.
1658975634140.png

The vet saw clear signs of starvation, Max had clearly not even sucked milk from his mom, some of his puppy teeth were hollow and malformed. He weighed 2 kilos (4ish lbs) when we got him, but apparently he fit inside a sock when he was found a month earlier so he was already growing fast, though. The vet still though he was going to be a small to medium dog, she said. He will definitely fit in our apartment, we thought.

Fucker is now almost 35kg (77ish lbs) and his front paws get up to my chest when he stands on his hind legs (I'm 6feet).

MaxBlur.png

It's been one year and I don't remember my life before him.

Looks like he might have some Irish wolfhound in him.

View attachment 42120
Hahaha yeah, people say that a lot! They're not very common down here, though.

We personally think he's mostly terrier and golden retriever, with some random extra mixes in there. I'm curious to do one of those DNA tests that tell you their breed ancestry, but they're kind of expensive for a merely academic question.

I also feel morally obligated to post this recent picture in case it brings you guys just 10% of the happiness it brings me.

MaxZen.jpg

Hahaha yeah, people say that a lot! They're not very common down here, though.

We personally think he's mostly terrier and golden retriever, with some random extra mixes in there. I'm curious to do one of those DNA tests that tell you their breed ancestry, but they're kind of expensive for a merely academic question.

I also feel morally obligated to post this recent picture in case it brings you guys just 10% of the happiness it brings me.

View attachment 42123
man that is one happy dogger!

My dog has heartworms and while he’s undergoing treatment he can’t get his heart rate up. The vet said we had to keep him locked in a crate whenever we aren’t home watching him. He now knows it’s coming and tries to get into as cute and dug-in a position as possible to try to dissuade me.

3DEEE9F2-CF01-4232-BE5A-5AF0DA98EE75.jpeg

GasBandit

Staff member
Not a picture thing, but just some behavior I've noticed.

My cat cannot abide the door to my guest bedroom being closed.

I prefer to close it so that the roomba doesn't waste its time in there, but frequently Nibbles will sit in the hall and meow plaintively until I come see what the hell he wants. Then he leads me to the door, and looks at me. If I open the door, he will rub against my legs in thanks, but he may or may not go in. Usually not. Instead after that he is content to follow me back to wherever I was and curl up for a nap or eat his kibble or whatever. But if I close the guestroom door, he will go ask for it to be opened again.

Not a picture thing, but just some behavior I've noticed.

My cat cannot abide the door to my guest bedroom being closed.

I prefer to close it so that the roomba doesn't waste its time in there, but frequently Nibbles will sit in the hall and meow plaintively until I come see what the hell he wants. Then he leads me to the door, and looks at me. If I open the door, he will rub against my legs in thanks, but he may or may not go in. Usually not. Instead after that he is content to follow me back to wherever I was and curl up for a nap or eat his kibble or whatever. But if I close the guestroom door, he will go ask for it to be opened again.
My cars are the same. It’s not that they want to go in. It’s that they may, at some point, want to go in. So it must be open.