New Picture Thread

Soooo Beautiful :sohappy:

*was introduced to proper draft Guinness at the Irish Pub in the Sachsenhausen District in Frankfurt, Germany in the early 90's*
Guinness is my beer of choice, and so my mother bought me that tie when she saw it in some Irish novelty shop. I only really get to wear it once a year, since most people refuse to be seen in public with me if I put it on.

Although last year I wore it both on St Patrick's and the totally-made-up Half-Way-to-St-Patrick's-Day in September.

Guinness is my beer of choice, and so my mother bought me that tie when she saw it in some Irish novelty shop. I only really get to wear it once a year, since most people refuse to be seen in public with me if I put it on.

Although last year I wore it both on St Patrick's and the totally-made-up Half-Way-to-St-Patrick's-Day in September.
There is no wrong time to wear Guinness. I wear my Guinness baseball jersey whenever I can.

I've not been around for a hot minute.

This is what I look like when running late to a ritzy wine drinking date with that dreamy poet I met watching Ghostbusters in the park.

Before a 2hr hike in a park with a cliff/hills/rocky heights:
before.jpg

After
after.jpg

Marf (dog) didn't finish the walk. About 15 minutes from getting back to the car he flat out quit. He sat, then laid down. We called and tried to egg him on but to no avail. There should have been a picture of me carrying him the last 15 minutes. :confused:

After

Marf (dog) didn't finish the walk. About 15 minutes from getting back to the car he flat out quit. He sat, then laid down. We called and tried to egg him on but to no avail. There should have been a picture of me carrying him the last 15 minutes. :confused:
Your kids are much older than I thought they'd be, but good lookin' family! I love your dog, he looks like the kind that would just stop, say nope, and make you carry him. I have one the same way.

After

Marf is still, like, my favourite dog name ever and it suits his adorableness perfectly.

The best part of the day was when we were asked to volunteer for the special effects stage show. They cut off my wife's arm at the beginning of the show and asked me to dress up like an astronaut. At the end of the show they ask me back on stage in the costume, put a helmet over my head and attached some lift cables to me. They gave my wife some dummy controls and told her they would control the lift mechanism, however all it did was flip me around uncontrollably to the point where I even had to walk on my hands for a while to avoid smacking my head against the ground. After they finally brought me down my wife went in for a hug, laughing the entire time, and helped me take my helmet off... revealing the astronaut was a stuntman the entire time. They pulled a switch when they distracted my wife with the controls.

The funniest part of all that was when they were "prepping" me for the flight and they asked my wife if I was scared of heights. She answered "I hope so."

GasBandit

Staff member
The best part of the day was when we were asked to volunteer for the special effects stage show. They cut off my wife's arm at the beginning of the show and asked me to dress up like an astronaut. At the end of the show they ask me back on stage in the costume, put a helmet over my head and attached some lift cables to me. They gave my wife some dummy controls and told her they would control the lift mechanism, however all it did was flip me around uncontrollably to the point where I even had to walk on my hands for a while to avoid smacking my head against the ground. After they finally brought me down my wife went in for a hug, laughing the entire time, and helped me take my helmet off... revealing the astronaut was a stuntman the entire time. They pulled a switch when they distracted my wife with the controls.

The funniest part of all that was when they were "prepping" me for the flight and they asked my wife if I was scared of heights. She answered "I hope so."
Man, that's great. It reminds me of when my family (and extended family) went to disney world when I was a kid, and my cousin and I got picked to "ride the bee" from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (was kind of a live greenscreen demonstration)... and he had us do it over in front of everybody because the first time we couldn't get the stupid grins off our faces. "You're supposed to be scared!"

Man, that's great. It reminds me of when my family (and extended family) went to disney world when I was a kid, and my cousin and I got picked to "ride the bee" from Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (was kind of a live greenscreen demonstration)... and he had us do it over in front of everybody because the first time we couldn't get the stupid grins off our faces. "You're supposed to be scared!"
I remember that show. That was a lot of fun.
There was a really cool Hitchcock interactive playground at the Universal Studios in Orlando for a while. One of my favorite things there was the fall simulator, where they put you in a chair that fold backward, and then the camera shoots up a pole above you. So you just fall back in the chair, scream and wave your arms around.

So, at my wife's insistence, I submitted this photo to the /r/RedditGetsDrawn subreddit.
1DX_4840wu.jpg

I didn't think it'd get much of a response, but in the end she was right again. Thus far it's accumulated 471 karma, and three good responses:
Drawn1.jpg
Drawn2.jpg
Drawn3.jpg