New Picture Thread

Wow he, how nice of you to hang out with your daughter? Niece? Such a nice guy!
Hey I get enough of that in real life, I don't need it here.

She gets carded buying liquor, I get offered seniors discount. And at school all our kids friends thought she was the cool hip mom who lives with her dad.

clearly its the cut of your jib. No one is gonna mess with the grizzled dude who looks like he eats black iron spikes for breakfast. :3

Maybe you need to start carrying a Franklin Covey 1mm iridium tip fountain pen in your pocket.
I have another one she could borrow!

But it's probably that I am 14 inches taller and 150 lbs heavier. And my resting face is one of painful intolerance.

For real though, you two look adorable in that pic. Squidley's smile is delightful, and Higgins just oozes hobo manliness.

So one thing I've learned about mask-wearing when sporting a beard in the Summer: It sucks.

Hence why I went from this:
20200617_124035.jpg

To this:

20200726_202612.jpg

I gotta tell ya, it makes a hell of a difference.

Edit: Oh yeah, the pooch in the first picture is Lucky, our soon-to-be 15-year-old shi tzuh. Last year, we were pretty sure he wasn't gonna make it to his 14th birthday following a broken back and a series of ear infections on top of his existing health problems (an asymptomatic heart murmur he's had since birth and some eye troubles), but he's tough as nails and doing great!

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Your head looks so small compared to the way it was. I'm the opposite. When I have a beard I look my age but fairly slim. I shave and I lose 10 years and gain 10 pounds.

Here, by way of comparison, this is what I was rocking before I went back to work and it was suddenly necessary to wear a mask for three hours every day (that's my commute, round trip):

10404.jpeg