New Windows 8 Says: We're Gonna Make Your PC a Tablet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the 32bit dev preview to a VM. I think it will work just fine. You only ever get Metro when the machine first boots or you press the windows key/start button. Then you just type as normal.

I think there's good potential here, Microsoft is looking to build one OS for every device, and they're certainly not saying you have to have a touch screen and use Metro for everything. I already have an iPad, but if I was to get a second tablet I'd probably look towards windows8 before android.

If I can get a good download of the 64bit version that comes with dev tools I'd like to see how easy/hard it will be to develop programs.

GasBandit

Staff member
I installed the 32bit dev preview to a VM. I think it will work just fine. You only ever get Metro when the machine first boots or you press the windows key/start button. Then you just type as normal.

I think there's good potential here, Microsoft is looking to build one OS for every device, and they're certainly not saying you have to have a touch screen and use Metro for everything. I already have an iPad, but if I was to get a second tablet I'd probably look towards windows8 before android.

If I can get a good download of the 64bit version that comes with dev tools I'd like to see how easy/hard it will be to develop programs.
Why oh why by yog-sothoth's countless flagella did they even MAKE a 32 bit version?! Did they make a 16 bit version as well?

The screen on my thunderbolt is IMMACULATE. Why? Because I wipe my goddamn hands before using it.
Bullshit.
Added at: 03:48
*shrug* I have stain/streak/glare resistant screen protectors for my DROIDX, would probably do the same to a tablet so I don't see the "greasy finger" thing being an issue. Well that and I don't eat Cheez-Its like they're a food group. ;)
What's a Cheezit?
Added at: 03:51
Ha ha, I literally had to google them. I've never seen those before in my life. I don't think they sell them here.

T

That Tech Guy

Where not to move- Canada
Why? No Cheeze-Its

Thanks, Frankie, now I know. Added to the list.
This is my first freak out for today. Cool.

My second freak out for the day is NO WAY IS WINDOWS 8 TOUCHING MY COMPUTERS!!
I also like the sliding menus for my Droid... Windows was never meant to slide.. umm, I mean computer windows not window panes.
It just seems soo... WRONG. And am I the only one who thinks the Start screen looks nearly identical to Windows Media Center?
I have nearly the same screen on my Xbox 360 when I pull up the Media Center to watch videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.