Nintendo Switch Thread

I continue to hold out hope for Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton.

Also, Steve is not very surprising. I'm more surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I am not well versed in Smash, but this looks like a pretty technical character. Resource management looks like it'll play pretty heavily into how well someone does playing Steve/Alex/Etc
I'm not versed in Smash at all, but this character looks like someone who, assuming you manage resources properly, can whip out the counter to just about any other character's move, a sort of Batman-like toolkit.

--Patrick

Bought a coral pink Switch Lite for the niece, who lives on the other side of the country. Now to figure out how to best set it up before sending it to her. I have a family Online subscription, so she would have access to all the NES/SNES games in offline mode, correct? If so, then the major decision is whether to make her Nintendo ID a secondary to mine, which means she can only play my digital games when online, not great when away from home, but allows me to buy digital games for her to download (but again, only play with an internet connection). I've only bought one digital game anyway, so it might not matter much (I play AC:NH from a cartridge).

I would probably prefer to make her a new primary account and connect it to my family account for cloud saves and NES/SNES library, and occasionally send a Nintendo eshop card to let her buy what she wants. However, the mom isn't tech-savvy at all, and when I gave her an old Amazon Fire tablet, the niece made some in-app purchases in the first free games she downloaded before I could deactivate the tablet from my account (was flying and found out when I got home). She's 9 years old, and this route is probably better for my bank account and hopefully will teach her how a budget works. The mom has never been very smart with money, and probably assumes games will cost a few dollars, instead of the $15+ for "good" digital or $40+ for big studio games.

Last edited:
I know I'm not on the list, but I had more fun with Sword & Shield than almost any addition of Pokemon I've ever played.
Also, I really enjoyed Let's Go Pikachu for the combination of Gen 1 nostalgia but with better graphics and features. And it was fun that it allows a second person to adventure with you in the same game, which let my son join me when he was in the mood.

I know I'm not on the list, but I had more fun with Sword & Shield than almost any addition of Pokemon I've ever played.
Also, I really enjoyed Let's Go Pikachu for the combination of Gen 1 nostalgia but with better graphics and features. And it was fun that it allows a second person to adventure with you in the same game, which let my son join me when he was in the mood.
i didnt mean to exclude anyone - sorry! And thank you for your input. So if i liked the older generations more and get burned out on the newer ones quicker, would one of the Let’s Go games be better for me in your opinion?

i didnt mean to exclude anyone - sorry! And thank you for your input. So if i liked the older generations more and get burned out on the newer ones quicker, would one of the Let’s Go games be better for me in your opinion?
No apologies necessary! In a lot of ways, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is an updated version Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, but with more to do and better features. If that was your favorite Pokemon, it's definitely worth giving a try, in my opinion. Although, to me, the hardest part is when you complete the first story mode, and then you're getting challenged by trainers with Weedles that can kick your ass.

Also, if you happen to play Pokemon Go, you can transfer any of the 151 into your Safari Area in Let's Go P/E, and get more chances to catch Meltan in PGo because of it.

@Squidleybits @Dei @Hailey Knight @Shawn @BarackObama

are any of the switch pokemon games worth getting? I kinda a “geewunner” (but really i guess an “uptogeethree-er”) but im having an itch to do some pokemans again.
Sword and Shield and Let’s Go are both super fun but very different. I highly recommend both!
Post automatically merged:

Pokemon Snap is coming out soon and should also be super fun!

I liked Snap, so will look into the new version. I finished Pokemon Blue, but since RPGs aren't really my thing, I stayed away until Pearl, but gave up on that and sold it. Haven't been interested in any of the other releases, other than the trading card game and Go.

My son got Mariokart Live Home Circuit for Christmas. It is bizarre and surreal seeing our home turned into a Mariokart track.

However, the dog does not like it. Every once in a while you see a giant black nose come out of nowhere and snap at Mario. It brings a whole new element of danger!

So Switch emulation has exploded onto the scene in a big way.

Also, Fire and Ice got plopped onto the last NES and SNES game update and FINALLY an actual top notch game that not many people played because it was released so beyond the best before date of the NES that it might as well have never been released.

I'm stoked for Legends and Snap but they REALLY need to clean up the frames on the pokemon in the open world in legends.