Nintendo Switch Thread

They don’t have their own internal battery, so you will need to charge more often.

I got them for playing Monster Hunter. I play LBG and using the joy cons for any amount of time was rough.

They’re called the Split pad pro by Hori and the plain set is on the official Nintendo site. I got my fun one through Amazon I think?

I actually can't quite believe that it's 2022 and GameFreak can't figure out how to make their pokemon look like they actually exist inside the game world. The trailer legitimately looks like the team developing the world and the team developing the characters/pokemon are totally distinct and have never interacted.

What the heck is going on with Nintendo?

Why are they releasing the 4th DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 with the new story content so soon? And next week?

Edit: Rex turned from scrawny kid into a brickhouse.

Last edited:
it’s been almost 3 years, but I finally beat Gannon in BOTW. I’m not sure why it took so long, it wasn’t hard. I think I just got to a point where there was no where else to go other than Hyrule castle, and I just didn’t want it to end. So I just putsed around until now.

Damn it’s a good game. Can’t wait until TOTK.

it’s been almost 3 years, but I finally beat Gannon in BOTW. I’m not sure why it took so long, it wasn’t hard. I think I just got to a point where there was no where else to go other than Hyrule castle, and I just didn’t want it to end. So I just putsed around until now.

One of the best games I've ever played - and I don't say that often.

one of my friends got an advance copy for review.
"I would like to love Tears of the kingdom , but after been playing it for some hours, it has to much focus on building things and that is not my cup of tea, and I get so overwhelmed with to much to do, pass for me.."
so that should be fun for the purists.

GasBandit

Staff member
"Overwhelmed with too much to do" is SO my jam.

(Laughs in Empyrion/Space Engineers/Subnautica/Valheim/Grounded/Raft/Gnomoria/Rimworld/Skyrim/etc/etc/etc...)

All just in time for the sequel game this week

TotK will be playable at midnight EST tonight in North America, or so I have read. Happy hunting!
Normally I'd download but for no reason other than I won't be able to buy a second copy for Sarah soon like I usually do, so that we can share in the meantime, I'll be going to my first "midnight"(Pacific so they sell it at 9, the same time EST it releases) in like 10 years to get a physical copy tonight.

The starting area where they teach you all the abilities takes quite a while to get through, longer than BOTW took. I wish it was faster, but the story line starts off much better.

Yeah I played for like an hour and a half today and I'm only just past the first shrine, in which you get your first power. It's a very nifty power.

Admittedly this is partly due to my habits from BotW, which means I will waste a bunch of time trying to climb everything that seems climbable just in case there's a secret hidden somewhere.

A few hours into Tears of the Kingdom, and you know what I really, really miss? Being able to summon an infinite amount of bombs and just blast the crap out of enemies.

I get super overwhelmed by open world games, and maybe it's just because I've loved Zelda games since childhood, but the Switch Zelda games just feel better? I feel like I get bored of something then just jump gears to a different one to get a different vibe and then go back to whatever else I was doing but it all feels so connected that it feels way less like drudgery than a lot of open world games do? IDK.

I encountered a Lynel in Tear of the Kingdom and got owned repeatedly.

With all the innovations and changes that have gone into this game, there's something rather comforting about encountering a familiar foe and even dying to it. Just like old times.

I was thinking about trying to get the master sword early, but I’m glad I didn’t. Story wise, I’m super glad I waited until after I visited all of the Geoglyphs.
:aaah: