[Important] North_Ranger's Wacky Tumor Thread

Dave

Staff member
Fuck. NR, you are one of the people I really respect. I have no words other than we love you.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Whenever I feel bummed I just remember you're going through a lot worse and are way stronger than I am. Good luck, bro.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Anwers I'm gettin'. They just all happen to suck. I've been put on stroke observation, meaning that I am being constantly monitored for signs of further hemorrhaging - to the point I am forbidden to leave the bed even to take a dump. How I manage that without the use of adult diapers or by being Gary Busey... I'll leave that to your imagination. They'll be keeping me here for now.

Also, typing one-handed AND left-handed? Totally sucks.

Dave

Staff member
You need anything we can help with and we're here, man. Anything. I'll even make a video of myself twerking if it would help.

BananaHands

Staff member
I'm so sorry, man. I wish there was more I can do, but just know that you're an incredibly strong person and have proven that time and time again in this thread.

Also, dear lord, man. If Dave twerks it'll break the internet.

So did you get a ride in an ambulance to TYKS, or just walk?

Thanks for the update! I can't help but worry for you, and my day just got a lot better with your post.

Update.

Getting worse. Can not feel my hands, nor my legs. Fearful of all hell. Gonna get a new CT scan. Likely it has bled worse.

I'm scared.

Dictated to my mom on my iPad. My right hand is completely useless.
Oh man. How brutal. I am sorry to hear it, but looking forward to hear some positive progress. I hold out hope.[DOUBLEPOST=1377794578,1377794489][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am forbidden to leave the bed even to take a dump. How I manage that without the use of adult diapers or by being Gary Busey... I'll leave that to your imagination.
I love that you can still find the gross humour in it all :D

...I am forbidden to leave the bed even to take a dump. How I manage that without the use of adult diapers or by being Gary Busey... I'll leave that to your imagination.
I have a friend with a stoma due to the removal of their lower intestines and colon (f'in cancer). My imagination might be more than necessary in this case...

Words fail me.

NR, there's pretty much nothing I can do that will help your situation, and this is extremely unlikely to change.
I'm not the begging type. I don't beg God, the Fates, or other people for things, it's just not in me, and I doubt begging would change much anyhow. That said, I think I'd prefer you stick around as long as possible. This may be the most impactful of your recent adventures, but we wish to continue to hear of your other escapades, as well. Especially the future ones.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

Staff member
Oh man. How brutal. I am sorry to hear it, but looking forward to hear some positive progress. I hold out hope.[DOUBLEPOST=1377794578,1377794489][/DOUBLEPOST]
I love that you can still find the gross humour in it all :D
"With a tumor, you gotta have humor".

You need anything we can help with and we're here, man. Anything. I'll even make a video of myself twerking if it would help.
I think that would be disastrous, Dave. The Internet still recovering from your flappy hooeties :D

Shit, N_R I missed the updates on the last few days. I don't even know what to say.

Massive good vibes and encouragement to pull through.

And good call on keeping Dave from twerking on video. We want you to get better, after all.

Guys thanks for the likes and fistbumps and shit but go like Zappit's post in his Supervillainous thread too.

I just got around to reading the past few updates and I wanted to let you know that i am so sorry for you having to go through this. And although I know it isn't as much as I wish I could do you are in my thoughts and I wish you a quick recovery.

Christ Almighty... I step out for a week because I'm training a new guy, and what the hell?

I mean, LittleSin and Morphine came back and no-one saw fit to notify?

... In all seriousness, brother, I can't add any more to what's been said without sounding like I'm giving a platitude.... but I'm still going to do it anyway.

Best wishes, ystava. Keep your chin up, and tell life that it hits like a little bitch.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Quick update from the stroke ward:

For the last two days, I have been unable to use my fingers. They simply have not responded to my signals.

Today, I managed to squueze my hand into a fist. There is yet hope.

Thank you for all the love you've sent my way. You folks are awesome.

For the last two days, I have been unable to use my fingers. They simply have not responded to my signals.

Now take the fist, and PUNCH CANCER IN ITS FACE

Hope recovery happens better and faster than expected so you can get away from that definition of stroke and get back to the right one with both hands!