not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to step things up a bit and really get this job hunt moving quicker. I think if I set a goal of at least 10 job apps a day for a while I'll at least feel better about the whole thing. I also need to start going to bed and waking up earlier.
I've had luck with office temp agencies around here.

I need to learn to stop reading the comment sections of news articles. Everytime I do, I feel as if I'm one step closer to being that guy who would press the little red "nuke" button in a heartbeat if he was given the chance.

I need to learn to stop reading the comment sections of news articles. Everytime I do, I feel as if I'm one step closer to being that guy who would press the little red "nuke" button in a heartbeat if he was given the chance.
They always make me feel a little dirty.

figmentPez

Staff member
ARGH! I'm on a really restricted diet (doctor's orders) and my mom is baking a cake for the neighbors! The whole house smells wonderful, and there's nothing I can eat to even come close to satisfying the carb cravings I've had for weeks.

Cajungal

Staff member
So that guy in my complex who asked if I have a boyfriend--I'd recently learned that he lives alone and was planning to share some of my big-pot meals with him since I always make too much food and he seems to be your typical frozen food-eating bachelor. Now I don't want to because of the mixed signals that it would most definitely send. Too bad. I really miss cooking for people and was hoping to kind of reach out to a neighbor. O well, maybe the girls next door would like some rice and beans...

There is a broken system at my office, it has beeped twice every 15 seconds, all freaking day.

I don't think it will be fixed for another 2-3 days.

/pulls hair out by the roots.

There is wedding happening at my house tomorrow. I don't know 58 of the 60 people coming to the wedding, and I have to bartend but all I know about alcohol is that I like it. So that's kind of weird, to have a house full of people I've never met.

Also to prepare for the wedding I have to mow the lawn. Also it is raining. Sooooooooooooooooo :hm:

E

Element 117

I just want to make/find Irish oatmeal.

but first I need to wait around for the adjuster to arrive to asess the smoke damage to my kitchen.

Also, I need to buy fire resistant cooking aprons...

M

makare

So I was sitting in the booth tonight after dark and these mayflies started gathering around the window outside. I thought "huh that's a lot of mayflies" but I didnt think too much off it. But then more and more and more mayflies came. I thought I better get a picture of this so I took this

Suddenly there were mayflies EVERYWHERE. all over the booth, all over the ground in front of the booth, the flag pole, the flags, the lights everything including me. It was horrific. I stood across the road and texted stacey the chick i work with, "holy shit mayflies!". so she came up to the booth thinking I was a moron but even she wasa pretty freaked out so she called our boss Erik and told him we were closing down the booth. Which we did then skedaddled.

Later Erik came to the campground so we went to the office to talk to him. I asked him, since he drove by the booth, if he had seen the mayflies and he said, "you know when stacey called and said you were closing the booth because of mayflies I thought, uh huh whatever, I should have known after working with you all summer that neither of you is full of shit. Seriously, is that supposed to happen? Isnt that like one of the signs of the apocalypse should we be praying or something?"

We had a good laugh. But Im so glad he got to see the one foot by three foot CLOT of mayflies that had gathered on the booth shelf because if he hadnt he wouldnt have believed it.

I still have the heebie jeebies from having all those bugs on me. blech

This is just what I have found personally, and from others I know, but often when an ex contacts you out of the blue they have likely just been dumped/got out of a relationship and are feeling lonely. This is when they go through their old black book and see what's there for temporarily filling the gap between their old relationship and their new one.
This happened to me once. Or ... several times. But the one I'm thinking about was actually kind of awesome because she called me out of the blue one day from Qatar!

I was supposed to go hiking today to the mountains north from here. I really wanted to do it, so I got up at 6:30 in the morning with only 3 hours of sleep, and happy nonetheless. Half an hour later I got a text message saying the people I had to go with weren't coming (why, I don't know. I suspect it's because they went to bed late JUST LIKE ME) and there were only 2 people left, me and the guy texting me: we better leave it for some other day, because it's raining. Uh... Hello Einstein? We're driving an hour and a half to get there, how do you know it's raining there? We already knew that it was going to rain and wanted to go all the same! (Or so I thought...).

So, I got up earlier than on a weekday, bought all kinds of food to bring, etc, all for nothing. And I really wanted to go :(

EDIT: Wow, the main guy who let us down did so because he was partying till late yesterday. He texted saying he wouldn't come at 4:30 in the morning... These people are supposed to be my friends, but I'm seriously angry at them. Despite being very busy, I've spent several hours this week looking for different routes and which one may be better, wather predictions, etc. What an asshole.

My laptop has been out for repair since July 17th and I keep calling up to see how the repair is going and they keep giving me excuse after excuse why it is taking so long. And to top it off their current estimate for my laptops return is August 24th :(

M

makare

Im being forced to live in the dorms and my lip is all swollen up.

Im very unhappy.

So I was sitting in the booth tonight after dark and these mayflies started gathering around the window outside. I thought "huh that's a lot of mayflies" but I didnt think too much off it. But then more and more and more mayflies came. I thought I better get a picture of this so I took this

Suddenly there were mayflies EVERYWHERE. all over the booth, all over the ground in front of the booth, the flag pole, the flags, the lights everything including me. It was horrific. I stood across the road and texted stacey the chick i work with, "holy shit mayflies!". so she came up to the booth thinking I was a moron but even she wasa pretty freaked out so she called our boss Erik and told him we were closing down the booth. Which we did then skedaddled.

Later Erik came to the campground so we went to the office to talk to him. I asked him, since he drove by the booth, if he had seen the mayflies and he said, "you know when stacey called and said you were closing the booth because of mayflies I thought, uh huh whatever, I should have known after working with you all summer that neither of you is full of shit. Seriously, is that supposed to happen? Isnt that like one of the signs of the apocalypse should we be praying or something?"

We had a good laugh. But Im so glad he got to see the one foot by three foot CLOT of mayflies that had gathered on the booth shelf because if he hadnt he wouldnt have believed it.

I still have the heebie jeebies from having all those bugs on me. blech
Back home the Mayflies would get like this for a few days every few years. It was great for feeding my gecko, cause they just let you kind of pluck them off of stuff, they don't even care.
I've noticed ladybugs get like that too every few years. Three years ago was really bad.
This year it was Junebugs, but only for one day.

Bugs are weird.

It could be some kind of bug orgy, where the local plants release a chemical that drives them absolutely insane and they just go at it for a few hours. It'd definitely serve as a way to ensure proper diffusion of genes among the species at least.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I have a headache and I need to finish writing this paper. Brain says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.