Our semi-peri-annual Status Request thread.

Thank you, you are a knight and a gentleman.
*hugs Gasbandit*

I feel like I should make a Borg joke. Or at least a JCM alt joke. Hey, is he doing ok?

I miss many MIA people from here. I hope they are all off living happy awesome lives that leave no time for forums.[DOUBLEPOST=1434948198,1434947940][/DOUBLEPOST]
LET'S NOT START THAT AGAIN. Heh.
I cant help it. I'm reading journals here and crying my eyes out.

GasBandit

Staff member
I miss many MIA people from here. I hope they are all off living happy awesome lives that leave no time for forums.
JCM's posting trailed off very sharply when he had a kid, so I'm assuming that's the story with that.

Well, to be honest I got over my thing about hugs pretty damn quick when I got buried in them in late 2013. It's hard to stay a jerkass to people who get you through the toughest of all tough times even though you've been a grade A jerkass to them for years and years.

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry I had to put you on ignore all those years ago. Pauline literally thought I was cheating on her with you, as I'm sure you'll remember. She wouldn't even talk to me until I agreed to do so, and gave her my login so she could check up on me.

Kind of ironic given that it turns out she'd been seeing someone else for years by that point.

Still busy with language schools in Brazil. Still happily engaged. Kids are doing great. Life is great.

...Wait, I think I wasn't supposed to post that as one of my alts. Dammit.

I miss many MIA people from here. I hope they are all off living happy awesome lives that leave no time for forums.[DOUBLEPOST=1434948198,1434947940][/DOUBLEPOST]

... who are you and what have you done with Amy?

Reactions: Amy
Things haven't changed for me much since the last time you asked the question.

Adult kids have all moved out. We built a deck and converted their basement bedroom into a man cave complete with pool table, mini-bar/wine rack, air hockey, darts, and a big tv for all the media (ps3, wii, roku, etc).

My wife bought a camaro.

We're pretty much in full "midlife crisis" mode, but now that we're here, I have some insight on that. When people hit my age and start buying this kind of stuff, it's not because they're trying to recapture their youth. It's because all of the kids are finally gone and they can freaking afford it now. ;)

((Stuff.))
Yeah, I think we had this chat awhile back. Still. *hugs, dammit* I'm sorry all that Stuff happened.

... who are you and what have you done with Amy?
Still here. (here being alive, on Earth.) Lots of counselling, lots of meditation, and lots of navel gazing basically. And you know, Stuff happening. The thing is, I realized that no matter how quick witted I thought I was, there's always plenty quicker, and I was never anything but an a**hole to begin with. So, now I'm trying not to be. *hugs*

Amy(ish) person.... Always a pleasure to see you.
Tell me EVERYTHING. In a PM, of course. *hugs*

I count it a boon that I have been threatened by Amy. I felt like part of the group. :minionhappy:
Consider all threats rescinded *hugs*

When people hit my age and start buying this kind of stuff, it's not because they're trying to recapture their youth. It's because all of the kids are finally gone and they can freaking afford it now. ;)
Wait, how old are you? Also, how is the novel-ing going? *hugs*

notes to significant others. All hugs in this post are purely platonic and in no way indicative of any romantic interest in anyone hugged.

Wait, how old are you? Also, how is the novel-ing going? *hugs*

notes to significant others. All hugs in this post are purely platonic and in no way indicative of any romantic interest in anyone hugged.
46. I'm part of the secret "old farts club" that meets here semi-regularly. I just look younger, because of all of the drugs and sex.

The noveling is going alright. The first two novels generally bounce around 100-300K in the Amazon rankings, which isn't bad considering that they're far from new now. Frustratingly, the mead-making book I put together over a weekend does better than either of them most months.

The 10 music books I have out are in a very niche market (traditional public domain Irish music) so I never expected them to sell much. And they don't. But they sell more than I anticipated. :D

I'm about half-way through the 3rd book in the fantasy series, and we'll see the conclusion to the main character's storyline in that book, but I'm leaving things open for more stories and stuff in the world as a whole.

I really want to re-do both of my covers, though, before the 3rd book is out. It's just matter of scrounging up the $1500-2000 to get all 3 done at once. I can do it, but I keep finding other things to spend the money on recently (the aforementioned deck, et al)

I'm not making life-changing money, but I'm doing better than most, so I count my blessings.

Oh, and I've lost maybe 10 more pounds since the last post.

Hello, it's good to see you are alive and well :)

I am doing alright I suppose, just pretty much work and trying to work through some mental shit.

Dave

Staff member
You know what happened since I last posted here? This did.

Yup, that's me & @HowDroll. We met (with two of my friends with me) and had some Chicago deep dish pizza. It was okay I guess. [emoji2]

And no, she's not marrying @ElJuski. And she's a total hipster. Like Super Hipster, right down to the Apple watch and Soylent diet. Nice, though! And smarter than me, which just pisses me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know what happened since I last posted here? This did.

Yup, that's me & @HowDroll. We met (with two of my friends with me) and had some Chicago deep dish pizza. It was okay I guess. [emoji2]

And no, she's not marrying @ElJuski. And she's a total hipster. Like Super Hipster, right down to the Apple watch and Soylent diet. Nice, though! And smarter than me, which just pisses me off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had a really awesome time :D Glad we got the chance to meet up!

It seems like there should be more given how long it's been.

Oh! My mom beat breast cancer - it was caught very early - and she's doing fine.

I now work at the Leslie Knope Library (or at least, the real library they used for it) in my second job.

I met BelleChere at a convention. Spent 20 minutes discussing RPGs (she'd been asking about the difference between D&D and Pathfinder on her FB page), bought a couple prints. She seemed nice.

Reactions: Amy