Pet Peeve rants.

Before Prime, Amazon would charge you for shipping if the order was broken up. Even if the total was over the free shipping price. They treated each shipment like a different order.
Really? I'm pretty sure they never did that over here - it's them that decide to split it up so they can't force you to accept extra costs based on their decision.

They tried to do that to me on some pan pastels. I had to go and pick individual colours from Amazon vendors to get free shipping. It was still broken up into a few orders, but as long as it was « Amazon » I got free shipping.

Amazon always had the option to ship everything as fast as possible, which would result in shipping charges if it had to get broken up, or the option to just wait until they could consolidate everything, in which case you weren't charged.

The Sam Elliot "You're a special kind of stupid." meme pic is the fucking worst. Not because of Sam Elliot, who rules, or because of what he's saying, but because it's always somehow involved in some fucking boomer political meme. I fucking hate seeing it. It makes me sad.

I hate when someone from work sends me a message and the first message is only to greet me. It makes me wait for the next message where they actually tell me what they need.

Oh hey Cog
Post automatically merged:

Could you do me a favor?

(25 minutes of "Bubble is typing...")

Nevermind! Found it!

I hate when people says that something bothers them and someone follows up by someone doing that thing "ironically."

I also hate when people get unnecessarily meta.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hate when people call me to ask for help and don't get to the point.

"Hey, it's Dudeguy..... Sooooooooo...... I'm out here at... clientLocation... aaaaand..... (5 second pause)... I got this problem, annnnnnnnnnnd..)

Dude, put your words together before you call me please.

He’s probably stalling while he dials into his tablet because he wasn’t expecting you to actually answer that quickly.

—Patrick

Is there anything worse than live episodes of podcasts? Bad audio, having to try to understand what the hosts are saying over the audience noise, the audience pandering and the ultimate death sentence for a podcast, the live question and answer segments.

I've been listening to We Hate Movies, which is very funny, but the live episodes, which are often about movies I would 100% want to hear an episode about, are fucking death.

Silver lining of Covid-19, there's no more live episodes of podcasts for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Is there anything worse than live episodes of podcasts? Bad audio, having to try to understand what the hosts are saying over the audience noise, the audience pandering and the ultimate death sentence for a podcast, the live question and answer segments.

I've been listening to We Hate Movies, which is very funny, but the live episodes, which are often about movies I would 100% want to hear an episode about, are fucking death.

Silver lining of Covid-19, there's no more live episodes of podcasts for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
If they have bad audio, then they did a bad job with their set-up.

The audio is always worse than the non-live episodes, no matter which podcast it is. That's just the facts of recording in a big open room.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's entirely possible to do great sound live, but it requires decent knowledge of signal processing and somebody to monitor the feed and make adjustments in real time for the first couple runs.

Not to mention just knowing how sound works in general.
So many people don’t even get how much difference there is once you fill a bunch of empty seats with actual bodies.

—Patrick

Use your mute button when you’re not speaking. Come on people.

Also, I hate video chat and have terrible hair at the moment, but I put the silly camera on because I feel bad for our teacher. He shouldn’t be the only guy on screen.

Use your mute button when you’re not speaking. Come on people.

Also, I hate video chat and have terrible hair at the moment, but I put the silly camera on because I feel bad for our teacher. He shouldn’t be the only guy on screen.
On behalf of teachers everywhere, thank you. One of our assistant principals forbids us from even asking students to turn cameras on, because there might be a child who feels ashamed or uncomfortable showing their home in the background. And that's a valid reason to not require cameras! But apparently even asking students to turn cameras on would make this hypothetical student feel self-conscious, so we teachers just end up talking into a mute void.

On behalf of teachers everywhere, thank you. One of our assistant principals forbids us from even asking students to turn cameras on, because there might be a child who feels ashamed or uncomfortable showing their home in the background. And that's a valid reason to not require cameras! But apparently even asking students to turn cameras on would make this hypothetical student feel self-conscious, so we teachers just end up talking into a mute void.
I can’t even imagine speaking to a class full people and see only the initials on the screen.

To steal a joke I saw over the weekend...

It's like conducting a séance.
"Mark... Mark, can you hear me? Say something, Mark. Tell us the answer, Mark..."
In my class we’re reading a book in French and discussing it. I find it odd to have floating initials and the sound of roaming humpback whales (use the mute button please folks).

Our son’s teacher has made it very clear that you can wear pajamas if you like, so long as it means you are wearing SOMEthing.

—Patrick

• Funny
Reactions: Dei

figmentPez

Staff member
I hate the term "next <day of the week>", it doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. It's Wenesday, does "next Thursday" mean tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow? On Friday will "next Thursday" be in 5 days, or 12 days? It all depends on who said it, so it's pretty much a worthless phrase.

Just say the date. You're texting, you have access to a calendar on your phone. Look up the damn date and be specific.