Pronounce Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.

Did y'all know I have a name besides cajungal? It's Leslie, and it's pronounced like this:

Les-lee. How about that?

Cajungal said:

Did y'all know I have a name besides cajungal? It's Leslie, and it's pronounced like this:

Les-lee. How about that?
I don't believe you. I think it's pronounced Lays-laye. :angry:

Cajungal

Staff member
Well sure if you've got a mouthful of peanut butter or something... do you have a mouthful of peanut butter?

L

Lally

Lollypop - pop = Lally. (I imagine some people saying it rhyming with pep rally. That is not so.)

Laur (rhymes with bar, not bore) + uh = me!

XSammiKaneX said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Well sure if you've got a mouthful of peanut butter or something... do you have a mouthful of peanut butter?
We don't have any in the apartment. :(
Well, that sucks.
It does! I need to go to the store, we're out of pretty much everything and my stomach will rage if I eat ramen again.

Cajungal said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Serves you right for mispronouncing my name!
Cajuns are so vindictive. :confused:

X

XSammiKaneX

CynicismKills said:
XSammiKaneX said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Well, that sucks.
It does! I need to go to the store, we're out of pretty much everything and my stomach will rage if I eat ramen again.

Cajungal said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Serves you right for mispronouncing my name!
Cajuns are so vindictive. :confused:
Oh shi-yeah you need to go shopping then. Too much ramen..well there's really no saying to go along with that... :eyeroll:

C

Chazwozel

Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

Pronounced as: Matt.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'll get all voodoo on you... it's bad grisgris to mispronounce a Cajun's name..... *starts swinging around a beheaded chicken or something weird like that*

X

XSammiKaneX

Chazwozel said:
Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

I don't see how that could be mispronounced... :rofl:

-- June 23rd, 2009, 12:52 pm --

Cajungal said:
I'll get all voodoo on you... it's bad grisgris to mispronounce a Cajun's name..... *starts swinging around a beheaded chicken or something weird like that*
He needs brick dust and salt now.

Fer as in Fertile.... ish.

nan
as in Nantucket

do
as in door minus the "r".

It's hard as hell to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

Of course, it's hard to pronounce it completely accurately, so even though I hate they way it sounds, I WOULD respond to "Fur-nan-dough".

C

Chazwozel

XSammiKaneX said:
Chazwozel said:
Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

I don't see how that could be mispronounced... :rofl:
Well depending on the person and if they're calling me by my full name:

Mat-you
Mat-chew
Mad-you

Cajungal

Staff member
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as hell to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

Of course, it's hard to pronounce it completely accurately, so even though I hate they way it sounds, I WOULD respond to "Fur-nan-dough".
The way you pronounce the "fer" sounds kind of like "fair" but not so nasal. Like.... fehr nahn doh

Cajungal said:
You give me back my chicken stick! Nobody said you could borrow that!
Meraede said:
I know. I have 11. Would you like me to send you all 15,487 pictures of them? :p
Good grief, I have 2 and their a huge handful! Can't even imagine!

I'll tell you what, if my real name were to be guessed correctly, I'd admit to it. I can guarantee it'd be impossible to find out though, for one it's a very uncommon name, doubly so for someone of hispanic backround. Almost hippy in choice.

I'll give the first letter: "C"

L

Lally

Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as * to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

The way you pronounce the "fer" sounds kind of like "fair" but not so nasal. Like.... fehr nahn doh
In trying to say this, I'm trying really hard to not say "dough" but I'm finding it nearly impossible. Oh, the woes of being a dumb hick :\

Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:
I know. I have 11. Would you like me to send you all 15,487 pictures of them? :p

I'll tell you what, if my real name were to be guessed correctly, I'd admit to it. I can guarantee it'd be impossible to find out though, for one it's a very uncommon name, doubly so for someone of hispanic backround. Almost hippy in choice.

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?

Lally said:
Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as * to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

In trying to say this, I'm trying really hard to not say "dough" but I'm finding it nearly impossible. Oh, the woes of being a dumb hick :\
Heh, I know, it IS kind of a latin sound...think of the "do" in like.. Donatello. Or... dork. Y'know.. that short, quick "o" sound.

You guys aren't gonna make me record this one too, are you? :p

X

XSammiKaneX

HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?
One question....what the hell made you think of "Cthulu"?

Shannow

Staff member
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

Strange, for somereason I thought it was pronounced

Frau, prounounced like Fraud minus the 'd'
stee, pronounced like steer, minus the r

Soo - like Suit, no t
zan - like xanatos, with no -atos.

Frau - stee
Su-zan

Frosty Susan
:slywink:

XSammiKaneX said:
HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?
Shego in real life looks like this:

:zoid:

C

Cuyval Dar

Calleja said:
Lally said:
Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

Heh, I know, it IS kind of a latin sound...think of the "do" in like.. Donatello. Or... dork. Y'know.. that short, quick "o" sound.

You guys aren't gonna make me record this one too, are you? :p
Yes, Susan.
Or we could just do what Necro does in Vent and call you Cal.

X

XSammiKaneX

Edrondol said:
XSammiKaneX said:
HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?
Shego in real life looks like this:

:zoid:

(I've been wanting to use this one..)

GORRAM IT BOWIELEE!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE PALS!

ARGGHHH!!

...yes, that wretched song pronounces it pretty close. :eek:rly:

Status
Not open for further replies.