[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Honestly, the cat actually having any degree of power and not just intelligence and the delusions of grandeur that all cats have anyway is almost too far a stretch for me. I have no idea why PVP semi-regularly gives over to Scratch's bouts of supervillainy.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Sorry, once we get to "cat has stolen Santa's brain in a jar, duelled him psychically to gain access to the ancient secrets of the twelve kingdoms of Christmas, and laid siege to the North Pole...." no, it really does not get more ridiculous than that. I cannot fathom how you can accept that as par for the course and then freak out when the secrets of the Twelve Kingdoms of Christmas... lead to secret powers that no one's seen before. Especially when the whole thing is so completely not intended to be taken seriously at all.
Ever heard of the expression "that which broke the camel's back"? Apologies for mangling said phrase, but it is quite late here. Also, I had just been re-watching Nostalgia Critic review Batman and Robin, and somehow the appearance of Kringlings - which to me sounded stupid beyond human comprehension - I kind of snapped.

Also, the whole secrets of the Dozen Domains of the Season or whatever sounds just completely stupid.

Take that serious stick out of your keister, man.

Zappit

Staff member
Oh, this is getting even worse - Dark Kringus? There's not even any coherency to these strips now - and I don't think you can justify it by saying LOLBat has that random nature.

As much as I dislike Lolbat, he better not lose this one.

I'm really sick of this 'lol evil' cat and Kringus, there's such thing as taking a joke too far, and if you carry it over to the other side of the planet it doesnt get as funny as it first was. Its about time for him to lose.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Don't worry, Draxo... LOLBat will likely get his second wind from the tears of meme kittehs or morph into Anonymon, the ultimate meme or whatever...

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe Kringus will learn the true meaning of Christmas and allow himself to be stopped?

Bwahahaha! I couldn't say that with a straight face.

P

Philosopher B.

Psssh I haven't read PVP in months. Then again, Hark! A Vagrant, Gun Show, Chainsaw Suit, and Penny Arcade are practically the only comics I bother to read frequently these days ...

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

You know what gets me, Kurtz acting embarrassed about all his old strips. You know, when he had punchlines. That was some crazy sheeeit.

Fixed that for you Kurtz (you hack. ;)) Every proper meme shouting hero needs to scream "I AM A MAN!" when performing a massive punch.
I disagree. We all know the greater "punch" meme is...

FALCON PAUUUNNCCCHH!

I really was surprised not to see "lolbat Paaunnncchhh!" or "Christmas Paaaunnnccchhh!"

D

Disconnected

anything is better than Hurk. how the hell do you end anything with Hurk. really.

figmentPez

Staff member
I, uh, don't really know what to make of this. . . .

Why didn't the Santa corp just show and duel Kringus in the first place?
I don't know if Kurtz planned it this way, but I took that as part of the gag. The Green Lantern Corps has either shown up late, or been completely ineffective, so often I'm pretty sure it's a cliche.

I don't know if Kurtz planned it this way, but I took that as part of the gag. The Green Lantern Corps has either shown up late, or been completely ineffective, so often I'm pretty sure it's a cliche.
That was my assumption. (Whether he planned it or not, it was funny).

What I particularly like is that, when all is said done, Scratch IS still just a cat in a tree. I'm also tickled by the fact that now Butler knows who Scratch is. I bet that'll end up being relevant next year.

Overall I thought the arc was good. The haters were never going to like it no matter what. I think the big mistake Kurtz made last year was getting all hyped up about it and getting a guest artist when basically it was a pretty average story arc.

I have a feeling it's going to lead to Scratch trying to find out who LoLBat is, with hijinks ensuing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hey, weren't those elves and Lolbat's sidekick being attacked by kring... ahem... the kring... those little spruce-like things?

Also, the Santa Corps? Really? I call Ass Pull...