R2-D2's Gender

What is R2-D2's gender?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Cajungal said:
O man, after hearing what ed has to say about Wall-E, I can't wait til he posts here.
Wait, I must have missed this. What did he say? That Wall-E was actually programmed female, thus making the film the first in world history presenting the love story of two lesbian robots?

Cajungal

Staff member
O he's just got a big problem with Wall-E, the fucking adorable robot who has the capacity to love... because he's a cruel old man whose heart is two sizes too small.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Chazwozel said:
WildSoul said:
Chazwozel said:
Fun Size said:
After making an interesting discovery, I know want to know everyone else's thoughts. When you watched Star Wars, did you assign a gender to R2-D2, and if so, what was it? For the few who actually follow these links, vote first.

Robot...

Gender implies reproduction
. Robots don't require gender reproduce.
Neither do organisms like yeast and bacteria, yet they reproduce. As far as I know, gender doesn't necessarily have anything to do with reproduction and neither do genitals.
They don't sexually reproduce.

YEAH TIME FOR A ROUND OF TRY AND BEST THE MOTHERFUCKING BIOLOGIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smug:
But you didn't say anything about sex. You just said reproduction and there are things that don't require a gender in order to reproduce. (Yes, Dr. Bio-Alpha, it's as goofy as this entire thread. :tongue: )

Steve said:
@Li3n said:
Him and C3PO where obviously a gay couple
No, C3PO was obviously gay but not R2. R2 was just cool and had no problem with C3PO's sexual preference.
Because he has a snooty, British accent that make him gay? Next, you'll tell me that David Hyde Pierce is gay. :eyeroll:

I think I kind of assigned him as a male because I'm a guy and tend to do that. It's like how even though I don't know the gender of a dog I'll refer to it as a he anyway. I think it's also from how he would always be around 3PO who actually had a male body and voice and I just kinda assumed male by association.

Steve said:
@Li3n said:
No, C3PO was obviously gay but not R2. R2 was just cool and had no problem with C3PO's sexual preference.
Sure, because being the butch one means you're not gay... (granted, he could have been bi, we don't see any "female" robots so there's no way to tell).

drawn_inward said:
Steve said:
[quote="@Li3n":8p753nvd]Him and C3PO where obviously a gay couple
Because he has a snooty, British accent that make him gay? Next, you'll tell me that David Hyde Pierce is gay. :eyeroll:[/quote:8p753nvd]

:whistling:

sixpackshaker said:
drawn_inward said:
Steve said:
\"@Li3n\":1rk8ccoe said:
Because he has a snooty, British accent that make him gay? Next, you'll tell me that David Hyde Pierce is gay. :eyeroll:
:whistling:[/quote:1rk8ccoe]

Dacid Hyde Pierce isn't gay as far as I know. I'm pretty sure his husband is though.

GasBandit

Staff member
They called him "he" in the movies, so I always considered him a "he."

"You know, that little droid is going to cause me a lot of trouble." - Luke
"Oh, he excels at that, sir." - C3P0

But what I could never stomach was people spelling out their names phoenetically. You know.. "Threepio" and "Artoo." Drove me up the wall, especially in star wars books.

Status
Not open for further replies.