Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but he controller is dopey as hell.
I must admit I was a bit critical of how the controller looked at first... but after trying it, it was by far the most comfortable controller I'd ever used, and possibly since. Its only real flaw was how the cable came out of the bottom instead of the top.

Ok, Capcom, you're in general doing fucking awesome. You've been on this kick of releasing good fun games that are enjoyed by many. Please, just one criticism.

STOP DRASTICALLY CHANGING THE LOOKS AND VOICE ACTORS OF LONG TIME CHARACTERS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. JESUS.

Chris Redfield from Resi7

1592069514154.png

To Resi8

1592069555970.png

I know I've beaten this drum before, but there really is a lack of good sci-fi RPGs out there. Fantasy gets like 56 new ones every third weekend, sci-fi is lucky if one good one a year appears.

figmentPez

Staff member
I call it "Baby's First Diablo".
That was my initial impression from the very first gameplay I saw, and I don't know why anyone was expecting it to be something else.

I think Tycho, of Penny Arcade, had a good view on it. Comic and News Post. It's a family game, something that young gamers, new to ARPGs can play. If you start to play the game of Life expecting it to be Settlers of Catan, then you're going to be disappointed, but that doesn't make Life a bad game.

I linked this video over in the political thread to explain a term, but it would be cruel of me to not link it here as well.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Gah, I've always turned bloom off whenever I was given the option. I hate that effect. That video is like... visual nails on a blackboard to me.

Jesus, I'm not saying it's a usual body type for women, but for fuck's sakes guys. This is Jala Prendes from a video game podcast I listen to. A human woman in the real world.

1593297485483.png

Jesus, I'm not saying it's a usual body type for women, but for fuck's sakes guys. This is Jala Prendes from a video game podcast I listen to. A human woman in the real world.

View attachment 34433
Doesn't matter how (un)usual it is in current-year--videogames are rife with roided-looking protagonists and there isn't an uproar about muh immersion. The idea that most men can become that swole without a specialized diet and large time/effort commitments is about as dumb as the idea that women are big-titted frail waifs incapable of building any muscle through regular hard labor. These folk should look at photographs/tintypes of 19-20th century farmers and laborers, or read descriptions of the the median daily life anytime before now.

1593299168839.png

1593299453126.png

1593299814680.png

1593299887398.png

1593299867998.png

Also, Laura Bailey is bae, and they can fuck off giving Abby shit for her body. (Abby as a character on the other hand ehhhhh)

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, the first Gamer Poop video in forever. Guess Raycon's really shelling out, since they sponsored this one.

6 hours of play time isn't enough for me though :/