Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
Aaagh my favorite RimWorld/Oxygen Not Included youtuber has started making Space Engineers videos. I can feel it pulling me back in!

Ho-lee shit. I knew the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition launch was a disaster, but not to this extent.

I was in the sa-mp community, I've played a lot of pc san andreas. The remaster is better than the original pc port in every way. The original was designed to run at 24 fps and had a frame limiter in the options bc the game would break down if the frame rate was too high. You couldn't even drive anywhere bc the cars would auto brake whenever you let off the gas. The original did not support analog controls for steering, acceleration, or braking, I had to mod that back into the game and back it up so I wouldn't have to do it again. Modders were pirating the original unpatched version for compatibility anyway. So I'm pretty damn happy I can play this game smoothly now

Last edited:
I have Vice City on Steam, but I could never get it to run on my Ryzen desktop. Even the extra files that were supposed to get it to work didn't help. I was hoping the new release would fix that.

I have Vice City on Steam, but I could never get it to run on my Ryzen desktop. Even the extra files that were supposed to get it to work didn't help. I was hoping the new release would fix that.
It does have some legit issues, you'd be better off waiting for some patches and a sale
Post automatically merged:

Or just pirate it, I can't tell people not to do that lol

Edit: disabling every overlay and power saving setting I could find seems to have fixed my fps drops. My laptop has got some very special issues tho, it seems to be only compatible with 144hz displays and it likes to force everything to run on integrated graphics no matter what I set the default to

Last edited:
Or just pirate it, I can't tell people not to do that lol
Even when I *could* get the steam version to run on my old i5 2500K box, I preferred the non-steam version because it worked better with the trainers. Which I would use to immediately grab all 100 packages before starting to actually play the game. ;)

Even when I *could* get the steam version to run on my old i5 2500K box, I preferred the non-steam version because it worked better with the trainers. Which I would use to immediately grab all 100 packages before starting to actually play the game. ;)
Yeeeep, modders were already distributing their preferred version of these games and that was never the latest steam version

It's funny, I've heard about these remasterers on multiple fora, on blogs, on Facebook, friends, official reviews, and you are literally the only one I've seen say anything positive. From visual downgrades, over non working scripts, new bugs, unfixed old bugs, strange UI choices, wrong skeleton use, cuts, lack of modding support, etc etc, everyone has something to complain over.
I mean, good for you that you're enjoying it, keep it up, I wish you'll be spared of any and all bugs and have a wonderful time, it's just genuinely weird to see one person go "this is great" when even reviewers who never get on a bandwagon seem to be tearing it down for being a cynical cash grab.

The sunsets in vice city are so good, this really feels like florida. And the conservatism on the radio is spot on lol. Sometimes I'll listen to random christian stations bc people really are nuts down here

It's funny, I've heard about these remasterers on multiple fora, on blogs, on Facebook, friends, official reviews, and you are literally the only one I've seen say anything positive. From visual downgrades, over non working scripts, new bugs, unfixed old bugs, strange UI choices, wrong skeleton use, cuts, lack of modding support, etc etc, everyone has something to complain over.
I mean, good for you that you're enjoying it, keep it up, I wish you'll be spared of any and all bugs and have a wonderful time, it's just genuinely weird to see one person go "this is great" when even reviewers who never get on a bandwagon seem to be tearing it down for being a cynical cash grab.
I seriously do not care that a lame sign joke about air guitars for sale that I do not even remember from the original was corrupted in the upscaling. I was watching some footage before I tried it for myself and this streamer with almost 200k followers was bitching about the wheels being different lol. I don't like it when people try to imitate the people they're following and let them tell them what to think about everything and this is a big problem in the gaming community. Guys need to grow up

A jersery in san andreas looks like it has a 9 pasted over a 7, so fucking what? Did anybody love the 7 jersey? I loved driving a taxi, betting on the horses, and that bumble bee game. All of that stuff works perfectly

Edit: lot of the stuff that's actually broken is from the console versions, particulary the switch which is known to be a weak system. I am never buying a console again so that is not a problem for me

I think starting a mission in vice city is supposed to reset your wanted level and it hasn't in the remaster. However, with the new checkpoint system this means I can keep respawning with a chainsaw to fight cops lol

I have the original downloading so I can verify this for myself

Edit: I wish to fuck that I could record footage of these fights, this is so cool lol

Last edited:
Ho-lee shit. I knew the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition launch was a disaster, but not to this extent.

I love jim for all they've done to bring awareness of industry bullshit for people who are not already anticapitalists but this is not a good look for me. You can find anecdotal evidence of any game glitching out and the originals had very buggy physics, you would just die for no reason sometimes and there are years of posts from gamers complaining about that and literally nobody is talking about it now

You don't have enough pigs to hurt me (No more screenshots after this, the steam overlay was causing major fps drops)

pigs.jpg

Last edited:
Reinstalled the steam version of vice city and the first song I heard on the radio was billie jean, the original game is still fully intact

So long as you already own it. I don't believe you can buy it.
Yup. It's been delisted to buy on Steam, along with the others. If you already bought it, you can still access and install it. But right now, the only way to play them is the broken remastered versions, only on Rockstar's launcher, at least on PC.

Yup. It's been delisted to buy on Steam, along with the others. If you already bought it, you can still access and install it. But right now, the only way to play them is the broken remastered versions, only on Rockstar's launcher, at least on PC.
Pirate it and check it out for yourself. It's running better than the steam version for me

Pirate it and check it out for yourself. It's running better than the steam version for me
I'm not interested enough to go to that effort. Even if it was a great remaster, I still would've waited until it dropped on Steam (if it does). And even then, I would've waited until I could get it for dirt cheap, like 75% off.

No one's gonna fault you for enjoying the remaster. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Doesn't mean the way it was done and the anti consumer practices can't be criticized.

I bought and enjoyed Diablo 2 resurrected. Doesn't mean I won't still shit on Blizzard for everything they do.

No one's gonna fault you for enjoying the remaster. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Doesn't mean the way it was done and the anti consumer practices can't be criticized.

I bought and enjoyed Diablo 2 resurrected. Doesn't mean I won't still shit on Blizzard for everything they do.
I haven't said that

What developer has been updating their games for modern operating systems and hardware for 20 years? These games should be freeware like everything else from 20 years ago. Would I be right to complain that Dune 2000 isn't for sale anymore? No, I should act like an adult and just download it. It takes one click to start a torrent and you can search for abandonware

I really did get annoyed when I saw people complaining that they can't buy a ps2 game for 20 bucks anymore. It will cost you more to get a copy of crazy taxi than these remasters. I'm not the one kissing corporate ass here

I really did get annoyed when I saw people complaining that they can't buy a ps2 game for 20 bucks anymore. It will cost you more to get a copy of crazy taxi than these remasters. I'm not the one kissing corporate ass here
You do seem super defensive about it, though.

You do seem super defensive about it, though.
I'm expressing an opinion from personal experience, not repeating somebody else's. That's the difference. Nobody else has talked about playing these games and they are right there on the pirate bay if they're so interested in how bad they are

Last edited: