Random Video Game Crap

We've never gotten a re-release of Red Dead Redemption because Rockstar was able to get that spaghetti code to compile exactly once and never again. Who knows where that source code is.
HA HA!

It's being rereleased on Switch and PS4.

Because Rockstar doesn't give a shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Beating all the (new) Hitman games - no murder challenge.

No murder means, by this guy's rules, he cannot directly cause someone's death through action, but, say, putting a banana peel at the edge of a cliff and then throwing a coin at it is fine, because the idiot going over there to pick up the coin and step on the COMPLETELY OBVIOUS BANANA is too dumb to live. Lots of that sort of thing. Lighting up cigarettes next to visibly leaky gas drums/propane tanks, etc.

Also note that "no murder" does NOT mean "no violence" because I lost track of the number of mooks clubbed into unconsciousness with a banana.

Argh. I'm replaying Daggerfall (first time using Unity though, it's quite different). I forgot this is a game from the Good Old Days when Space was at a premium, so....No auto-saving. At all. Just lost well over an hour's worth of progress. Nothing too serious but still, D'oh.

They're characters from Stardew Valley. The nurse in panel 2 is Maru, a female NPC and potential love interest. The doctor in panel 3 is Harvey, a male NPC and another potential love interest. The old guy in the final panel is your grandpa, who passes away in the opening cutscene and bequeaths his farm to you, the player, which is why you get to be a farmer in the first place.

On a whim, I decided to subscribe to Game Pass again. Tried High On Life for 5 minutes before the endless annoying voices in the game irritated me too much. Tried a few other games, but I'm honestly tired of every single new game requiring an administrator permission. Because it's not just having to permit it, but then I get MULTIPLE emails on different email accounts saying "new app connected to your Microsoft account."

For fucks sake, why is that even a built-in feature in the first place? And there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off in the app.

I saw the first gameplay footage of "Starfield" and well, it's a Bethesda game.

Even though I even played Baldurs Gate 3 yet, I think it will still be the best RPG this year.

I remember the first time I came across one of those while playing Pathfinder WotR. One of the mods made the black Paladin party member white and it was called Improved Seelah. The mod maker's name was like NordPride1488 or some such nonsense too.

So with Cities Skylines 2 on the horizon and the first game on sale, I thought I'd look into finally getting all the DLCs for Cities Skylines to have the most complete experience. So I log on to Steam and... holy motherlover, it costs NT$6420 (approximately US$200) to buy all the DLC. Even with the vast majority of the DLCs receiving a discount of some sort.

Yeah I'm gonna go for a more selective approach.

So with Cities Skylines 2 on the horizon and the first game on sale, I thought I'd look into finally getting all the DLCs for Cities Skylines to have the most complete experience. So I log on to Steam and... holy motherlover, it costs NT$6420 (approximately US$200) to buy all the DLC. Even with the vast majority of the DLCs receiving a discount of some sort.

Yeah I'm gonna go for a more selective approach.
Would this help? I'm thinking of getting it for myself for the last remaining DLC. I can give you any leftovers I already have.

Last edited:
Would this help? I'm thinking of getting it for myself for the last remaining DLC. I can give you any leftovers I don't already have.

It's all right, thanks, I've resolved to wait until the next sale. Hopefully the DLCs will go on a deeper discount then. I'm busy playing Mass Effect, Stellaris, Hitman, TotK etc lately, I have no problem waiting a bit longer, because I don't anticipate playing Cities Skylines in the near future. Thanks for the offer though!

figmentPez

Staff member
Most color calibration mods I see just make games look worse, and that makes me wonder how many gamers need to calibrate/adjust their monitors.

Considering the sparse (especially level 5) spell list, it's amazing how many God awful useless spells made it into the final game.

Witch bolt.