Random Video Game Crap

Considering the sparse (especially level 5) spell list, it's amazing how many God awful useless spells made it into the final game.

Witch bolt.
Hey, Witch Bolt teaches you a very important lesson.

It teaches you to swap it out for a better spell immediately, because you could just do a cantrip every turn instead

Bit of a rant: are people actual paying attention to the games they are playing or are people only consuming as fast as they can to spill out their opinion and jump to the next game?
I think most people really do play a game thoroughly when they like it. But I think the dorks that briefly play a game without really getting into it, all so they can blather on about it on Twitter, are more visible. They stand out in our attention, so it feels like there’s more of them.

That depends, can you give an example?
It's a general observation but right now, the opinions on Final Fantasy XVI. I finished the game and were looking into the thoughts of others. I know it's a divisive game but some stuff makes me wonder if people just skipped dialogs and pushed through. And it makes me wonder if I'm the odd one out and insane.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a general observation but right now, the opinions on Final Fantasy XVI. I finished the game and were looking into the thoughts of others. I know it's a divisive game but some stuff makes me wonder if people just skipped dialogs and pushed through. And it makes me wonder if I'm the odd one out and insane.
There exists a sizeable chunk of the gamer population that loves RPG mechanics but hates dialog. But you are not odd, they are just psychopaths.

1695136695955.png

There exists a sizeable chunk of the gamer population that loves RPG mechanics but hates dialog. But you are not odd, they are just psychopaths.

View attachment 46059
What make me feel odd and wonder if I have an askwed view is something I heard from different sources. That the female characters are terrible written. Some even say the worst in any Final Fantasy.

I don't understand how people come to that conclusion. Yes, unlike other games in the series there is not a female protagonist. Jill is just a companion that you can't even give commands except for Torgal. But that is one of many minor flaws in the mechanic in the game since you can't give any commands to any companion. Except for Torgal. And yes, I question the decision when
Jill is being put on the sideline at one point basically being told it's to dangerous. However this is addressed in the game by a character questions Clives decision and punches him in the face
. But I don't feel that woman in this game get the shorter end of the stick. At lot of the characters you meet are respected parts of their communities, running businesses and have a lot of power.

I think he picked the easiest possible map to do something like this. Pull it off on the Isle of Sgail and then I'll be impressed!

Coral Island leaves early access on Nov 14. No early access saves will be compatible with 1.0 however for those of us with save files we can keep our gold with a new save +.

I wish I had known this before I started a new save recently, but having the extra gold will be nice and 1.0 is looking great.

Not to kill the joke (because trying to think of said-sin is hilarious, thank you, @mikerc ), but in some Asian cultures, you are almost always automatically sent to "Hell" or the underworld first, where you face judgement, and THEN they sort you if you're staying in Heaven or Hell. This might be the case here, or Mario's a bigger bastard than we thought.

Not to kill the joke (because trying to think of said-sin is hilarious, thank you, @mikerc ), but in some Asian cultures, you are almost always automatically sent to "Hell" or the underworld first, where you face judgement, and THEN they sort you if you're staying in Heaven or Hell. This might be the case here, or Mario's a bigger bastard than we thought.
Maybe Bowser and Peach are happy together, and he's the jealous ex who keeps kidnapping her and committing a murder spree along the way...