Random Video Game Crap

not sure where I should post this, so in this "random". Has anyone tried using a VPN to play CS:GO in different regions? I'm from EU and I'm constantly getting paired with Russian players, don't get me wrong, they are okay but I can't understand anything they are saying and if I ask them to speak English (politely I might add) often they just kick me out. I've tried asking on here but the mods there I guess deleted it
Post automatically merged:

--Patrick
This got me crying, there is an Instagram filter too where they put your face on top of the dancing dudes is hilarious

I suddenly remembered when I used to play the Ninja Turtles games in the arcade. At the time, one of them was the big, marquee game everyone played at the arcade at one time. 4 kids playing it at once, dozens watching or waiting their turn.

So, I was there, playing Leonardo as usual. I'm about 10 years old at this time. A little boy, maybe 4, squished himself between me and a player beside me, trying to watch the game. He wasn't really bothering us, so I let it go.

Then, he ducked under my arm and watched from between my arms. Again, no biggie, I could work around him.

But then he suddenly swatted my arms away and took over my spot. I grabbed him and said, "No, that's my quarter!" and shoved him away.

He went crying to his mother, who came over to scold me (I was done at this point). I told what happened. She looked at her son and asked, "Is that true?" He said "yeah!" while still crying. She apologized to me and dragged him away.

I'm tempted to get No Man's Sky. It's on sale right now on Humble Bundle. @Dave, you played it a fair bit. Is it worth it?
I'm much younger and handsomer than Dave, and I can say that if it's cheap, it's a good chillout game if you are looking for something you can take at your own pace and find your own fun in, and if elite dangerous is too far into sim category for your taste.

I'm much younger and handsomer than Dave, and I can say that if it's cheap, it's a good chillout game if you are looking for something you can take at your own pace and find your own fun in, and if elite dangerous is too far into sim category for your taste.
So I've been reading up on it a bit. Watched a few videos. The usual "informed decision" kind of thing.

On the one hand, I'm not sure if I'd be up for another giant, open world (or open galaxy) crafting game like Subnautica. It seems like a game that relies some on having a Wiki page open at all times for resource locations and such. Though I've enjoyed games like it in the past like Subnautica, Don't Starve, and Stardew Valley.

On the other hand, this is a developer that should be commended. They didn't just release it and abandon it or let it languish without updates. They didn't cram in loot boxes. Every update wasn't paid DLC. They even made the VR update free compared to other companies. They've pushed on to improve a game critics and fans lambasted when it first released. And...honestly, even if I might not care for the game in the end, that's a developer that deserves support, I think. That's at least worth giving the game a try, right?

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I'm tempted to get No Man's Sky. It's on sale right now on Humble Bundle. @Dave, you played it a fair bit. Is it worth it?
It's great. It USED to suck but now it's good again. Just don't expect either (1) good, real multiplayer or (2) any sort of endgame.

Seriously, the end of the game still sucks. So think of it more like Minecraft in space and you'll be fine.

edit: If you want I can go into a more detailed description. And no, you DON'T need a wiki page to tell you anything. Just start on the easiest mode and listen to the robot voices in your head for direction.

Wedge is legit my MVP for FF7 Remake. They did a lot more with him and he's steadily become my favorite non-party member of the Franchise.

Honestly, I'd kill for some DLC/a side game where it's just Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie doing missions against Shinra. They've got the depth now to pull it off.

Wedge is legit my MVP for FF7 Remake. They did a lot more with him and he's steadily become my favorite non-party member of the Franchise.

Honestly, I'd kill for some DLC/a side game where it's just Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie doing missions against Shinra. They've got the depth now to pull it off.
Wedge is the best and he's voiced by badger from breaking bad!

Also, one of his best moments:

Wedge is the best and he's voiced by badger from breaking bad!

Also, one of his best moments:
I have yet to play the game so my thoughts are based entirely on this one scene, but... couldn't they have less randomized Cloud's battle comments in such an advanced game? "Any last words?!" to a group of dogs seems odd.

Fuck I hate the autoplaying videos with sound in this thread.

Anyways, I read the spoilers to Last of Us 2 and glad I did. Sounds like the game would have left me pissed off and miserable. Exactly what I don't want to feel.

Fuck I hate the autoplaying videos with sound in this thread.

Anyways, I read the spoilers to Last of Us 2 and glad I did. Sounds like the game would have left me pissed off and miserable. Exactly what I don't want to feel.
Auto-playing videos are the spawn of Satan. But I guess one of my blockers is working because nothing auto-plays in here for me.

Auto-playing videos are the spawn of Satan. But I guess one of my blockers is working because nothing auto-plays in here for me.
For me it's the Reddit embeds, but they only load if I scroll up.

I'm other news, this combination of Tifa and Aerith's theme from the remake is great, I love them together.