Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I thought I remembered something about A.Inc killing Binwin off.

But Idle Champions predates that, I think, so he got grandfathered in (it first launched in... I wanna say, 2016?)

To be clear, all this stuff I'm posting about it is not a recommendation to play it. It's just a timewaster for me to play while I watch youtube/TV because lately I simply CANNOT sit still to watch something unless I have something else going on to fidget with as well.

Yeah, I thought I remembered something about A.Inc killing Binwin off.
That was news to me I found out while poking around for more info about the split. It seems to have been in a different show called Dice, Camera, Action! in 2018. Seems like he guest appeared for a few episodes and ultimately died during it.

GasBandit

Staff member
So next year, apparently, there's going to be an (unlicensed) figure of Tifa doing the Jack-O pose.

1652331642474.png

In a society as IP-protective as Japan, I'm kinda surprised this is not immediately getting ALL THE LAWYERS on it.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm only about halfway through this documentary so far, but it's a delightful trip down memory lane. I haven't tried playing Super Mario World in years, but man, it got a lot of play when I was a young lad.

You can really tell how popular a console must've been by how many years between console release and last game.
And fans keep going even long after the last "official" release.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Not exactly a video game, but I didn't know where else to put this:

The Pokemon TCG is introducing ditto cards that appear to be another Pokemon until you peel off a sticker revealing ditto underneath.

I don't even collect the cards and this is giving me anxiety.

So over the last year or so, Hitman 3 has suffered a very minor bug where a storyline NPC named Lucas Grey would be missing from a cutscene at the Isle of Sgail location. This has no effect on gameplay whatsoever, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if most players didn't even notice his absence.

One player, however, decided to make this bug his personal crusade. A fellow by the name of "scat1620" has been submitting bug reports on this issue for the past year.

Today the bug was finally fixed on all platforms and Lucas Grey has been restored to every version of the game. And this was its entry in the patch notes:

Isle of Scat1620: Missing Grey
We’ve resolved an issue where Lucas Grey was missing from the Isle of Sgail opening cutscene.

I feel a need to go log a bug ticket now for "Grey suddenly in cutscene where he wasn't before, looks utterly stupid to have him sit in a boat for no reason"

So I sold my Switch and all my Switch crap because it had been sitting unused for months and decided to see about emulating any Switch games I hadn't played and had wanted to aaaaaaaaaaaaand.......there wasn't any.

Guess it was a good decision.

BTW emulating Switch is ridiculously easy.