Random Video Game Crap

That trailer is hilarious. Mark Hamil is a treasure.

But the game being rushed is exactly why I'll wait to play it. Like the first one, I'll wait for it to either go on Game Pass or PS Plus or on a deep discount. I'm in no rush.

That trailer is hilarious. Mark Hamil is a treasure.

But the game being rushed is exactly why I'll wait to play it. Like the first one, I'll wait for it to either go on Game Pass or PS Plus or on a deep discount. I'm in no rush.
The only reason the first one existed and was as good as it was is because EA was asleep at the wheel and didn't care about it. They had no faith in the game and so didn't mettle with it.

The game becoming popular was my biggest worry, I hope this game escaped the most of the EA treatment, but I guarantee that if there's a third one, it'll be a live service game.

GasBandit

Staff member
If the Subnautica devs didn't want the Cyclops to be on fire and gushing seawater, they shouldn't have made the in-game "abandon ship" music such a fucking jam.

I have a confession. Despite having racked up nearly 400 hours in Subnautica, I have never heard Abandon Ship played in-game. This is because I never use the Cyclops.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a confession. Despite having racked up nearly 400 hours in Subnautica, I have never heard Abandon Ship played in-game. This is because I never use the Cyclops.
What, you just webswing your way across the entire map in your Prawn like some kind of friendly neighborhood underwater spiderman?

Really though, the main point for me of the Cyclops is just to have a fabricator and grow bed that I can move around, so I don't have to keep commuting back and forth from my base to wherever I'm operating to eat and process materials.

What, you just webswing your way across the entire map in your Prawn like some kind of friendly neighborhood underwater spiderman?
Pretty much, yeah.

Really though, the main point for me of the Cyclops is just to have a fabricator and grow bed that I can move around, so I don't have to keep commuting back and forth from my base to wherever I'm operating to eat and process materials.
Understandable. My playstyle is based on making expeditions with specific purposes, for example I'll head out to gather specific resources, or go to a specific plot-relevant location, etc. This means I'll always head back to my main base before too long, so I've never needed to have a fabricator out in the field. And if I need food while I'm out on an expedition, that's what the thermoblade is for.

GasBandit

Staff member
Pretty much, yeah.

Understandable. My playstyle is based on making expeditions with specific purposes, for example I'll head out to gather specific resources, or go to a specific plot-relevant location, etc. This means I'll always head back to my main base before too long, so I've never needed to have a fabricator out in the field. And if I need food while I'm out on an expedition, that's what the thermoblade is for.
I keep forgetting the thermoblade cooks what you kill. It usually doesn't come up because I generally just cure Reginalds with the salt byproduct from my water desalinator.

To this day though I don't understand why anybody would need a nuclear reactor, though. Wherever you build where solar isn't enough, generally there's a good spot for thermal... and if not that, then a potato-powered biomatter reactor usually takes care of everything just fine.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was just thinking yesterday "Man, it's been like 6 months since there's been a Soviet Womble video, I hope he hasn't hung it up"

Today BOOM and THREE HOUR TWENTY MINUTE video on The Forest

Soviet's subreddit is going mad speculating whether the guy at the end is actually him doing a face reveal. It looks fairly real, but it also looks weirdly fake at times, and doing a painstakingly tracked and voiced-over fake face reveal does sound like the kind of thing Soviet would do.

GasBandit

Staff member
Soviet's subreddit is going mad speculating whether the guy at the end is actually him doing a face reveal. It looks fairly real, but it also looks weirdly fake at times, and doing a painstakingly tracked and voiced-over fake face reveal does sound like the kind of thing Soviet would do.
Of all the things I did not expect, SovietWomble looking like Bruce Campbell's British cousin was definitely up there.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was watching a video and saw this pretty cool topographical map of Subnautica's sea floor. Spoilered for size and the fact that it is, after all, kind of a spoiler.

Today I found out my favourite Final Fantasy boss ever, Rubicante (tied with the Atma weapon from FF3, bad translation and all), is in FF14 and his music is incredible.

I used to draw Rubicante all the time. I was enamoured with his design as a kid.

Why can't FF14 be as fun as it without being the mother of all time vampires. Every time I dare to install it I lose a full month of my life with nothing but selfies of catgirls and countless, countless hours playing through MSQs to show for it.

Last edited:
Today I found out my favourite Final Fantasy boss ever, Rubicante (tied with the Atma weapon from FF3, bad translation and all), is in FF14 and his music is incredible.

I used to draw Rubicante all the time. I was enamoured with his design as a kid.

Why can't FF14 be as fun as it without being the mother of all time vampires. Every time I dare to install it I lose a full month of my life with nothing but selfies of catgirls and countless, countless hours playing through MSQs to show for it.
Join usssss.

And if you want a theme that really slaps, check this one out:

If the internet up here weren't so shit I would be there right now.

I'm listening to the Azys Lla theme (my favourite piece of music from the game) right now and I wanna play.

Oh, so that's Freebird. Somehow I've gone through life never hearing the full song (that I know of) and I only ever heard snippets of the instrumental part.