Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAAARGH! My stupid job from last year still hasn't gotten me my T4 so I can get my taxes done. Those were due at the end of April) The reason being that I moved TWICE while I worked there and even though I filled out forms for this specific reason, they never changed my address in their system. So they mailed my T4 to an address I haven't lived at for 5 years. I went in to get it, and they said only the Administrator could get it for me and she's only in Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I called the next Tuesday when she was supposed to be in. Nope. So I called Thursday. Nope, she came in Wednesday. Call today. Nope, not there.

I need to get my taxes done.

A) I'm fairly certain I owe money and at this point my previous job is costing me more money due to the late taxes fee.

B) I need my taxes done in order to apply for OSAP for my next school year.

C) I need my taxes and OSAP done in order to apply for a Student Line of Credit at the bank, because after I pay the $1900 for my China ticket and the cost of my Chinese work Visa, I have about $100 to pay for my rent, groceries and art supplies here in Oakville and food and travel expenses in China for the summer. In other words, I am smurfed right now.

C

Chazwozel

Good news: It ain't testicular cancer. Apparently I have something called varicocele, or abnormal enlargement of bloodvessels in the scrotum. It's not a serious condition, about 10-20% of all males get that, and mostly it's harmless. I was still told to go talk to the doctor one more time, as a follow-up. Apparently just routine, since I apparently have just a mild case that doesn't require surgery.

Thank you to all the well-wishers. I promise to talk about something other than my nutsack more often from now on.
Symptoms of a varicocele may include:

:wtf::jaw::whistling:

Chaz is like that chick in the Yaz commercials who spews forth the forty seconds of medical warning information while her friends sit in amazement. He's a lot of fun at parties.

C

Chazwozel

Chaz is like that chick in the Yaz commercials who spews forth the forty seconds of medical warning information while her friends sit in amazement. He's a lot of fun at parties.

Only on the forums...

To be honest I really hate talking about medicine and science to the dullards I interact with on a daily basis. You guys should feel honored.

P

Papillon

AAAARGH! My stupid job from last year still hasn't gotten me my T4 so I can get my taxes done. Those were due at the end of April) The reason being that I moved TWICE while I worked there and even though I filled out forms for this specific reason, they never changed my address in their system. So they mailed my T4 to an address I haven't lived at for 5 years. I went in to get it, and they said only the Administrator could get it for me and she's only in Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I called the next Tuesday when she was supposed to be in. Nope. So I called Thursday. Nope, she came in Wednesday. Call today. Nope, not there.

I need to get my taxes done.

A) I'm fairly certain I owe money and at this point my previous job is costing me more money due to the late taxes fee.

B) I need my taxes done in order to apply for OSAP for my next school year.

C) I need my taxes and OSAP done in order to apply for a Student Line of Credit at the bank, because after I pay the $1900 for my China ticket and the cost of my Chinese work Visa, I have about $100 to pay for my rent, groceries and art supplies here in Oakville and food and travel expenses in China for the summer. In other words, I am smurfed right now.
I had a similar situation a few years ago where my (former) work was doing electronic T4s and I had forgotten my login for the system. Here's what my friend (who's an accountant) told me to do:

Call:
1-800-959-8281

You'll need your SIN number and MAYBE your last year's tax return/notice of assessment (that thingy they attach the refund cheque to.

Just hit the Star Key when they start asking you for what option you want, that'll wire you to an agent ASAP.

They will probably just give you box #'s and amounts, just look at another T4 slip, all the #'s are the same.

Course your program will probably have the numbers on the screen anyways so it's likely moot.

North_Ranger

Staff member

HEY!

I'll have you know I have sizeable family jewels that feel like holding pouches of very firm and comfortable plums!

As for the infertility, I'll come back to you on that when I've knocked somebody up.

C

Chazwozel

• Dragging-like or aching pain within scrotum.
  • Feeling of heaviness in the testicle(s)
  • Atrophy (shrinking) of the testicle(s)
  • Visible or palpable (able to be felt) enlarged vein, likened to feeling a bag of worms.
  • Infertility. Recently several scientific researches have shown that in over 90% of the cases in male infertility the main cause is bilateral varicocele.
HEY!

I'll have you know I have sizeable family jewels that feel like holding pouches of very firm and comfortable plums!

As for the infertility, I'll come back to you on that when I've knocked somebody up.[/QUOTE]

A size chart for Chaz's nuts.

Cajungal

Staff member

• Visible or palpable (able to be felt) enlarged vein, likened to feeling a bag of worms.
  • Infertility. Recently several scientific researches have shown that in over 90% of the cases in male infertility the main cause is bilateral varicocele.
HEY!

As for the infertility, I'll come back to you on that when I've knocked somebody up.[/QUOTE]

*clipped strange picture*[/QUOTE]

Must be hard to find pants that fit.

C

Chazwozel

HEY!

*clipped strange picture*[/QUOTE]

Must be hard to find pants that fit.[/QUOTE]

It's not that hard to get around

North_Ranger

Staff member
Gahh... Chaz, seriously? I get a cancer scare which luckily proved out to be just a minor condition, and your response is making jokes about shrinking balls and testicular cancer?

Dude, not funny.

C

Chazwozel

Gahh... Chaz, seriously? I get a cancer scare which luckily proved out to be just a minor condition, and your response is making jokes about shrinking balls and testicular cancer?

Dude, not funny.

My wife has gone through two operations and radiation therapy and jokes about it. Suck it up, pussy.

Cajungal

Staff member
I have no problem with the argument that we should find laughter in life's sad or stressful moments. I just figured that, even for a really blunt, tells-it-like-it is guy, calling someone who just went through a hard time a pussy might not be the best idea. It's hard to read people's tones on the internet is all. Maybe you were just being playful; I'm not calling it either way, man. Just a thought. :)

Wow, the point just flew right past you, didn't it?
You need to go back and read the 2 pages of hugs you got at the first post of your health scare.
Then read 2 posts ahead of your first health scare post, about my similar condition. The only reaction I received was crickets chirping.[/QUOTE]

*slinks away in shame*

Sorry... I'm a douche sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Just don't look over all the positive attention you received over a couple of jokes. And they were not really at your expense.

C

Chazwozel

Wow, the point just flew right past you, didn't it?
You need to go back and read the 2 pages of hugs you got at the first post of your health scare.
Then read 2 posts ahead of your first health scare post, about my similar condition. The only reaction I received was crickets chirping.[/QUOTE]

*slinks away in shame*

Sorry... I'm a douche sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Just don't look over all the positive attention you received over a couple of jokes. And they were not really at your expense.[/QUOTE]

Bingo

M

makare

I've been of doodily dooing, glad everything turned out ok NR. That shit is always stressful.

I'm halfway through reading some technical papers in which students do a literature review and propose an experiment, complete with citations and reference section in APA style. I have a roughly 17% plagiarism rate so far. Each instance of plagiarism means contacting the student to try and confront them about their work, provide a sanction, and report the instance with proof to the university. Please...for the love of all Pete...stop giving me extra work that is directed at ruining your GPA and possibly your future in and beyond college!

Yes, one of my roommates once got busted using one of the term paper websites that were (are?) out there. I had told him not to do it with the reasoning being that if he can access them, then why couldn't the professor as well? He went ahead anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.