Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would follow any god, or representative of said God, who could factually empirically prove that they are the creator and rule keeper of the universe. So far, I worship physics.

On topic: It really was about Google's creepy ads. I should have known better, though.
What makes you think that a creator would give a shit enough about you to tell you? I find it similar to a sculptor wanting to share the meaning of his art with his art. If God's got beer buddies, that's who he's going to talk to about this mudball we live in.[/QUOTE]

I almost see it this way:

Imagine Pinocchio comes to in Geppetto's workshop. He looks down at himself and sees that he's a puppet. He looks around and sees Geppetto's puppet making tools. He looks across the room and sees Geppetto working on another puppet.

Then, for the next half hour Pinocchio sits on the bench and launches into a tirade about how Geppetto couldn't have possibly made him, and that there is no puppet-maker at all. Geppetto hears all of this, gives Pinocchio an incredulous look, and gestures to all of the puppet-making tools. Pinocchio still refuses to believe it, at which point Geppetto just rolls his eyes at the clearly reatarded puppet and continues work on the next toy.

I mean, assuming that God made the universe, why should he feel the need to prove he exists? He made the fucking universe. What more do you want?[/QUOTE]

Actually it would be worse as 100 years would be a very sort time for someone who's eternal, it'd be like one of us proving their existence to someone every 5 minutes...

C

Chazwozel

I would follow any god, or representative of said God, who could factually empirically prove that they are the creator and rule keeper of the universe. So far, I worship physics.

On topic: It really was about Google's creepy ads. I should have known better, though.
What makes you think that a creator would give a shit enough about you to tell you? I find it similar to a sculptor wanting to share the meaning of his art with his art. If God's got beer buddies, that's who he's going to talk to about this mudball we live in.[/QUOTE]

I almost see it this way:

Imagine Pinocchio comes to in Geppetto's workshop. He looks down at himself and sees that he's a puppet. He looks around and sees Geppetto's puppet making tools. He looks across the room and sees Geppetto working on another puppet.

Then, for the next half hour Pinocchio sits on the bench and launches into a tirade about how Geppetto couldn't have possibly made him, and that there is no puppet-maker at all. Geppetto hears all of this, gives Pinocchio an incredulous look, and gestures to all of the puppet-making tools. Pinocchio still refuses to believe it, at which point Geppetto just rolls his eyes at the clearly reatarded puppet and continues work on the next toy.

I mean, assuming that God made the universe, why should he feel the need to prove he exists? He made the fucking universe. What more do you want?[/QUOTE]

Actually it would be worse as 100 years would be a very sort time for someone who's eternal, it'd be like one of us proving their existence to someone every 5 minutes...[/QUOTE]

Good point. Seriously, you might as well try to communicate with an ant colony.

As far as worshiping physics goes, that's pretty stupid too because physics itself (as all science) is a man-made way to understand our universe. If you should marvel and worship anything it should be the universe itself and the fact that we're all connected to each other, to the Earth, to the Sun, to the solar system, to other solar systems, to galaxies through the big bang.

The only woman I've ever truely loved has found someone who makes her incredibly happy, and I AM happy for her, I truely am. And I feel like complete shit. :cry:

W

Wasabi Poptart

The only woman I've ever truely loved has found someone who makes her incredibly happy, and I AM happy for her, I truely am. And I feel like complete shit. :cry:
Sorry Cheesy. I have been there. It sucks. :hug:

I'm sorry man. Whatever you do, don't get drunk. You'll still wake up with the same painful memories and have a hangover to boot.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Too soon to make "duel to the death over her" jokes?

Cheesy, you're a bigger man than most. That much as I can tell from your post. Don't hide it, and the fates will smile upon you.

Cheesy, you're a bigger man than most. That much as I can tell from your post. Don't hide it, and the fates will smile upon you.
Perhaps, but don't feel like you can't tell her if you feel uncomfortable around her new beau. If you don't, she's going to assume everything is perfectly fine and may ask you be around them while they together... which is probably just going to make things worse (at least for awhile anyway).

Perhaps, but don't feel like you can't tell her if you feel uncomfortable around her new beau. If you don't, she's going to assume everything is perfectly fine and may ask you be around them while they together... which is probably just going to make things worse (at least for awhile anyway).[/QUOTE]

This is the girl I traveled across the entire damn country (from California to Virginia) to see last summer, so she's not close. And after the events of that trip, I knew we were never going to work out. Too many things had changed since we saw each other last, and one of the things that SHOULD have changed to make it work didn't. However, it doesn't mean that I still don't care for her with every fiber of my being.

I sometimes feel like I'm one of those people who is just destined to be alone. I'm too damn nice, not assertive enough, and have no self-esteem to speak of. Always a friend, but never a companion. /Emo

Cajungal

Staff member
Just remember that it's never too late to reexamine yourself and make changes. :) And I believe you can if it's what you want. In the meantime, try and have some fun and clear your mind. I don't know what you believe, but I believe that good things will come to you if you pursue your passions and do things to make yourself and others happy each day. Anyway, blah blah blah, hope you're feeling better. :hug:

E

Element 117

I'm too damn nice, not assertive enough
Fake it

Confidence is an interesting thing. It's hard to fake having money if you don't have it. It's hard to fake having a great body. It's EASY to fake having confidence! Why? Because confidence is really just two things:

1)Posture - both physical and mental; and,

2) Presence - your affect on people in the room.

Both of these can be faked very, very easily. This is because people have a hard time telling the difference between what is real and what is an act.

Let's take an example from the world of acting. Actors talk about "breathing life into a character", but for most of them, this is a bunch of hooey. Most actors learn that all you really have to do is just "walk the walk" and "talk the talk" of the person bang portrayed. It is the rare individual that can spot the difference between going through the motions and actually becoming the character.

Confidence is like this too. If you simply adopt the body language, and have a bright, engaging personality - even if only for a little while, you are perceived as having confidence! Of course, the more you do this, the better at it you become, and the more confidence you gain, becoming even better at it, getting more confidence to get even better yet.... etc.

This is a common rule of humankind. The problem is that most of us use it to our detriment rather than our benefit! We are scared, so we tend to "act" differently than we really are; we avert our eyes when we walk into a room, we act nervously when we meet someone new. Guess what - this is actually practicing to fake a lack of confidence! Then, by faking this, we get better at it. Then, we lose confidence in other situations, thereby practicing that body language, and losing even more confidence, etc.

So, how to you actually show confidence - even when you don't have it. Again, take a clue from acting: first, you imagine a situation where you've felt completely confident - any situation will do. You can then boost this by imagine a hero of yours doing the same thing. For example, how would James Bond act in the same situation?

Second, simply adopt that posture and presence! Become that character - if only for an hour or so in the situation where you lack confidence. This isn't hard to do if you have a reasonably good imagination! Further, by practicing this, you're going to get better and better at it - and earn more confidence at the same time.

The trick with confidence is to "fake it, until you make it."

That is quite true and I'm living proof of it.
I struggle a LOT with self confidence, I basically have none, so I decided to start acting like I did and, oh, it works.

M

makare

Don't you have to have confidence in your ability to come off as having confidence? How is that different than real confidence? I don't really understand how someone can fake confidence.

confidence confidence confidence.

P

Philosopher B.

I have decided to mentally picture Ash from Evil Dead whenever I am talking with the ladies.

'Gimme some sugar, baby'.

Hug da Cajun! :behindsofa:

No, c'mon, hug da Cajun!:lalala:

Stop that! Hug da Cajun! :boink:

Go on, hug da Cajun! :grouphug:

There, was that so bad? :deadhorse: Oh, shut up.

I am fucking losing it.

I just need a change. I've been trying to make things work here for almost two years now, and I've gotten nowhere. True, I could have tried harder to find a grown-up job. I could have found a third part time job to net some more cash. I could have even spent more time writing and less time watching movies and hanging out with friends. But none of that really means a whole lot now that I feel myself on the edge.

I can't even finish this goddamn pile of shit of a fucking rant. I'd rather be dead than living halfway like I feel like I am right now. I don't know what I was thinking to pitch the 'quit my job and run away' plan to Mom & Dad. How in the name of Jesus could I have been surprised or offended when they told me I was crazy and that I needed to grow up and be a man?

Fuck this all. Just fuck it. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Just fuck it.

And you know what, Dad? It isn't about the fucking girl. Yeah, I like her. She's fun. We could go far together, but this drop everything and run away bit isn't some fucking schoolboy ploy to spend time with the girl. She's coming back, you know? I'm not so sure I want to. Who the fuck am I here? I wouldn't be anyone out there either, but as long as I'm running I don't need to be. As long as I'm at a greyhound station I don't have to give a shit who I am or who anyone else thinks I am. I just have to think about the bus and where the next station is, and what I'm going to do there and where to go next.

Hm. I know this pain Rob. Somehow, parents always seem to make a person even more restless and resentful.

I'm not good with comforting or offering advice like this...if you need to talk, drop me a line. I'll give you my MSN.

I think the thing that angers me the most is that they are completely in the right. I called them out of the blue expressing my intention to quit my job, hop in a car with a girl and drive halfway across the country and possibly not come back, all with no money and no plan.

It's exactly the kind of shit that I want to do. But its exactly the kind of shit that they don't understand. And I'm beginning to think that they're more in teh right than I am. I mean, who the fuck am I who thinks he xan just get away with turning into some fucking bohemian poet-man? I'm worthless on teh best of days.

While I am in no position to say if you are your parents are right (nor would I want to) . I will say that you need to find someone who you can chat with and express the way you feel (other than your parents). And while you may not be able to just run off why not take a few days to head out of town and get a change of scenery?

Status
Not open for further replies.