Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that things are becoming overwhelming, I'm just saying that "drink myself to death" might be a more viable option that previously anticipated.

So I just got let go today. Just in time for Memorial Day Weekend. High five!

The kicker? Normally I don't work Saturdays, but I got asked to switch days. I'm not even supposed to be here today!

So, my worst fear for this relationship was that if/when it finally ended, she would have invested so little in it that she could walk away without so much as a backward glance.

My worst fear: realized. And the fact that she was so not invested makes it that much more crushing for me.

I feel about a hundred thousand conflicting things right now, so I'm going to get away from the computer. Suffice to say, though, that one would be wise to expect an extended rant from me in the next day or two.

I told him I missed him.
I probably shouldn't, now he thinks I want us to get back together... and I do but at the same time I don't. Not when he's still in Germany and not when there's still that damn issue hanging in the air making me miserable everytime I remember it =(

Cajungal

Staff member
So, my worst fear for this relationship was that if/when it finally ended, she would have invested so little in it that she could walk away without so much as a backward glance.

My worst fear: realized. And the fact that she was so not invested makes it that much more crushing for me.

I feel about a hundred thousand conflicting things right now, so I'm going to get away from the computer. Suffice to say, though, that one would be wise to expect an extended rant from me in the next day or two.
Sorry, Rob. :( :hug:

Just got out of the hospital. I collapsed last night after complaining of severe chest pains when I was done working out.

I didn't have a heart attack but it looks like I won't be able to do the Insanity thingy.

Also, I get to wear this cumbersom heart monitor for the next two days...AND steve couldn't find anyone to cover him so he's at work AND the baby is fussy because he is cutting a tooth AND I am dog tired AND I was told I'm too fat but I need to find another way to lose weight.

CLUSTERFUCK!

Supposed to be out here making my own way but thanks to a shitty economy my hours have been cut to the point I just had to borrow 200 bucks from my parents (who are also flying me home in July for a much-needed vacation). Goddamnit I am so tired of not being able to do this on my own, but I swear to God I'd be dead by now if it wasn't for them.

Oh, and my milk went bad today, too. Sandwiches and water for me tonight when I'm not running to the bathroom.

C

Chazwozel

Just got out of the hospital. I collapsed last night after complaining of severe chest pains when I was done working out.

I didn't have a heart attack but it looks like I won't be able to do the Insanity thingy.

Also, I get to wear this cumbersom heart monitor for the next two days...AND steve couldn't find anyone to cover him so he's at work AND the baby is fussy because he is cutting a tooth AND I am dog tired AND I was told I'm too fat but I need to find another way to lose weight.

CLUSTERFUCK!

Sin I don't think Insanity is intended as a gentile weight loss program. It's for fairly fit people that want to tone up to get six-packs and stuff (I've keeled over tired a couple times after doing it and my heart is pounding after a session). You've got to be careful if you don't exercise very often. You can't just jump into it gung-ho. Talk to your doctor, but you should take Jet for brisk walks. Brisk walking is the best way to get you sweating without straining your heart.

Dave

Staff member

CLUSTERFUCK!
Holy shit, girl! Take care of yourself! Start a little slower than insanity. Walking, eating right.

But for God's sake be careful!

C

Chazwozel

CLUSTERFUCK!
Holy shit, girl! Take care of yourself! Start a little slower than insanity. Walking, eating right.

But for God's sake be careful![/QUOTE]

I don't recommend Insanity for some skinny people. You really need to know your physical limitations and how to workout if you do something like Insanity.

The best thing is like Dave and I are saying: walk, walk, walk, and walk some more. If your straining too much while brisk walking, slow it down, get your heartrate lowered and walk that pace till it's down and you're ready for increasing the pace.

Sin: go to http://www.livestrong.com/

They have tons of great tips on how to eat, monitor your calories, and even walking routes you can plan out in your neighborhood (with estimated calories burned etc...).

Give it a try for like three to six months. If it gets too easy to walk, add some wrist and ankle weights to the mix. Try doing simple stuff like toe stretches, basic lunges around the house, and chair squats.

(Fuck I should really quit my day job and become a coach/ physical trainer).

Cajungal

Staff member
I use livestrong! It's very helpful. Yeah, sin, I was a bit worried when you mentioned you were doing the Insanity workout. It seems pretty rough.

C

Chazwozel

Chaz, I want to look like King Leonidas in 300.. will you help me?
Yeah, run 30 miles a day.

To help you, I've constructed a fishing pole type device with a picture of Paul McCartney on the end with autographing pen ready.

And do about 10,000 ab crunches a day.

To help you I have a picture of Paul with clothes on to draw you near that rotates into a picture of Ringo naked to draw you away.

Dave

Staff member
Chaz, I want to look like King Leonidas in 300.. will you help me?
Yeah, run 30 miles a day.

To help you, I've constructed a fishing pole type device with a picture of Paul McCartney on the end with autographing pen ready.

And do about 10,000 ab crunches a day.

To help you I have a picture of Paul with clothes on to draw you near that rotates into a picture of Ringo naked to draw you away.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a natural.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I don't have a way to gate off the bottom of our stairs because it has an odd configuration. We can't put hardware on the wall or through the railing because we'd have to fix/replace it before we leave in a few months. We have put up a portable gate and the baby has figured out how to move it out of her way. A few days ago, I went out grocery shopping. My husband wasn't paying attention and she was 8 steps up before he realized it. Fuck!

I don't have a way to gate off the bottom of our stairs because it has an odd configuration. We can't put hardware on the wall or through the railing because we'd have to fix/replace it before we leave in a few months. We have put up a portable gate and the baby has figured out how to move it out of her way. A few days ago, I went out grocery shopping. My husband wasn't paying attention and she was 8 steps up before he realized it. Fuck!
Here's an idea if you have a heat gun or torch. Buy a sheet of acrylic, and use the heat gun to bend the edge of the plastic around the railing to make a crude door.
If the plastic itself isn't long enough, buy some plywood and screw it to the plastic. Also maybe wrap a towel around the railing/edges if you're worried about scratches.
When you're ready to leave, use the heat gun again to unbend it, or if you have a dremel or something, just cut it.
You can swing it out one way when you need unimpeded access, but should stop the other way and keep babby from going up the stairs.
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about if what I said doesn't make sense (my apologies for the crudeness):

Ah, silly me: to anchor it down, insert screw at the opposite end from the hinge. Tie a piece of string from another railing, and wrap around the screw. Should be relatively stable, but quick to let loose if necessary.

Crap. The television in our media/living room has lost it's picture. I can get sound, but the picture goes off after about 10 seconds of being on. The monitor is only about 2 years old and we're leaving on vacation in 2 weeks, so I guess I'll have to get it into a repair shop before we leave and see what can be done. Quick internet searches seem to indicate the inverter board, but I have no real idea personally.

I saw her at the movies last night. A bunch of friends and I were out, and she was in line for another film. I don't think she saw me, but when I saw her my stomach twisted and I felt like throwing up. I had to go home then and there. Didn't even see my movie, but it's okay. Tuesday is cheap night at the cinema.

I keep looking at my cellphone. I've now spent almost two whole days waiting for a phone call which I know won't come. I want her to change her mind, but she won't.

W

Wasabi Poptart

I don't have a way to gate off the bottom of our stairs because it has an odd configuration. !
Here's an idea...[/QUOTE]

Drifter - your post got me thinking about how to fix this with what we have in the house. We don't have a heat gun or torch, so while I like your idea I couldn't implement it. However, tying one side of the gate we have to the railing using a stretchy Ace bandage seems to have done the trick for now. Babby is currently pissed at Mama. lmao

E

Element 117

I totally can see Chaz as a personal trainer. Marine boot camp and all.

Sharkfit.

C

Chazwozel

I totally can see Chaz as a personal trainer. Marine boot camp and all.

Sharkfit.

I gotta look into marketing my own brand of workout videos. And release them ala New Jersey Nick style commercials.

Cajungal

Staff member
Well, people need their trainers to tell them to stop being wussies, and that's right up your alley. I'd buy your DVD. :p

C

Chazwozel

Well, people need their trainers to tell them to stop being wussies, and that's right up your alley. I'd buy your DVD. :p
Some people need to stop being big pussies, yes. But, in Sin's case, where she has real heart problems, she needs to exercise lightly and often instead of intense and sparingly.

Nothing'll boil my blood faster than a big fatso - who obviously just eats too much and does nothing - whining about how he's not skinny.

Cajungal

Staff member
^Oh, yeah, I wasn't suggesting that about Sin at all. If anything, she's extremely driven starting out with something as hard as that, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.