Reaction Video Showcase

I recently came across a video on Youtube supposedly from Vkunia's former video editor, who she accused of stuff like blackmailing her and trying to take over her channel. The editor made this 75-minute video to try to clear his name and shed some light on what went on behind the scenes.

I watched the video, but honestly it's pretty boring so I wouldn't recommend it unless you're REALLY invested in this particular reactor's life. But, basically, the TLDR is that everyone's toxic and dramatic (including this editor himself) and I am so freaking glad I never got caught up in shit like this when I was younger.

kaiielle
https://www.youtube.com/@kaiielle

I think Gas might like this one because she clearly does pay attention to what she's watching, and her reactions aren't as fake or exaggerated as some others. Take the Vulture reveal scene in Spider-Man: Homecoming, for instance. Where most reactors would give a dramatic "OHMIGOD!!" or something like that when he opens the door, Kaielle instead just produces a look of concern then concentrates intently on the scene.

Last edited:
Badd Medicine

A group of 4 guys who react to movies and TV - sometimes one (or more) of them have seen whatever they are watching, but not all of them have. The one(s) who have seen it, don't spoil it for others.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hate how every youtube thumbnail, especially for reaction videos, has to have the reactor making an overexaggerated "somebody just came out of nowhere and yanked out my genitals with a meathook" facial expression because apparently they've never been more shocked by anything in their life as the revelation of a plot point in an anime episode that came out 15 years ago.

I hate how every youtube thumbnail, especially for reaction videos, has to have the reactor making an overexaggerated "somebody just came out of nowhere and yanked out my genitals with a meathook" facial expression because apparently they've never been more shocked by anything in their life as the revelation of a plot point in an anime episode that came out 15 years ago.
That's because the analytics make it clear, that thumbnail gets the most clicks.

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 43859

Reactistan

You've probably seen me post some videos from this channel in the awesome or funny videos threads. These are tribal people from East Asia encountering new foods usually (but not always) from the West. Mustafa is my favorite. He started off being a standoffish and dismissive curmudgeon, but over time (and especially since his hajj - the pilgrimage to Mecca that every Muslim is expected to make at least once in their life) he has become much more relaxed and open.

I'm always a sucker for seeing what other cultures think of American foods and culture, and this one is probably the most authentic example.

Mustafa is such an original G

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 43870Aliciaxlife

Alicia is a professional gamer turned vtuber in her early 20s. She chooses to use a virtual avatar instead of her actual face for a number of reasons, but probably most because she is currently in a fight against her uterine cancer which makes it hard to leave her bed. She is VERY gen Z by nature, and a lot of her perspective comes from separating out from her conservative muslim family when she came out as bisexual. Her 3D model is excellent and very expressive with detailed tracking, so it really helps convey her emotions in her videos. Of course, being on aggressive chemo drugs and hormone treatments often make her emotions run wild on her.

Alicia mostly reacts to anime now, but before her diagnosis there was a lot more gaming content in her channel. Despite her infirmity, she manages to post content substantive content almost every day.

Alicia beat Cancer.

Emme reacts

I believe her day job is a kindergarten teacher or something along those lines, so she tends to speak quite slowly and deliberately in her reaction videos, which is an interesting contrast to how most reactors are quite animated and hyper.

I didn't see them mentioned, but one channel that's been a favorite of mine is You, Me, & The Movies, a husband and wife couple (Mr. and Mrs. Movies) who do movie and TV reactions. They're reactions are often interrupted by their kids, and it's become something of a running gag, with a "technical difficulties" card being put up.

https://www.youtube.com/@YouMeTheMovies/videos

They also have channels dedicated to TV and games, and Mrs. Movies had her own channel with content like baking a cake and putting together a new desk, but she hasn't uploaded to that channel in over a year. They also had a channel for paranormal talk and stuff like that with a couple of other people, but that channel seems to have been semi-retired.

If there's one negative thing I'd say, it's that Mrs. Movies has admitted to getting burned out on binging stuff and to hating most of the things they watch and, in my opinion, it's increasingly showing. Watching their recent Child's Play 3 reaction, it was clear Mrs. Movies was checked out and just waiting for it to be over. I'd suggest watching their older stuff first, when the burnout hadn't set in yet.

Another channel I'd like to dedicate a fond R.I.P to is Matcha & Movies. It was a small channel that wasn't around for long. It was a young lady named Shelby and her reactions, while not very deep, were often very funny. She took a long break without an explanation, then came back and announced she was burnt out on movie reactions and would change the channel to a personal vlog-type channel. The channel name was changed to her name, "Shelby (last name I can't recall)", but after a few videos of this type of content, the channel and its content disappeared.

The Homies
YouTube channel
This group is from Russia but all their videos are in English (love their accents, though). And I think every single female reactor on this channel has an OnlyFans account lol. Actually, I think half the female reactors on YouTube probably do. At any rate, I love their enthusiasm and genuine emotional responses...there are about 6-8 different women reactors on this channel and they make videos in different pairs or groups from one video to the next. Ellie has the most expressive face and Michelle is probably the most stoic in her facial expressions during reactions. They cover movies and TV shows. Every once in awhile, a pudgy white dude joins them lol...but he's cool, too.
It feels to me like their channel really exists only to drive traffic to their "special content" (i.e. OnlyFans), but I do enjoy some of their reactions. It's weird, because there are a couple of other channels that seem to be semi-affiliated, Magic Magy and Trixy Blue, both of whom also make sure you know to check for their OF links down below and which I'm not entirely convinced aren't shot in the same location that the Homies shoot in. To make it more complicated, Magic Magy is often joined by yet another OF girl in her reactions.

View attachment 43869Duaffy

Duaffy is a young woman from Spain. What kept me watching her videos was she usually had unique perspectives on the movies that I hadn't considered before. I don't think it's a cultural thing, she's just kind of wired differently a little. Unfortunately, a few months ago she had to stop producing youtube content to focus on her health, but she still does frequently stream gaming on twitch.

She recently made a brief comeback to reacting but quit again after two new reactions. I watched part of a Twitch stream where she explained that, in addition to it being tough to film and edit reactions around her 9-to-5 job and the health issues of herself and her parents, subscribers and patrons had also become a problem, trying to bully her into watching only what they wanted her to watch. So, she said she as refunding patrons and was just going to be gaming on Twitch from now on.

GasBandit

Staff member
She recently made a brief comeback to reacting but quit again after two new reactions. I watched part of a Twitch stream where she explained that, in addition to it being tough to film and edit reactions around her 9-to-5 job and the health issues of herself and her parents, subscribers and patrons had also become a problem, trying to bully her into watching only what they wanted her to watch. So, she said she as refunding patrons and was just going to be gaming on Twitch from now on.
I was wondering why her comeback was so short lived! Thanks for the info. And welcome to the forum.

Target Audience -- Two guys reacting to a number of shows. They caught my attention because they are working their way through Star Trek, starting at the beginning. They just started TNG.

I am so insular on Youtube where I stick to my 8 hour video essays on a random NPC in Planescape Torment that I literally didn't know what react content was.

Now I'm getting recommendations for some pasty dwarf named Pengiun0 and know what SSSniperwolf is and I hate it.

I am so insular on Youtube where I stick to my 8 hour video essays on a random NPC in Planescape Torment that I literally didn't know what react content was.

Now I'm getting recommendations for some pasty dwarf named Pengiun0 and know what SSSniperwolf is and I hate it.
I know this pain and I'm sorry

It’s ok, @Frank. “Mainstream” YouTube can’t hurt you unless you let it. At least you’re not getting the ones for UFO cover-ups or how to survive off-grid where “they” can’t find you yet.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, for a while there Penguin0 (aka Critikal spelled in l33tsp33k I'm too lazy to reproduce) kept showing up in my recommendations, too... but man the dude is repellant.

Kinda surprised SSSniperwolf didn't though. Youtube's still trying to serve me ShoeOnHead content even though I haven't clicked any of it in more years than I can remember.

I constantly keep my history cleared on every machine I use no matter where I go, but darned if SSSniperwolf doesn't show up somewhere on the front page no matter what.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I constantly keep my history cleared on every machine I use no matter where I go, but darned if SSSniperwolf doesn't show up somewhere on the front page no matter what.

--Patrick
If they know nothing about you, they make assumptions. Tiddy gamer with edgy hot takes is probably a hit more than it is a miss, by the number game.

Movie Munchies
https://www.youtube.com/@MovieMunchies-jx8we

Cute Asian girls reacting to movies? I never had any chance at all.

Anyway, the main girl on this channel is named Chi, and lately she's been joined by her friend Hella. They're from Vietnam. Consequently, there's a significant language and cultural barrier, both in terms of them expressing themselves, and in terms of them picking up certain details in the movies or shows. At first this annoyed me, because they would miss something important and then comment later on about how they were confused, but ultimately I decided it wasn't a big deal. I could still enjoy their reactions based on the things that they did pick up and react to. They're generally quite engaged in what they're watching, and they're quite animated and thoughtful in their reactions.

They also seem to play up the "innocent and cute Asian girls" angle a bit though, so some of their reactions may seem disingenuous at times, but I'm ok with it. For example, the second half of their Hacksaw Ridge reaction is basically a long series of groans and screams.

I was watching reaction one of my favorite Christmas movies, the original Miracle on 34th Street, when I ran across a reactor that had an extra resonance with the movie:

It was interesting to see people react to Terminator 2 who hadn't already been spoiled to the T1/T2 Arnold character switch

Aside from young children I think I would be hard pressed to find people who aren't already spoiled to that even if they haven't seen the movie.
I still point to the trailer for the second Terminator movie as a perfect way to ruin the cinematic impact of a film before you have even had the chance to see it. What an absolute waste.

it's right up (down?) there with that intro voiceover in Dark City.

--Patrick