Reaction Video Showcase

Hannah Bayles
She's a professional vocal coach and she generally reacts to stuff related to music and singing, eg Glee, Disney movies, musical episodes of shows, etc. Aside from being quite an animated and enthusiastic reactor, she also makes comments based on her knowledge of singing and how to use your voice, so it's nice to learn from her. Plus it's clear she genuinely loves music and singing.

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 43856Popcorn In Bed

Cassie is probably, by far, the most sheltered of the bunch here. Growing up she never watched anything that wasn't a feel good Disney whatever or the occasional chick flick. That meant no Lord of the Rings, no Star Wars (obviously), no nothing, pretty much. And until her Youtube Channel, I'm pretty sure the harshest language she ever used was a very forcefully delivered "GOSH!"

Now the internet is corrupting Cassie (and occasionally her sister Carly, too), and they've moved up to "Frickin!"

Both movies and TV serieses are covered. Chernobyl was a particularly "break the cutie" experience.

Cassie's april fools joke is reacting to "Paint Drying."

I just joined this site specifically for this thread lol. I am a fan of most of the reactors posted already, so I loved seeing this. PopcornInBed and Rob Squad Reactions stick out, and I also have no clue where the "Rob" part of that name comes from lol.

A few to add:

James vs. Cinema
YouTube channel
He is (or was) a film student and always adds some interesting takes on what he watches beyond just the instant reaction of the moment. He also reacts to some excellent movies and not just the standard blockbusters like Avengers and LOTR. He's done some videos reacting to Primer, City Of God, Boogie Nights, and Blue Velvet among others. And his reactions to powerful or really funny moments in the movies he watches are always fantastic. He's also currently reacting to Breaking Bad.

LM Reactions
YouTube channel
I can't remember where they are from (outside the U.S.) but they are both enthusiastic and react solely to TV shows I believe. And both are very easy on the eyes lol...they are also emotional so if there are touching scenes or heartbreaking scenes they definitely let it show in their videos. They also offer some surprisingly good takes on episodes of shows that I hadn't thought of before, or that I had not heard other reactors mention. Sometimes they lapse into their native tongue (which I forget what that is) but put in subtitles for those brief moments.

Movie Night at Jacqui's
YouTube channel
She's relatively new, and is (I believe) an aspiring actress, so she's more than comfortable in front of the camera...and like James above, she gives some additional insights on what she's watching beyond just her reaction. She reacts to both movies and TV shows, like The Last Of Us and Pulp Fiction, among others. She tends to predict what's going to happen but not in a way that's annoying or anything. And it's enjoyable to see when she guesses wrong lol.

Katie o'shaughnessy

YouTube channel
Just recently started watching her reaction videos. She has HUGE Bambi eyes, a ton of tattoos, and a very thick Irish accent. She also comes across as smart and tough, and just watching her react is enjoyable. I think she only does TV shows, and she only does like 2 or 3 shows at a time instead of 15 shows like other reactors. So you don't have to wait long for the next reaction video for a show.

The Homies
YouTube channel
This group is from Russia but all their videos are in English (love their accents, though). And I think every single female reactor on this channel has an OnlyFans account lol. Actually, I think half the female reactors on YouTube probably do. At any rate, I love their enthusiasm and genuine emotional responses...there are about 6-8 different women reactors on this channel and they make videos in different pairs or groups from one video to the next. Ellie has the most expressive face and Michelle is probably the most stoic in her facial expressions during reactions. They cover movies and TV shows. Every once in awhile, a pudgy white dude joins them lol...but he's cool, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Despite me being subscribed to more reactors than I can possibly keep up with, I keep seeking out more.
They're not all winners, though.
Take JeanineUsagi for example. I don't want to even link to anything of hers because she is EXCRUCIATING. Watching her videos causes me actual pain. The "LOL I'M SO RANDOM" bullshit. The unthinking obliviousness (one of my biggest pet peeves), where she has no idea what's going on and no real motivation to understand anyway. The panic-flailing. All I can think to call it is "high energy weaponized idiocy."

And this isn't unique to this person, but I can't decide what drives me up the wall worse:
The "let's play" reactors who pretend they're having a conversation with viewers despite not having (or at least not reading) stream chat, then ask questions which viewers answer in the comments, and they don't read the comments so 3 episodes later they're still struggling with something that someone tried to help them with weeks previous...
or
The reactors whose youtube videos ARE just real-time black box copies of their twitch stream and spend 80% of their time engaging in unrelated "just chatting" activity instead of playing/reacting to the game/content.

I don't know why reactors all seem to move in herds, but it seems like so many of them all do the same content at the same time (probably because there's a group of reaction-enthusiasts who subscribe to their patreons and make the same request simultaneously to every reactor). One such trend is apparently a lot of zoomers have decided to pick up Subnautica for the first time in the last month or so.

Despite its horror elements and daunting level of freedom, Subnautica is not a complicated game unless you are oblivious/distracted. I swear I think I've started grinding my teeth from all the dunces who:
  • Neglect their food/water supplies until they're dying of starvation/dehydration and then decide "oh whoa, I need to go find something to cook/make into water" THIS SHOULD BE YOUR FIRST AND HIGHEST PRIORITY
  • Pay absolutely no attention to the battery charge level in their tools and vehicles leading to them having to do the slow swim of shame back to get a fresh power cell for the Seamoth or getting a door 95% lasered open and then having to go back for another battery
  • Completely ignore the health of their character, or worse, their vehicles. Saw one particularly oblivious person who managed to destroy TWO seamoths through sheer not-paying-attention.
  • Ignore on screen prompts to "try breaking this for resource X" while loudly whining that they can't find resource X
  • Just don't read words in general
  • Spend the early game panicking about oxygen on every single dive, then completely forget they need oxygen after the first 02 tank upgrade, leaning to near (or actual) drowning on multiple occasions
  • Spaz-click things in their inventory for no good reason. They want to drop 1 thing but drop 5. They want to eat one thing but eat 2 and drink another 2 bottles of water without need simply because they're too fucking twitchy to click anything just 1 time
  • Overreact to every minor source of damage like it's instant stage 4 cancer, but blunder their way constantly into radiation (without a rad suit) or leviathan class predators because - again - they can't pay attention to what they're doing.
Uuuugh just had to rant.

Gas has covered most of the reactors I watch, but a few he hasn't mentioned yet:

Natalie Gold
https://www.youtube.com/@NatalieGoldReacts
She can get amusingly animated at times, and her editor (I believe it's her husband) sometimes adds some funny touches to her videos. For example, every reaction video has her profanities bleeped out using a picture that's relevant to the current video. In her Infinity War reaction, for instance, the bleeps were done with a miniature Infinity Gauntlet.
She is my favorite movie/TV reactor.

GasBandit

Staff member
This shit is what keeps me coming back to YaBoyRoshi. And why I actually pony up on the Patreon. This is Top. Shelf. Content.

Dave

Staff member
You know, I've watched a few reaction videos lately and a great many of them frustrate the shit out of me. They'll take a powerful song and stop it at the absolute worst parts to break down and give it their analysis or talk over parts, thereby missing what comes next. It's why I don't watch very many reaction videos.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, I've watched a few reaction videos lately and a great many of them frustrate the shit out of me. They'll take a powerful song and stop it at the absolute worst parts to break down and give it their analysis or talk over parts, thereby missing what comes next. It's why I don't watch very many reaction videos.
That's one of my pet peeves too. Talking over "good parts," being more interested in cracking wise than absorbing the material, that kind of stuff. I've been watching less VKunia lately because she's been starting to do that lately, she'll be making jokes when she should be paying attention.

Other things that drive me up the wall are game reactors/let's play types that refuse to read what's on screen or blow past important information, or worse, just being straight up oblivious. "Oh no my vehicle ran out of gas how did that happen" I mean the fuel gauge was RIGHT THERE ON SCREEN THE WHOLE TIME how did you not keep an eye on it?

There are some REALLY bad reaction video folks out there too. I don't know why I'm suddenly seeing a jillion Australian reactors in my youtube recommendations lately, but almost all of them make me want to claw my skin off.

The nature of the game means they have to pause constantly and talk over it or YouTube will nuke them from orbit with copyright strikes

1683220186199.png
12tone

Someone I wanted to mention before, but couldn't remember the channel name. Then the wife stumbled over him in her reaction video wanderings and that reminded me. Yet another music person who decided to do reaction/explainer videos about what makes music so special, mostly from a theory perspective, but with quite a bit of very dry humor and literal hundreds of outside references thrown into the iconography.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Other things that drive me up the wall are game reactors/let's play types that refuse to read what's on screen or blow past important information, or worse, just being straight up oblivious. "Oh no my vehicle ran out of gas how did that happen" I mean the fuel gauge was RIGHT THERE ON SCREEN THE WHOLE TIME how did you not keep an eye on it?

There are some REALLY bad reaction video folks out there too. I don't know why I'm suddenly seeing a jillion Australian reactors in my youtube recommendations lately, but almost all of them make me want to claw my skin off.
Well apparently Google's picked up on me getting back into subnautica, and as it would happen a lot of youtube reactors/let's players/streamers have been discovering subnautica for the first time!

That's good!

They're all attention deficit zoomers focused on content creation instead of the game!

That's bad!

So, here's a brief list of youtube channels to avoid if you don't want to claw your own face off from their sheer obliviousness and lack of brain function.

Zach Fry
Flats
Sarenades
Lucille
Sethorven
Mapoclops
Symbalily

Also I've tried a couple different folks who claimed to be actual RL Thalassophobics trying subnautica and it was not as interesting a watch as I'd hoped. One guy, I'm pretty sure was faking, another guy had actual gagging reactions which made ME have nausea in sympathy, and another guy basically had to stay in the life pod facing the wall all night long.

Last edited:
Well apparently Google's picked up on me getting back into subnautica, and as it would happen a lot of youtube reactors/let's players/streamers have been discovering subnautica for the first time!

That's good!

They're all attention deficit zoomers focused on content creation instead of the game!

That's bad!

So, here's a brief list of youtube channels to avoid if you don't want to claw your own face off from their sheer obliviousness and lack of brain function.

Zach Fry
Flats
Sarenades
Lucille
Sethorven
Mapoclops
Symbalily

Also I've tried a couple different folks who claimed to be actual RL Thalassophobics trying subnautica and it was not as interesting a watch as I'd hoped. One guy, I'm pretty sure was faking, another guy had actual gagging reactions which made ME have nausea in sympathy, and another guy basically had to stay in the life pod facing the wall all night long.
I'm a real life thalassophobic and my playthrough of Subnautica was me navigating to the steam refund page because fuck all of this.

ANGELINA

I think she claims she has ADHD or some other condition, but the result is that she's often rather hyper in her reaction videos. I find it entertaining, but you mileage may vary. I recently watched her reaction to Fellowship of the Ring and around 10% of the video's runtime is dedicated to ranting about how the movie ends so abruptly. I thought it was entertaining.

GasBandit

Staff member
she's often rather hyper in her reaction videos.
Yeah, spicy Whimsory confirmed. Or is Whimsory mayo salad Angelina?

Edit: Ok, I watched a few of her videos, and she is a repeat offender of my cardinal pet peeve - she is more interested in mugging for the camera and hearing herself talk than actually paying attention. Her Return of the Jedi reaction had me clawing at my face. Plus she does that annoying "thug holler" voice when she's trying to be cool.

Nope, I don't think I can watch her, unless I get a lot of titos or she gets a lot of ritalin.

Last edited:
funnylilgalreacts

If you want someone to watch ANY new Star Wars content with, this is your gal. She watches stuff voted on by her Patreon, as well as just stuff she wants to watch, mainly sci-fi. She sometimes gets a little quiet, busy watching the show, but her reaction faces to the camera are perfect. She has a wry, often self-deprecating sense of humor that lives up to the channel's name.

Also, she once mentioned that she works in a dentist's office, and now I can't stop looking at her teeth.

Eh, if so, it's the home grown, manual variety. IP is a fiber ISP in Austin, not a VPN, and the formatting of the post very closely matches previous posts. I'm on the "benefit of the doubt" side for now.
Are you suggesting that I'm "homegrown" spam and not suggesting a reactor I like, like everybody else has been doing?

Are you suggesting that I'm "homegrown" spam and not suggesting a reactor I like, like everybody else has been doing?
This board has been getting a higher-than-average influx of newborn shills of late, so any fresh faces get extra scrutiny.

--Patrick

funnylilgalreacts

If you want someone to watch ANY new Star Wars content with, this is your gal. She watches stuff voted on by her Patreon, as well as just stuff she wants to watch, mainly sci-fi. She sometimes gets a little quiet, busy watching the show, but her reaction faces to the camera are perfect. She has a wry, often self-deprecating sense of humor that lives up to the channel's name.

Also, she once mentioned that she works in a dentist's office, and now I can't stop looking at her teeth.
I've been watching her work through Firefly recently. Its always fun to watch someone become a Browncoat.

Reacts with Jax

Jacqueline Hellmers actually has some experience as a crew member in movies, to the point where she has an IMDB page, but she doesn't really talk about movies from the perspective of a crew member. Instead I mainly like her because she pays attention to what she's watching and is nicely reactive and insightful. Her editor also likes to add funny moments too, like memes or subtitles. Also, yes, she's pretty.