Real Life Barbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool brah, but you can't tell me you wouldn't be attracted to a dude with a six pack (even if it was surgically enhanced to look like something out of Frank Miller). So why is that ok, but Fade saying he finds Barbie attractive is not?
I'm dead sexy.
/

figmentPez

Staff member
And honestly Fig, if you want to get into this, I want to ask you a couple of questions:

1) Do you have a lot of female friends?
2) Have you ever made an overt pass?
3) Are they completely unnatractive?
1. I don't have a lot of friends right now, period. In the past I have had a lot of female friends.
2. Yes, I have made an overt pass* at women I've been friends with.
3. Why the hell does it matter if I find them attractive or not? Yes, when I date someone I want to be physically attracted to them. There is nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with finding beauty in the human form. I don't see what that has to do with any of this argument.

EDIT: Just to be clear, by "made a pass" I mean as in "asked out on a date" or otherwise tried to start a romantic relationship. I've never just tried to sleep with someone because I believe that sex is for marriage only, and I don't do casual sex.

But seriously, any man who has female friends that are attractive that he has never made a pass at (or wanted to) is either

A) Related to them

B) Happilly married (and is still going to get in a lot of trouble if his wife finds out that he has hot female friends)

or

C) Completely full of crap.
Uh, I think you forgot one :p

So, you're judging me based on nothing but your own prejudice? Sorry, you're wrong. I really do enjoy cosplay because of the costumes, and I value women for who they are and not just as sex objects. If you can't believe that, then something is wrong with you, not with me. I'm telling the truth, and it's your problem if you don't believe me. Since you seem intent on libeling me, then I'm not coming back to this thread.

If that's what you have to resort to in order to feel good about being attracted to such a distortion of human norms, then I seriously suggest that you get psychological help, and that's coming from someone who's pretty messed up in other ways himself.

Yup classic white knight. I'd bang the Barbie, so I'm the one who needs to see a shrink.

If you're telling me that you're not attracted to someone based on physical appearance, then you're right, I don't believe you. And you are a liar. And a passive aggressive shithead to boot.

I have a female best friend that I ask at least once a week if I can hit that yet. One of these days, it'll work.
According to popular media, all you need to do is have a drunken night where she sees past everything she currently had a reason not to date you and you'll have a rocky relationship that will end dramatically after which you'll realize a little too late what caused the relationship to change where you will go through a small montage of bettering yourself without showing her, when one day she'll run across you, seeing how successful you've become without doing it to impress her and it'll impress her anyway and you'll drive off happily toward a sunset with an open ending on the story to be judged by those who knew it.

Necronic

Staff member
1. I don't have a lot of friends right now, period. In the past I have had a lot of female friends.
2. Yes, I have made an overt pass* at women I've been friends with.
3. Why the hell does it matter if I find them attractive or not? Yes, when I date someone I want to be physically attracted to them. There is nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with finding beauty in the human form. I don't see what that has to do with any of this argument.

EDIT: Just to be clear, by "made a pass" I mean as in "asked out on a date" or otherwise tried to start a romantic relationship. I've never just tried to sleep with someone because I believe that sex is for marriage only, and I don't do casual sex.
See, to me attraction IS sex, it's all part of the same kit and kaboodle. I'm not attracted to someone that isn't both physically and mentally attractive, and if I'm attracted to them I want to have sex with them. The reason I am bringing that up is because I thought you were this over the top white knight.

However, your last comment makes me think that may not be the case, so I guess it's a wash.

figmentPez

Staff member
If you're telling me that you're not attracted to someone based on physical appearance, then you're right, I don't believe you. And you are a liar. And a passive aggressive shithead to boot.
Who said I wasn't attracted to someone based on physical appearance? I most certainly am. However, it's not solely on physical appearance. I've known girls who I thought were drop-dead gorgeous, who I ended up not attracted to (at all) because of their personality; and I've known girls who I thought were only average looking, until I got to know them and then thought they were stunningly beautiful. My attraction to someone is highly dependent on how I view their personality and my relationship to them, as well as on their physical appearance.

That's cool brah, but you can't tell me you wouldn't be attracted to a dude with a six pack (even if it was surgically enhanced to look like something out of Frank Miller). So why is that ok, but Fade saying he finds Barbie attractive is not?
Seriously, no. That would be gross.

According to popular media, all you need to do is have a drunken night where she sees past everything she currently had a reason not to date you and you'll have a rocky relationship that will end dramatically after which you'll realize a little too late what caused the relationship to change where you will go through a small montage of bettering yourself without showing her, when one day she'll run across you, seeing how successful you've become without doing it to impress her and it'll impress her anyway and you'll drive off happily toward a sunset with an open ending on the story to be judged by those who knew it.

Who said I wasn't attracted to someone based on physical appearance? I most certainly am. However, it's not solely on physical appearance. I've known girls who I thought were drop-dead gorgeous, who I ended up not attracted to (at all) because of their personality; and I've known girls who I thought were only average looking, until I got to know them and then thought they were stunningly beautiful. My attraction to someone is highly dependent on how I view their personality and my relationship to them, as well as on their physical appearance.
So why are you ragging on Fade exactly? I don't recall anyone mentioning that they'd marry Barbie...

figmentPez

Staff member
See, to me attraction IS sex, it's all part of the same kit and kaboodle. I'm not attracted to someone that isn't both physically and mentally attractive, and if I'm attracted to them I want to have sex with them. The reason I am bringing that up is because I thought you were this over the top white knight.
Well, I'm very different. Not all physical attraction to me is sexual. There certainly are women whose appearance tends to elicit sexual thoughts (and I try not to encourage or dwell on said thoughts), but there are also women who I find very beautiful but who don't cause a sexual reaction. There are quite a few women who I'd love to spend time around, and think are beautiful, but whom I don't hold either romantic or sexual attraction for. They're lovely, and quite often have pleasant personalities as well, but there just isn't any sort of spark.

Necronic

Staff member
Holy crap I want that. (The thing Gas linked. I want him in my yard. Patrolling for those Double Dragon jerks.)

Also you know to switch tracks a bit, I know the motivation is probably strange, and it may be medically unsafe (?), but honestly there's a part of me that thinks that this is awesome. I grew up reading William Gibson and other sci-fi/near future novels, and I've always thought that body modification at the levels you see in those books would be so freaking rad. I mean, if someone showed you a picture of that one cat dude isn't there a part of you that thinks that it's cool?

I mean yeah, the motivation is questionable, but at the end of the day isn't that how most technology gets pushed forwards? VHS, DvDs, The Internet, and now Body Modification. What moved all of those forwards?

For the record, I'm the one who ragged on Fade specifically for his "it's not my fault, I'm genetically predisposed to find her hot" rant.

I can at least respect Mathias and Shegos position of That's what I like, and I don't give a fuck more than. You realize your shallow, at least.

Holy crap I want that. (The thing Gas linked. I want him in my yard. Patrolling for those Double Dragon jerks.)

Also you know to switch tracks a bit, I know the motivation is probably strange, and it may be medically unsafe (?), but honestly there's a part of me that thinks that this is awesome. I grew up reading William Gibson and other sci-fi/near future novels, and I've always thought that body modification at the levels you see in those books would be so freaking rad. I mean, if someone showed you a picture of that one cat dude isn't there a part of you that thinks that it's cool?

I mean yeah, the motivation is questionable, but at the end of the day isn't that how most technology gets pushed forwards? VHS, DvDs, The Internet, and now Body Modification. What moved all of those forwards?
Could they make someone look like the chick from avatar? Because that was one hot blue cat thing.

It's taken you this long to realize I'm a Christian who holds to a conservative theology and morality?
No, it's taken me this long to figure out why you are the way you are. Has nothing to do with religious belief, that's a crutch/strength (depending on how someone views it). I'm saying it explains alot of stuff I've always wondered about why you act the way you do sometimes.

Also, I'm just as sick of this body image thing permeating male culture as well, as that disturbing ab thing illustrates.

figmentPez

Staff member
So why are you ragging on Fade exactly? I don't recall anyone mentioning that they'd marry Barbie...
I just took a crack at a turn of phrase that I find offensive, because despite the fact that is a phrase meant in non-literal way, I still think that it's a crude expression that reinforces negative behaviors. How we speak, what language we use, influences how we speak and act in the future. I had hoped that taking things so far out of context would make it clear that I was mocking the turn of phrase, and not the person who said it.

I just took a crack at a turn of phrase that I find offensive, because despite the fact that is a phrase meant in non-literal way, I still think that it's a crude expression that reinforces negative behaviors. How we speak, what language we use, influences how we speak and act in the future. I had hoped that taking things so far out of context would make it clear that I was mocking the turn of phrase, and not the person who said it.
It smelt kinda Charlie, which I'd what drew the reaction it did.

Well, I'm very different. Not all physical attraction to me is sexual. There certainly are women whose appearance tends to elicit sexual thoughts (and I try not to encourage or dwell on said thoughts), but there are also women who I find very beautiful but who don't cause a sexual reaction. There are quite a few women who I'd love to spend time around, and think are beautiful, but whom I don't hold either romantic or sexual attraction for. They're lovely, and quite often have pleasant personalities as well, but there just isn't any sort of spark.

Yeah yeah yeah, you're in this whole deeper realm when it comes to sex and women and rules of attraction. You hold yourself to a higher standard than other slobs and assholes. "You're not the typical kind of guy"

You're so full of shit that it's oozing out of my monitor.

Necronic

Staff member
Also, I'm just as sick of this body image thing permeating male culture as well, as that disturbing ab thing illustrates.
Eh, it's not really an issue in the straight community. I mean, I'm not in the best shape (not fat but not cut) and I have a full beard and a lot of body hair, things that are "out" at the moment. But women still go for me.

See this time I remembered that you were gay.

Necronic

Staff member
And fwiw guys I wouldn't be coming in here and stirring up trouble if there were any new politics threads up.

GAS.

Yeah yeah yeah, you're in this whole deeper realm when it comes to sex and women and rules of attraction. You hold yourself to a higher standard than other slobs and assholes. "You're not the typical kind of guy"

You're so full of shit that it's oozing out of my monitor.
I dunno if he's full of shit as much as somethingelse. Strange things happen to one's mentality when they go that long without sex. It's against the human nature of a male for starters, human nature for almost everyone actually. Your body eventually turns on your brain and well, wires get fried man.

Disagree with it all you want Fig, it's not an opinion that it's human nature to want to procreate, and not just with one individual. Your brain may tell you that it's wrong etc etc but nature = nature.

Disagree with it all you want Fig, it's not an opinion that it's human nature to want to procreate, and not just with one individual. Your brain may tell you that it's wrong etc etc but nature = nature.
Hey now, we don't take kindly to none of that pinko-commie "scientific and behavioral studies" stuff around here.

Not with one individual? I can see others not being perfectly happy with one, but I sure am! I love my one individual, I married my one individual and am completely happy with my one individual. :)

Wait, I'm back in my hometown again? :fu:

No offense meant figmentPez , it's just that I actually do take offense when people explain their actions due to religion. Good or bad. You should be a good or bad person just because it's within you to be that way, not because a book/preacher told you to be.

Not with one individual? I can see others not being perfectly happy with one, but I sure am! I love my one individual, I married my one individual and am completely happy with my one individual. :)
Yes you are, however there will be times, whether he means it or not, that he'll fantasize or even briefly think of procreating with someone else. The thing that makes him a good husband/partner is that he doesn't act on his nature.

The part that I was talking about not being mentally healthy is a completely sexually devoid lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.