[Brazelton] RIP Roger Moore

Dave

Staff member
He's really what I think of when I hear the name James Bond, even if Sean Connery's Bond was closer to the novels. He just seemed so fucking cool.

I loved Roger Moore as Bond, but also really loved watching him play himself pretending to be a spy in The Cannonball Run. I shall have to endeavor to watch TCR today, in his memory (since I don't have any Bond films to watch).

I loved Roger Moore as Bond, but also really loved watching him play himself pretending to be a spy in The Cannonball Run. I shall have to endeavor to watch TCR today, in his memory (since I don't have any Bond films to watch).
Cannonball Run II had one of my favorite lines in movie history.

Moore: "I'm Bond, James Bond."
Mother: "That's sweet dear, you're first name is the same as your last."

RIP Roger Moore.

I loved his Bond, but now I gotta rewatch North Sea Hijack for his Rufus Excalibur ffolkes.
And perhaps some episodes of The Persuaders!, the series has a hilariously comical dub of legendary status in german.

fade

Staff member
I know I'm about to get a ton of disagrees for this, but I always disliked him as Bond. I just viewed him as a cheesy, corny product of his times.

His Bond was definitely the cheesiest and campiest, and yet he gave the role a unique feel, distinct from every other Bond actor. His Bond was definitely just as iconic as the others.

RIP Roger.