Export thread

Rush Limbaugh Calls Michelle Obama Fat

Jiarn

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theti...limbaugh-says-first-lady-is-no-swimsuit-model

Oh god I laughed so hard. The irony! THE IRONY IT BURNS!

makare

He is such a twat.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

There are a few things I'd like to say to Rush's face, but he couldn't hear me anyway. He took so much drugs that it made him fooking deaf. And he's still a social conservative.
Added at: 19:02
And when the hell did the fittest First Lady in 50 years become fat?

makare

I don't really think using any kind of model as a, well as a model, of health is very smart anyway.

Mathias

Mathias

At the same time I do agree with Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann..

In the past week, both Sarah Palin and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) criticized the First Lady's advocacy for breastfeeding. Michelle Obama has mentioned breastfeeding as a way to lower childhood obesity at the same time the White House has successfully pushed the Internal Revenue Service to offer tax deductions for breast-feeding supplies.

I hate breastfeeding propaganda almost as much as anti-smoking campaigns.

Vagabond

Vagabond

And when the hell did the fittest First Lady in 50 years become fat?
When she married a secret muslim.

Mathias

Mathias

I don't really think using any kind of model as a, well as a model, of health is very smart anyway.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Oh man, those bastards telling you about stuff that will help your health... i hate those guys.

Mathias

Mathias

Oh man, those bastards telling you about stuff that will help your health... i hate those guys.
/facepalm

Promoting propaganda that people who smoke are monsters does not help anyone...

@Li3n

@Li3n

/facepalm

Promoting propaganda that people who smoke are monsters does not help anyone...
It helps the monster hunting business... (also, i hear smoking is actually down, so yeah...)

Wasabi Poptart

Rush Limbaugh is such a smacked ass.

Tress

Tress

1) It's offensive to claim that, because the First Lady doesn't look like a swimsuit model, she's fat.
2) It's offensive to attack a woman in politics because of her looks.
3) Funny, Laura Bush didn't look like a swimsuit model either. Gee, I wonder why she didn't get any of Rush's wrath?
4) Rush Limbaugh needs to STFU about other peoples' weight. He has no room to talk (because his gut used it all up).*

*I'm quite overweight myself, so I get to say that. Nyah nyah.

Null

Null

Rush is a slime-encrusted mockery of mankind.

Adam

Adammon

I think his issue is more with her being a hypocrite and telling people to cut down on food sizes, and restaurants need to be legislated to have smaller portions - but then we hear about their big Superbowl party and their dinners out all the time.

If you want to tell people to eat healthy from a point of moral superiority, you better be damn sure to do the same.

Tress

Tress

I think his issue is more with her being a hypocrite and telling people to cut down on food sizes, and restaurants need to be legislated to have smaller portions - but then we hear about their big Superbowl party and their dinners out all the time.

If you want to tell people to eat healthy from a point of moral superiority, you better be damn sure to do the same.
This would be valid except Michelle Obama never said people should avoid junk food at all times. She's been pushing to have people eat more nutritiously overall, which still allows for eating junk every once in a while. Rush is claiming that a Superbowl Party and eating some ribs while on vacation means that her message of "You should eat healthy foods most of the time" is somehow invalid now.

She also doesn't advocate using legislation with restaurants. She's encouraging restaurants to serve smaller portions, but nothing anywhere near a mandate or law. Big difference.

Calleja

Calleja

At the same time I do agree with Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann..

In the past week, both Sarah Palin and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) criticized the First Lady's advocacy for breastfeeding. Michelle Obama has mentioned breastfeeding as a way to lower childhood obesity at the same time the White House has successfully pushed the Internal Revenue Service to offer tax deductions for breast-feeding supplies.

Wait... what the hell can you have against breastfeeding? :confused:

Tress

Tress

I don't think he's saying he's against breastfeeding, but rather dislikes the hardcore breastfeeding crusaders. I feel the same about the anti-smoking crowd: good cause, but their zealotry makes them unlikable.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Curious about that as well.

Calleja

Calleja

I don't think he's saying he's against breastfeeding, but rather dislikes the hardcore breastfeeding crusaders. I feel the same about the anti-smoking crowd: good cause, but their zealotry makes them unlikable.
I understand the sentiment with the exaggerated anti-smoking campaigns.. but how can a breastfeeding one be the same? It's not like they're ATTACKING anyone, like the anti-smokers attack smokers.... am I missing something here?

Tress

Tress

Honestly, I'm not sure. I wasn't aware of any over-the-top campaign for breastfeeding (like Mathias mentioned). Just a few advocates now and then.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I wouldn't consider this ironic, just hypocritical. Limbaugh is a moron.

Espy

Espy

I wouldn't consider this ironic, just hypocritical. Limbaugh is a moron.
Not to mention he only says these kinds of things so it draws attention to him. This is pretty much what he wants.

Wasabi Poptart

This. I am all for breastfeeding. However, there are some breastfeeding advocates who are overzealous. They make it seem like it's a crime if you choose to use formula. If you have tried breastfeeding and switched to formula, you didn't try hard enough. If you had problems breastfeeding, it's no excuse for giving your baby formula because you should have stuck it out longer. Believe me, I had it all said to me by other parents and pediatricians when I switched my son to formula at 3 months old. From some of the reactions you would have thought if I stopped feeding him all together it would have been better than "poisoning him with formula".

I don't really care for the tax breaks being promised. I don't see a problem with encouraging more American women to try breastfeeding though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I understand the sentiment with the exaggerated anti-smoking campaigns.. but how can a breastfeeding one be the same? It's not like they're ATTACKING anyone, like the anti-smokers attack smokers.... am I missing something here?
Yeah, you've missed quite a bit of the history on the matter (my mom was a regional coordinator for La Leche League when I was a toddler, so I grew up hearing about this stuff.) Read up on the Nestle Boycott, in some places that boycott is still ongoing.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Breast feeding up here is sorta in flux.

What I mean is that breast feeding is being promoted but Newfoundland has an aging population that is very vocal about it being 'indecent', especially in public places. The old folks shame their younger relatives when the breast feed because, when they were raising kids, it simply wasn't done. You got Carnation Powdered milk and that's what you gave the child.

I remember when I told my grandmother that I had to give up attempting to breast feed Jet because of his condition she sighed in relief. "Thank the Lord. You'll give the boy a complex if he sees your privates. He'll become a pervert."

So, I guess you can say we have quite the opposite problem up here. That's why it seems so strange to me.

Null

Null

But... Canadians don't have privates. They have mounties.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yeah, you've missed quite a bit of the history on the matter (my mom was a regional coordinator for La Leche League when I was a toddler, so I grew up hearing about this stuff.) Read up on the Nestle Boycott, in some places that boycott is still ongoing.
Probably because kids in Africa and other places are still dying because of the use of contaminated water...

Docseverin

Docseverin

To me people who don't breast feed are like people who are against immunizations, they are going based off of social pressure and stereotypes based off of misleading facts. It is well documented that breast feeding can protect infants against RS infections and GI infections/problems, as well as other immunities that synthetic or freeze dried powders do not provide. Not to breast feed if able is doing your children a dis-service.
Supporting articles follow:
http://www.bmj.com/content/2/6030/274.abstract
http://www.bmj.com/content/300/6716/11.abstract

@Li3n

@Li3n

And passive smoking is bad for you(putting any type of smoke in your lungs is not good for your health full stop), i don't think that's why Mathias dislikes anti-smoking campaigns.

Mathias

Mathias

My wife didn't breastfeed our daughter. She did it for like three weeks and stopped because the baby wasn't getting enough. The baby got the initial colostrum that she needed to boost her immunity. We were fine with using formula. The bitches at the hospital and several breastfeeding crusaders that we knew made her feel like she was less of a woman because she didn't breastfeed. Not to mention all the propaganda bullshit they spouted about how our daughter was going to be sick her whole life and not mentally develop correctly.

Jokes on them. My daughter's 4, has only been sick twice in her life, and was recently tested as a gifted child. She's three and a half and she can read, write, and do basic arithmetic. I don't even advocate the whole gifted trend bullshit. I treat her like a regular toddler without forcing any sort of advanced learning on her. I read to her every night for like 30 minutes, but that's about it - we just finished the Wizard of Oz. That's the other surprising thing. She's four and listens intently to stories without the need for pictures to illustrate the story.

I always like to shove that in a breastfeeding nazi's face.

Added at: 10:56
And passive smoking is bad for you(putting any type of smoke in your lungs is not good for your health full stop), i don't think that's why Mathias dislikes anti-smoking campaigns.
I don't like campaigns that infringe on my rights to do to my body what I want to do it. If I want to smoke a cigarette, fuck you, I'll smoke a cigarette. I know cigarette's are bad for you, but people who smoke are not the evil, weak-willed devils that anti-tobacco crusaders make them out to be. Tobacco smoking is very much ingrained in many cultures.

The only agenda that I agree with anti-tobacco campaigns is to create smoke-free indoor public areas. No one should have to breathe in smoke if they don't want to. At the same time outdoor anti-smoking laws are retarded. Someone lights up a cig in a park and you're behind them? Go another direction.

I see much of this in the same light as I view abortion. Leave others' decision making up to them and mind your own fucking business.

Joe Johnson

To me people who don't breast feed are like people who are against immunizations,
Some, maybe. We didn't breastfeed because, well, my wife almost died in child birth and ended up not being capable of producing breastmilk.

Mathias

Mathias

To me people who don't breast feed are like people who are against immunizations, they are going based off of social pressure and stereotypes based off of misleading facts. It is well documented that breast feeding can protect infants against RS infections and GI infections/problems, as well as other immunities that synthetic or freeze dried powders do not provide. Not to breast feed if able is doing your children a dis-service.
Supporting articles follow:
http://www.bmj.com/content/2/6030/274.abstract
http://www.bmj.com/content/300/6716/11.abstract

You sir, can go fuck yourself. I'm not even going to explain why this is probably the most idiotic comparison I've ever seen.

makare

I don't see why you are so upset. Your wife wanted to breastfeed but it didn't work out. So what he is saying doesn't apply to her.

Krisken

Krisken

So back on track to the sweaty blowhard's statement. The oxycontin king hasn't been interesting in years. When he says something off message, maybe then he'll be interesting.

Chibibar

I don't think people who are overweight themselves can't call other people fat.

makare

What I think is funny is he is being a hypocrite pointing out her (alleged) hypocrisy.

Null

Null

What I think is funny is that Rush Limbaugh is being discussed like he's even remotely relevant.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Strange thing: Listening to Rush Limbaugh ranting while also listening to big band music (Dizzy Gillespie's Groovin' High) is oddly entertaining.

Mathias

Mathias

I don't see why you are so upset. Your wife wanted to breastfeed but it didn't work out. So what he is saying doesn't apply to her.

Breastfeed vs. Formula = lots of inconclusive data that goes back and forth.

Immunization vs. No Immunization = Hard conclusive evidence for Immunization.

If a woman doesn't want to breastfeed, that's her own damn business.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Breast feeding up here is sorta in flux.

What I mean is that breast feeding is being promoted but Newfoundland has an aging population that is very vocal about it being 'indecent', especially in public places. The old folks shame their younger relatives when the breast feed because, when they were raising kids, it simply wasn't done. You got Carnation Powdered milk and that's what you gave the child.

I remember when I told my grandmother that I had to give up attempting to breast feed Jet because of his condition she sighed in relief. "Thank the Lord. You'll give the boy a complex if he sees your privates. He'll become a pervert."

So, I guess you can say we have quite the opposite problem up here. That's why it seems so strange to me.
My wife is from Newfoundland and her whole family thinks it's bizzare and strange that she breastfed our son. Her friends and family that have young babies never even attempted it... just straight to formula.

Here in Alberta it's all over the place, but I personally see a lot more women breastfeeding than bottle feeding.

What was this thread about again?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wait, breastfeeding is considered bizarre and strange?

MITÄ VITTUA?!

Chibibar

Wait, breastfeeding is considered bizarre and strange?

MITÄ VITTUA?! :confused:
Yea! it is unnatural! oh wait. I got nothing.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What I think is funny is that Rush Limbaugh is being discussed like he's even remotely relevant.
He is very relevant. He's a fooking loon, but MILLIONS of people take his word as Gospel.

Null

Null

He is very relevant. He's a fooking loon, but MILLIONS of people take his word as Gospel.
That is a mark against us as a culture.

Norris

Norris

I don't think people who are overweight themselves can't call other people fat.
Yes, but calling someone who is not actually fat "fat" when you're fat makes you look like a jackass.

fade

fade

In this thread: Everyone makes up their own meaning for what Mathias actually said and then argues against it.

Welcome to my world, Mathias.

General Specific

General Specific

I think the real story here is that people are still astonished that Rush says stuff that is batshit loopy in order to inject himself into the (inter)national conscious.

It's not like this is the first time.

Chippy

Chippy

Just once I would like to have a conversation about Rush Limbaugh that didn't lead to Boob milk.

Mathias

Mathias

In this thread: Everyone makes up their own meaning for what Mathias actually said and then argues against it.

Are you calling me fat? I'll have you know that fat people have feelings too!

Tress

Tress

Oh poor you.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I don't like campaigns that infringe on my rights to do to my body what I want to do it. If I want to smoke a cigarette, fuck you, I'll smoke a cigarette. I know cigarette's are bad for you, but people who smoke are not the evil, weak-willed devils that anti-tobacco crusaders make them out to be. Tobacco smoking is very much ingrained in many cultures.
Yeah, people do take things too far most times.

But don't kid yourself, nicotine is addictive... try quitting cold turkey and see how you feel...

Docseverin

Docseverin

Breastfeed vs. Formula = lots of inconclusive data that goes back and forth.

Immunization vs. No Immunization = Hard conclusive evidence for Immunization.

If a woman doesn't want to breastfeed, that's her own damn business.
Depends on which side of the fight you are on Mathias, because if you ask the Immunization people there is lots of inconclusive data for actually getting them.

I have a point of view, breast feeding is a natural and normal way of doing things and should be the route take if ABLE. I understand that there are things in this world that take away from a persons ability to do things like breast feed and that formula is a viable alternative.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Are you calling me fat? I'll have you know that fat people have feelings too!
But their feelings don't matter because they'll just get drowned in all the ice cream...
Added at: 07:07
Depends on which side of the fight you are on Mathias, because if you ask the Immunization people there is lots of inconclusive data for actually getting them.
Well with vaccinations the effects (if the vaccine works) are guaranteed, while with stuff like breastfeeding it's more of a % thing, simply giving the kid better chances to have a strong immune system etc...

@Li3n

@Li3n

I was just pointing out the differences that make the comparison a bit iffy, not making a value judgement.

Of course breastfeeding and smoking are even more off.

Mathias

Mathias

I have a point of view, breast feeding is a natural and normal way of doing things and should be the route take if ABLE. I understand that there are things in this world that take away from a persons ability to do things like breast feed and that formula is a viable alternative.

NO! Fucking NO! There is NO inconclusive data about vaccination. NONE! The only findings that challenged anything about vaccination where falsified by the M.D. who started this whole craze. You're comparing apples to oranges.

The problem with breastmilk vs. formula studies is that they draw out over decades, and there are absolutely NO quantitative tests that prove anything one way or the other without introducing other variables like upbringing and environment. Breast feeding is perfectly natural; so is letting your child die if they can't get enough, or don't take the breast. It happens in nature all the time. By "natural" standards we should be pumping out children soon after puberty hits; by age 20 you should have had 10 kids (6 of which would have died, naturally).

That's what riles me up the most. People always view nature as this wholesome golden state of being. If a mother chooses NOT to breastfeed her child simply by the fact that she's not comfortable with it, you have no right to tell her otherwise. That's nature - mind your own damn business and stay busy competing for life on your own terms.

fade

fade

Oh poor you. :rolleyes:
Case. Point.

Unless you're being sarcastic. If you are and I can't tell, the irony is delicious.

Jiarn

Never tell a scientist that science is inconclusive.

Just sayin.

Chippy

Chippy

rush limbaugh makes me lactate

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wonder why Rush does not rail against all the presidents since 1916 for putting out dietary recommendations...

Also why does he make a big deal about Michele Obama eating ribs?

Jiarn

Cause she's Black. I thought that was obvious by now.

Tress

Tress

I wonder why Rush does not rail against all the presidents since 1916 for putting out dietary recommendations...

Also why does he make a big deal about Michele Obama eating ribs?
I was very surprised he didn't make some comment about watermelon or fried chicken. That's more restraint than he usually possesses.

Disconnected

rush limbaugh makes me lactate
you owe me a soda.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I never claimed that the science was inconclusive, I said that there are people who believe it is.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The problem with breastmilk vs. formula studies is that they draw out over decades, and there are absolutely NO quantitative tests that prove anything one way or the other without introducing other variables like upbringing and environment. Breast feeding is perfectly natural; so is letting your child die if they can't get enough, or don't take the breast. It happens in nature all the time. By "natural" standards we should be pumping out children soon after puberty hits; by age 20 you should have had 10 kids (6 of which would have died, naturally).
Where the heck did THAT come from?

Calleja

Calleja

He's right, you know. "Natural" means "without human intelligence intervening".... what he described is the "true" human condition before civilization... and even for a while after it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's still quite a heavy-handed argument. "You prefer breastfeeding over formula? Fine, let's stop using electricity, and medicine, and start having babies every nine months!"

Of course, I am also exaggerating, but the effect and the assumption is there.

Calleja

Calleja

It is a bit hyperbolic, of course, but his point, i think, is that people tend to champion "natural" stuff like it's the best, greatest thing.. when what's really "natural" is dying at 40 after having 10 kids, 6 or 7 of whom die before puberty.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

There is a reason your sex drive when nutz when you were 15 (or 2 years either direction.) That is when your body expects to start having children.

The infant mortality numbers hold up pretty well, likely 6-8 kids by 20 if pumping them out every 9-12 months. My Dad's generation was quite common to have still-born babes and to lose kids to flu, measles and accidents. Out of the 8 kids my Grandmother had from 1920's through 1930's, only 4 made it past 60 and 3 are still alive, 2 in their 80's one still in his 70's.

They lost two in infancy, one around 22, one around 58, then one about 85. That puts their life expectancy around 51 years, which was the life expectancy for their generation.

Mathias

Mathias

It is a bit hyperbolic, of course, but his point, i think, is that people tend to champion "natural" stuff like it's the best, greatest thing.. when what's really "natural" is dying at 40 after having 10 kids, 6 or 7 of whom die before puberty.

Jesus, at least I'm getting through to someone here...

@Li3n

@Li3n

when what's really "natural" is dying at 40
No, that part is not true... the reason why the life expectancy was lower is because of the high child mortality rates... you made it past puberty chances where you'd live to 80 easy (ignoring war, abusing your body or epidemics).

Mathias

Mathias

No, that part is not true... the reason why the life expectancy was lower is because of the high child mortality rates... you made it past puberty chances where you'd live to 80 easy (ignoring war, abusing your body or epidemics).
/facepalm.

Life expectancy at birth and life expectancy (or life span)... Two different terms. Ultimately, life span in the human population has ALSO increased because of technology. Anyway, that's not relevant to the point, and again (like always) you are missing the point.

Hjelmborg, J.(2006). Human Genetics. 119(3):312-321

Only about 20% of your genetic makeup is responsible for your longevity. The rest is determined by environmental factors and your own behavior. But this again, isn't relevant to the conversation, since we're actually talking about the definition of what New Age douchebags consider natural, and the reality of what nature really is.

Breastfeeding proponents argue that breastfeeding is best because it's the 'natural' option; therefore formula feeding is wrong. This is a half-truth fallacy of believing that formula is bad to begin with. Formula is not bad. The data is inconclusive (and I'd argue a lot of it bunk), as to whether or not breastfeeding will help your kid become a super genius, superman. It's the same line of rationale as the Baby Einstein craze of the late 90's.

The only concrete evidence is that breastmilk contains an ample amount of immnoglobulin A, which helps with the baby's gastronomical immunity. It exists in colostrum, which is expressed for a couple of weeks after birth. Breastmilk possibly has other beneficial antibodies, which formula cannot replicate, but that's really about it.

What happens often in nature is that infants that don't take to breastmilk-or if the mother doesn't produce enough- the infant dies. This is why I can't stand nurses and doctors who try and force the issue. Oh btw, doctors support breastmilk feeding for one main reason, and it ain't because of the research: they're afraid you'll come back and sue their ass if their kid comes back with cerebral palsy. Peds always follow the safest course of action based on social trends because they're a group that has high malpractice issues.

Bottom line is that the breast is best campaign follows the logic that all things natural are warm and fuzzy and good. Nature is not warm and fuzzy. Nature is about the competition and struggle to pass on your genetic material to the next generation.

If I were an evil man, I'd found a start-up company based off of preying on the fears of new parents. Oh wait that's pretty much what every parenting social trend does anyway.

I have a timer going to see when I get a reply that alludes to the notion that I'm against breast feeding, thus proving Fade's idea...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I have a timer going to see when I get a reply that alludes to the notion that I'm against breast feeding, thus proving Fade's idea...
Doesn't that pretty much ruin the point of your experiment, if you announce what you expect to happen? ;)

But since you insist...

*goes to the podium, thumbs through his papers, sips some water*

Ahem.

Lights, please.

*spotlight*

Thank you.

Mathias is against breast feeding.

*cue for applause*

@Li3n

@Li3n

/facepalm.

Life expectancy at birth and life expectancy (or life span)... Two different terms. Ultimately, life span in the human population has ALSO increased because of technology. Anyway, that's not relevant to the point, and again (like always) you are missing the point.
Child mortality isn't just at birth...it's at least a couple of years after too...

And relax, i was just pointing out that what he said is an exaggeration, just like the part where breastmilk makes kids into geniuses is one...

The only concrete evidence is that breastmilk contains an ample amount of immnoglobulin A, which helps with the baby's gastronomical immunity. It exists in colostrum, which is expressed for a couple of weeks after birth. Breastmilk possibly has other beneficial antibodies, which formula cannot replicate, but that's really about it.
So breast feeding is better...

No really, i think we all got it that you're against people that are being stupid zealots about it, but there's no real need for you to take the exact opposite position to them because of it...

Shakey

Shakey

This seemed relevant...
Shop to make breast milk ice cream
What could be more natural than fresh, free-range mother's milk in an ice cream?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ok. Gross.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I lost this thread, or I would have left that here too.

sweeter than mother's milk...

Fun Size

Fun Size

The only catch: no singles. It's two scoops or nothing.

Bright side: Best use of cherries on a sundae ever.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Don't motorboat your sundae.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Dude, my sundae, I'll do what I want.

Chibibar

I guess that is "cool" for kids who was never breastfed? now you CAN. IN ICE CREAM! :)

Null

Null

Now that's one ice cream parlor that'd be awkward to go to on a date.

As for natural = good... you know what's natural? Mercury.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was talking to a stoner once, he asked me to go out in the woods to help him collect mushrooms for tea. I told him that I liked my health and sanity the way it is...

Then he told me that shrooms are natural, and God made nature and there's nothing in nature that is going to hurt you...

I suggested that he should get high on arsenic.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Next time he wants tea, inform him that I have this delightful tea made from the leaves and stems of belladonna and foxglove. :)

Kovac

Kovac

Ok. Gross.
Gross and a waste of breast milk that could go to babies

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You know what I find creepy? The mention of free-range... as in there is such a thing as NON-free-range mother's milk.

The mental image of that is something that even I find weird and disturbing.

Mathias

Mathias

Gross and a waste of breast milk that could go to babies

I'm more worried about the harvesting techniques. Is this milk getting pasteurized? If not, not only do you run the same risks of bacterial infection as drinking unpasteurized cow milk, but also if the lactating woman:
  • Has been infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
  • Is taking antiretroviral medications
  • Has untreated, active tuberculosis
  • Is infected with human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I or type II
  • Is using or is dependent upon an illicit drug
  • Is taking prescribed cancer chemotherapy agents, such as antimetabolites that interfere with DNA replication and cell division
  • Is undergoing radiation therapies; however, such nuclear medicine therapies require only a temporary interruption in breastfeeding
  • Has Lyme disease
  • Has Hepatitis A, B

I doubt these women are getting screened. This is a fucking disgusting idea.

Null

Null

You know what I find creepy? The mention of free-range... as in there is such a thing as NON-free-range mother's milk.

The mental image of that is something that even I find weird and disturbing.
Weird and disturbing? You can bet there's japanese porn of it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Moon people?

Philosopher B.

Fuck Rush Limbaugh with a rusty garden rake.

Krisken

Krisken

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Augh, the mental images in this thread...

Espy

Espy

Fuck Rush Limbaugh with a rusty garden rake.
Weird and disturbing? You can bet there's japanese porn of it.
I think I'm just gonna keep Null's post in my copy/paste file. Probably gonna need it a lot.

Jiarn

Found this amusing and slightly related:

@Li3n

@Li3n

Couch potatoes can be mothers too YOU RACIST....

Espy

Espy

I'm just going to leave this right here:
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/int...causes-hepatitis-fears-in-london-20110301-ncx

Breast Milk Ice Cream Causes Hepatitis Fears In London

Updated: Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 9:44 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 01 Mar 2011, 8:07 AM EST

By NewsCore - A London borough council confiscated breast milk ice cream being sold in a shop in the city's tourist district over fears it could contain hepatitis viruses and sent it for testing.
"Following two complaints from members of the public and concerns from the Health Protection Agency and Food Standards Agency, our officers visited the premises and removed all ice cream being sold as containing breast milk," council officer Brian Connell told theLondon Evening Standard newspaper Tuesday. "Selling foodstuffs made from another person's bodily fluids can lead to viruses being passed on and in this case, potentially hepatitis."
The ice cream, dubbed Baby Gaga by maker Icecreamists, is made by combining a liter of donated breast milk from a single woman with vanilla pods and lemon zest.
The shop's founder, 44-year-old Matt O'Connor, was outraged at the council's actions and claimed that he took "every possible precaution" when preparing the ice cream.
"Our donor was screened at a leading medical clinic, and then the ice cream mix is fully pasteurized. We have had a fantastic response, and 200 women have come forward and offer[ed] to give us milk," he said.
Lactating mothers are paid £15 ($24) for every 10 ounces of breast milk they supply for the ice cream and are required to undergo the same health checks used by the UK's National Health Service to screen blood donors.
O'Connor added that he would consider protesting if the council banned him from selling the ice cream.

Jiarn

I just vomitted a little bit in my mouth....

makare

I'm sticking with Ben and Jerry's.

Jiarn

What really makes this stomach turning, is that this is a thread involving Rush Limbaugh and it's now involving breast milk....

makare

Now imagine Limbaugh lactating and his milk being turned into ice cream which is then fed to Glenn Beck.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I bet Limbaugh's "moobs" hold a liter a piece...

Jiarn

I don't hate you makare. I just hate you right now....

makare

Then all my efforts have been for naught. :(

Jiarn

All your efforts have been to the contrary though!

@Li3n

@Li3n

"Following two complaints from members of the public
So Mathias convinced someone else to help him in his crusade...

It's a joke dude, relax.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, someone tell me this is a hoax:
Lady Gaga Suing the Makers of “Baby Gaga” Breast Milk Ice Cream
Gaga’s lawyers called the dessert ‘nausea-inducing’ and ‘intended to take advantage of [her] reputation and goodwill’. Whether that is the case or not, the legal documents around the case tell the shop to ‘change the name of the ice cream to something which is not aurally, visually or conceptually similar to Lady Gaga’.