[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

Pleased with the conclusion of Agent Carter.

I like that they left it open to continue with another mini-series, and they we still have questions. I also appreciate that they didn't end the series with a "Here's the headquarters for our new agency, SHIELD."

My favorite part of this last episode is when The Widow and Peggy were fighting and the Widow just NAILS her with a baseball bat. So fucking brutal.

Indeed, this was a fun little detour in the Marvel Universe... Now, let's see what Coulson and the gang have been up to... :)

I was so angry when Peggy didn't get recognition for her work at the end. At least she's got the SSR's respect. That's progress... But god damn you, 1940s.

Is AoS back or was their a week hiatus between?

It's back. Last nights episode pretty much picked up where the other left off.
Really nice to see Coulson make a real dent in Hydra by abusing their own paranoia of each other. Also going to be interesting to see what happens when the learn Fitz switches Skye's blood samples.

Well well well, things are about to get reeaaaaaaal exciting up in the bus... This season has really delivered so far, and their return was no different. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I loved the Raina stuff. Especially

her interaction with Skye's father, the way he just casually tells her "then don't", when she tells him that she can't live like that. And I can already tell I'm gonna like Mr. Blind-Teleporter-Dude. And next week? Any time we get to see Sif I'm happy. :D

Does not really make sense to be Fury. He gave Coulson the toolbox to rebuild SHIELD, so it would be rather odd for him to have Bobbie and Mack steal it back to destroy SHIELD (At least, that seems to be the implication, that Bobbie and Mack have some plan to destroy both Hydra and SHIELD and need the toolbox to carry it out.)

I had forgotten that Stark was head of SHIELD during Civil War. I've mostly gotten my CW info second hand though, since I didn't have the fundage to purchase the stuff several years back.

It really feels like Marvel thinks it doesn't even need to hype Avengers 2 (and really, it doesn't) so instead it's hyping up Civil War.

It really feels like Marvel thinks it doesn't even need to hype Avengers 2 (and really, it doesn't) so instead it's hyping up Civil War.
I dunno if it's so much "hyping" as it is "setting up". I feel like the movies are more and more becoming one cohesive unit, leading into one another more than the initial origin stories did.
I mean, you can't have to guys who have been fighting on the same side for 7 movies just suddenly have a conflict that leads to all out war between them and their teammates. You need to build up to that conflict. They've had their quarrels, but they ended Avengers on good terms, so you need to really give them a reason to not only argue but actually go for all-out war. Stark controlling SHIELD after Cap worked to tear it down would be a massive rift between them. Stark building Ultron and endangering the whole planet, obviously.
I also theorize that extreme measures will be suggested to take precaution over Bruce Banner after the events of Age of Ultron, and this will be the movies' equivalent of Stark's super prisons for those who wouldn't register in the comics' Civil War. It will also set us up for World War Hulk (They've said no Planet Hulk- they've never said no World War Hulk)

I have to say, Simmons came off as pretty awful this week's episode. That whole "he lied nothing will ever be the same" junk doesn't hold much water when the guy broke his brain saving her last season and she spent the last two episodes talking about how people like Raina need to be purged and whatnot. I can't really take her anger seriously about it all when she was planning to go so far as up the dosage on the Icers, too.

Also, I almost wonder if this "real SHIELD" could be a setup for SWORD.

I have to say, Simmons came off as pretty awful this week's episode. That whole "he lied nothing will ever be the same" junk doesn't hold much water when the guy broke his brain saving her last season and she spent the last two episodes talking about how people like Raina need to be purged and whatnot. I can't really take her anger seriously about it all when she was planning to go so far as up the dosage on the Icers, too.

They've already mentioned SWORD before, I believe.

Maybe not SWORD, but perhaps it is Stark assembling a newer version of SHIELD to achieve what he believes can help the world.

I know this is the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. thread, but if this "real S.H.I.E.L.D." talk is indeed set-up for Civil War, my prediction for Civil War is that the clash will be over if superheroes do ultimately save the world or if they just bring more trouble into it. Stark would be be of the opinion that heroes bring more trouble into this world (what with his foes linked to his personal history and his activating Ultron) and Rogers will be of the opinion that superheroes are ultimately a positive thing (considering Red Skull gained his powers prior to Steve becoming Captain America and Hydra's activating happening of their own accord before and after World War II).

As far as I can remember it's only come up in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but considering Whedon was one of the two who came up with the organization I'd be amazed if they didn't show up in some capacity eventually. Ms. Marvel worked for them at one point, too, so there's that.

In one of the Avengers 2 trailers, Stark pretty much says that he created the Ultron program to "put armor around the world." I'm pretty sure that's referring to the fact that he's trying to protect the earth from alien threats. In Avengers, the earth was already invaded by the Chitauri, and with all that's happened in Agents of SHIELD, not only does shield know about the Kree, but they also know that they experimented on the human race, so I can see Tony reacting in that way, and I think that the creation of SWORD will be a part of that.

I really got a vibe this week that the list of special people that SHIELD is keeping is going to become the Superhero Registration Act or a similar vein in the movies.

Why was Talbot suddenly a doofy moron this week?

Also,
this whole SHIELD TAKEN FROM THE INSIDE thing is getting old, there's gotta be a better way to handle a story than having a spy inside yet again.

Yup, pretty much confirms they are setting up for Civil War. At least to me.
The "other" SHIELD seems to be intent on wiping out every super-human they deem dangerous. They didn't want the Toolbox to build anything, but to get the data on all super-humans that Fury likely cataloged. Then when trying to capture Skye, even though Bobbi said to use Icers, pretty much every agent was instead carrying a pistol and shooting for the kill.

Yup, pretty much confirms they are setting up for Civil War. At least to me.
The "other" SHIELD seems to be intent on wiping out every super-human they deem dangerous. They didn't want the Toolbox to build anything, but to get the data on all super-humans that Fury likely cataloged. Then when trying to capture Skye, even though Bobbi said to use Icers, pretty much every agent was instead carrying a pistol and shooting for the kill.
I won't say that some of this may be really early groundwork for CW, but I think these events are more for events in Avengers in a month. They've definitely done their planning, for several years, but this feels more of being prep-work for events, and some characters, in this next movie. Reminding people about the real leader of SHIELD that has been in hiding since last year. Fury's name has been tossed about several times in the last couple of episodes and we know that he's in the Avengers.
Really looking forward to the next episode too.