[TV] S.H.I.E.L.D.

Good episode!

Really sucks that Trip died. Feels like it was just to drive home that only people with the 'gene' can get powers which was not necessary. Good to have Mac back but sucks that it was at the expense of Trip. Though to be fair.... this is Marvel.... so I guess he could come back but....

No no... that's not what happened.

When Tripp destroyed the Decider, parts of it's casing imbedded in his chest... which is why he turned to stone. Nothing to do with the mist.

No no... that's not what happened.

When Tripp destroyed the Decider, parts of it's casing imbedded in his chest... which is why he turned to stone. Nothing to do with the mist.
You mean that they just killed him for making a bad decision (re: kicking and destroying the Diviner)? Damn, so what you are saying is he got T-bone'd.

The cast was too big, and in my opinion still is. He never really did much to the cast other than provide a link to the past and be OMG DOES SHE LIEK HIM cast member. IMO, they still need to do a bit more trimming.

I dug it... though it's not perfect.

The idea of having her basically clean up Stark's mess seems a little trite... I'm having flashbacks to Season 1 of AoS where they had to meander around for half a season because they couldn't tie the show into Cap 2 right off the bat. I'm really hoping we get something more substantial than that. Leviathan isn't exactly a huge deal in the comics...

That said, it had a pretty strong start and I hope we get more than this mini-series in the future... though it could be that Marvel/Disney plans to do different side stories every year or something.

I really enjoyed it. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it was fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of the run.

I'm amused that Jarvis is so not ready for the hero lifestyle.

Was really fun. Leviathan for the villain group was an interesting choice though, but then again since it has been at odds with both SHIELD and Hydra in the comic, it kind of makes sense to represent a third large enemy group. Since they likely can't use the Brood, it will probably tie into them trying to get the vita bombs to mimic their own version of the super soldier process.

You know, now that I have had time to let it stew, the one complaint I have about the series is how much they beat gender inequalities into the plot. In the first Captain America, they got that out of the way pretty quickly when she makes a fool of a sexist soldier. The rest of the movie she was treated as top brass, someone even the general respects. Even the Agents of SHIELD cameo had her leading the attack with the Howling Commandos. Now that all that's over and she is back in New York working for the SSR, one of the main plot points seems to be that most of the other agents treat her like nothing but a secretary to file papers or get them coffee.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that such actions are more true to the time period, and that it gives us an easy reason to root for her while she works under the nose of the SSR, but almost every scene seems to be some guy (either one she works with, an enemy, or just a random sleaze ball) underestimating her because she is a woman, and that can be a rather boring trope if used all the time.

I think Leviathan is a good choice. They're not fully fleshed out in the comics, are presented as credible threats to the other big secret organizations, have that Cold War backhistory, but won't steal the secret organization stage from SHIELD/Hydra.

The only other ones from the comics they might have used like this would have been the Hand, and aside from Marvel's treatment of the Hand being literally all over the darn place, the Hand are not as good a fit for the concept of the mini-series.

I think Leviathan is a good choice. They're not fully fleshed out in the comics, are presented as credible threats to the other big secret organizations, have that Cold War backhistory, but won't steal the secret organization stage from SHIELD/Hydra.
Plus, they tie in well with the super-soldier thing...

I hope they actually do end with Leviathan being only partially stopped and going into hibernation... for future use in that other show...

The only other ones from the comics they might have used like this would have been the Hand, and aside from Marvel's treatment of the Hand being literally all over the darn place, the Hand are not as good a fit for the concept of the mini-series.
The Hand is too supernatural for it, and i'm hoping that after Dr. Strange they won't shy from that with them.

So another decent episode. Some plot development.
Considering the Russian connection with Leviathan, I was wondering when we would get a "Proto-Black Widow". Looks like we can make that official with the bubbly girl next door. Now the question remains does she work for Leviathan, or is she a spy for the main russian government trying to keep tabs on all the events involving Leviathan? I am leaning on the latter.

I would tend to agree with you Scythe, she doesn't seem to fit in with the Leviathan agents we've seen so far. Read: She can speak. Those were some impressive moves, though.

This has been a fun romp so far, but I'm looking forward to the return of the regular gang, I must say.

OK, since I'm fairly sure TV here isn't going to give a rat's assa bout showing things in the right order between shows, could someone give a bit of an overview in what order you're supposed to take in the different movies/shows/series?
I mean, Avengers 1 -> Agents of SHIELD s1 -> err, some movie, Captain America 2? -> AoS s2, I think, but beyond that?

- Avengers
- Agents of Shield Season 1 up until about 1/3rd into Season 1
- Thor: The Dark World
- Agents of Shield Season 1 up until 2/3rd into Season 1
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Agents of Shield until the end of Season 1
- Agents of Shield Season 2
- Avengers 2

Just got around to watching this past week's episode.

I was a bit disappointed the howling commandos. They didn't come across as quite the elite squad they should be, to me.

But,
aaaaaw shit Sousa knows.[/spoiler ]

Last edited:
Well, they didn't have the full team. No Jim Morita, no Jacques Dernier, no James Falsworth, Bucky is gone... it's just Dum Dum Dugan and Gabe Jones with some other guys (based on Howling Commandos in the comics, not the movies). Which is strange because I know Kenneth Choi was Jim Morita in the Agents of Shield flashback with Agent Carter. Wonder why he wasn't back for this?

Does anyone else find it kind of funny that...
Both main characters are British and it seems we have lead up to Howard Stark's biggest secret being the Rage Virus?