*sigh* Ok here we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cvgurau

Gonna throw my "well done" in with the rest of them.

Your strumming was kinda slow and hesitant, as were your chord changes (I'm a big believer in constructive criticism, so I hope that didn't sound judgmental), but your voice was quite beautiful.

What's the name of that song? I think I'd like to get some more music in that style (and by Ella Fitzgerald, since you quoted her as an inspiration).

Cajungal

Staff member
cvgurau said:
Your strumming was kinda slow and hesitant, as were your chord changes (I'm a big believer in constructive criticism, so I hope that didn't sound judgmental), but your voice was quite beautiful.
:) Yes, thanks, and not at all. ^_^ I'm practicing my transitions. Usually, I'm better at at least that song, because it's so easy. But it was pretty late... I'm working on "It's a Wonderful World" lately, because there's this change from D7 to Em that's kind of hard. I figure if I can peg that one, everything will get easier. :p

To clarify my previous statement, sometimes a uke reminds me of a classical guitar strung with nylon strings.

Please try and learn "Soon Forget" by Pearl Jam. It's done on the Uke...one of my favorite songs by them simply because it's so odd.

P

Philosopher B.

You have a pretty voice. That sounded very lovely overall. Ukuleles are awesome!

Edrondol said:
Your voice reminds me of Zooey Deschanel.
That was the first person I thought of, too.

Cajungal

Staff member
I really appreciate all the kind words. I'm pretty chicken about performing lately, but I feel like I opened a door. It should be easier from now on.... which is good since I have to sing at a ball next year. Gulp.

Anyway, I was trying to perfect "What a Wonderful World," but the damn d7 to em transition just keeps eluding me! Plus the strings keep making this nasty metallic sound no matter what I try. At first I thought I wasn't pressing hard enough, but even when I do it makes that sound. That one string is really loose, even when it's tuned properly. Could that be it?... O well, I just have to keep trying...

Not familiar with the Uke, but my guitar strings suffer when they are old. Just doesn't sound right and definitely do not stay in tune nearly as long.

Cajungal

Staff member
Well I'm playing on the used number that my brother gave me. Maybe I should just get some new strings for it... I have no idea how old these are. Thanks for letting me know. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.