*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

While I don't feel like PatrThom's response is wrong, but I wonder if more lawsuits like this will be the steps to finally make some gun control changes. A lot of the reason we can shrug off these tragedies is no one gets held responsible, except MAYBE the shooter, if they're alive. I heard that the parents are getting charged, which honestly should happen with any shooting involving an under-18 shooter. They gave their child access to guns; these things don't happen in a bubble. I feel bad that the teaching staff is getting thrown under the bus for this, and I'm not entirely confident these is the right people to blame for the issue, but when people can be held responsible, will it make others take more steps to prevent further events and lawsuits?
It won’t fix anything unless they successfully sue the real people at fault such as the NRA.

It won’t fix anything unless they successfully sue the real people at fault such as the NRA.
The nra wouldn't nearly be so influential if our government would promote responsible gun ownership instead of scaremongering and trying to regulate or ban parts of guns

Oh, definitely. What I was trying to imply, albeit poorly, is that once people are made to take responsibility (and I don't really think it should be the school), but it will hopefully galvanize them against groups like the NRA who are letting them take the fall.

The NRA are coming to the defense of the parents hard. Big high priced lawyers for them while their son is apparently just getting a public defender. Level one grade A people to the end.

The NRA are coming to the defense of the parents hard. Big high priced lawyers for them while their son is apparently just getting a public defender. Level one grade A people to the end.
"We don't want parents who give their psycho-kids weapons to be held accountable for what they DO with those weapons. That's a good chunk of gun revenue right there."

Good move. Disavowing the killer while protecting their market. Anyone who objects like you just did will be made to look like they sympathize with mass murderers lol

This is the “nice” mall in my area. I used to work at a GameStop inside this mall (now closed). Thankfully no one has died. It seems a few idiots got into some sort of argument and so out came the guns.

figmentPez

Staff member
We got one here. Guy was a self-proclaimed white supremacist/antisemite. Don't think its a coincidence the supermarket he shot up is in a very predominantly black part of down.
Ten people dead and the shooter's manifesto confirms he chose that supermarket because it was the only big store in a black area so he knew itd be crowded. He also drove from about 4 hours away to do this.
And he did it while livestreaming on Twitch.

Yet, because he was white, when he surrendered he was taken into custody alive.

And now we have a shooting in California where a Chinese immigrant shot up a Taiwanese church because China/Taiwan.
Let's see how the news spins it. Will it be "Never learned to let bygones be bygones" or will it be "Dangerous immigrant goes berserk on American soil?"

--Patrick

And now we have a shooting in California where a Chinese immigrant shot up a Taiwanese church because China/Taiwan.
Let's see how the news spins it. Will it be "Never learned to let bygones be bygones" or will it be "Dangerous immigrant goes berserk on American soil?"

--Patrick
Depends on which news is reporting it. I could think of one source thay would put out something like:

"Asian on Asian crime on the rise due to aggressive American imperialism and white supremecy."

Oh hey, look. More dead kids. And nothing will be done about it.

It’s Texas. They are probably having a series discussion on how if they allowed more guns this wouldn’t have happened.

The school is 89.5% Hispanic. No idea if that info is pertinent or not.
I get why your thought went in that direction, but it's unlikely to be motivated by race.

"The gunman, identified as Salvador Romas, was also killed, Abbott said. Romas was a student at Uvalde High School."

Another shithead teenager who wants to kill a bunch of kids (14 kids and 1 teacher so far). It doesn't matter if he was bullied, molested, or abused in any way. There is no excuse for this inhuman bullshit.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I get why your thought went in that direction, but it's unlikely to be motivated by race.

"The gunman, identified as Salvador Romas, was also killed, Abbott said. Romas was a student at Uvalde High School."

Another shithead teenager who would wants to kill a bunch of kids (14 kids and 1 teacher so far). It doesn't matter if he was bullied, molested, or abused in any way. There is no excuse for this inhuman bullshit.
Thanks for the additional information. I had yet to see anything on the shooter. And after the supermarket shooting last week I got a little jumpy when the target was filled with predominantly Hispanic kids.

Cue the parents: “he seemed mature enough for a gun.”

Cue Texas government: “if there were stricter gun laws then hundreds more children would be dead”

Cue the rest of the world where strict gun laws work: *face palm*

Cue the parents: “he seemed mature enough for a gun.”

Cue Texas government: “if there were stricter gun laws then hundreds more children would be dead”

Cue the rest of the world where strict gun laws work: *face palm*
You forgot one!

Cue every conservative: "Thoughts and prayers. I will be voting against any legislation that puts my campaign contributions at risk / angers big daddy NRA / makes it look like I dared to work with a Democrat on anything."

The party of "pro life" will force a woman to risk her life against her will for an unwanted pregnancy to "save a child", but kids can fuck off and literally die if it means filling out an extra form or waiting a few more days for a background check or requiring trigger locks. For a firearm. Which is now the leading cause of death for children and teens.

We need to somehow link guns to a woman's uterus, then the Republicans will be all in on legislating the hell out of them.

So this is disgusting.

“But Blotsfan,” I hear you say, “that’s horrible, but that’s just some idiots on 4chan. Nobody would take that seriously!”

Well, you moron, look at this and never question me again (though at least the tweet has been deleted).

962D0941-3D58-456F-876D-93D66908409F.jpeg

figmentPez

Staff member
Beto confronts useless police.jpg

“Gov. Abbott, I have to say something,... The time to stop the next shooting is right now and you are doing nothing,” O’Rourke told Abbott. “You said this is not predictable. This is totally predictable.

“This is on you, until you choose to do something different. This will continue to happen. Somebody needs to stand up for the children of this state or they will continue to be killed, just like they were killed in Uvalde yesterday."

Beto O’Rourke confronts Texas governor during update on Uvalde elementary school shooting

figmentPez

Staff member
It’s Texas. They are probably having a series discussion on how if they allowed more guns this wouldn’t have happened.
One of my friends, possibly now a former friend, shared on social media that the solution is to put an armed guard at all school entrances. There were multiple officers present at the school in Uvalde, and they were not able to stop this tragedy from happening.

He also posted about how "we had the same guns 60 years ago and this wasn't happening then", but we didn't have the same guns back then! The AR-15 wasn't on the civilian market until 1989. Even if we consider that bullets aren't much different now, I'm still skeptical that the gun market was exactly the same in the 60s. Given how every other piece of mass manufactured machinery has come down dramatically in cost, I'd be shocked if guns were the same price (adjusted for inflation) that they are now.

I'm really sick of seeing conservative stupidity.