*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

14 year old shooter.
The reality of what he did crashing down on this stupid ass kid right now. until we know more about this kid I both hate him and feel bad for him from the viewpoint of a parent.
Based on his age, we can bet that the gun was legally purchased. Either owned by a family member or gifted to the kid.

His dad sounds likes he’s about to be another fantastic example of how the problem begins at home. A year after his kid is investigated for making threats to shoot up the school and he buys him an assault rifle as a gift.

Dave

Staff member
Depending on where you live, a decent firearm can cost anywhere from 100x-300x the cost of a gallon of gasoline, or about 5 months' worth of phone bills.

--Patrick

You just can't put a price on feeling more like a manly-man though.
I frequently reset my YouTube app so its algorithmic recommendations also get reset. I did that this morning. Freshly reset, I watched about half a video that was "randomly selected" (no doubt due to my geographic location) about HK releasing an MP5 in 22LR. The next thing I did was search "Sky News Australia" to show my wife what a bunch of Right-leaning MAGA suckups they are. I only brought up the channel, I didn't actually play any of the videos. After those two events, YouTube immediately presented me with this ad: "Click here to learn how to boost your testosterone production by up to 20%!"

--Patrick

The manosphere and similar echo chamber "groupings" are very real and observable effects of the algorithms, and whether they're deliberate or not, they're constantly being manipulated and abused.
A recent study found that 100 newly-created male profiles on... Either tiktok or Instagram, sorry, I don't remember, all ended up in Tate/Peterson/etc video loops within 400 "suggested" videos, the vast majority in less than 100,without any interaction except clicking "view next".
Profiles set to female or other never ended up there.

I frequently reset my YouTube app so its algorithmic recommendations also get reset. I did that this morning. Freshly reset, I watched about half a video that was "randomly selected" (no doubt due to my geographic location) about HK releasing an MP5 in 22LR. The next thing I did was search "Sky News Australia" to show my wife what a bunch of Right-leaning MAGA suckups they are. I only brought up the channel, I didn't actually play any of the videos. After those two events, YouTube immediately presented me with this ad: "Click here to learn how to boost your testosterone production by up to 20%!"

--Patrick
I have to do a lot of "Do not recommend this channel" because while I do find the mechanics and design of firearms interesting (especially in a historic perspective), I'm not interested in... anything else in that sphere. Anytime I watch a gun video, it immediately wants to show me right wing shit and I have to block it every time.