So my daughter's friend tased a teacher today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twitch

You almost always need a concealed weapons permit to conceal carry anything. This includes guns, knives, swords, tasers, and in many places pepper spray. Any of these weapons may be carried openly without a license but none of them can be carried on a school campus.

C

Chibibar

I am shocked that something like this happen. I am so amp up that I should write to our current school board and make sure no one else get zapped for this. I got nothing.

fade

Staff member
That pun's not getting inducted into the hall of fame. It just didn't have the capacity for humor. I hope it doesn't get integrated into the circuit of jokes.

I

Iaculus

That pun's not getting inducted into the hall of fame. It just didn't have the capacity for humor. I hope it doesn't get integrated into the circuit of jokes.
Pff, no need to blow a fuse just because you didn't have a positive reaction to the joke. Clearly, you need lightening up.

so, while I totally agree with defending yourself against a punch to the face, the kid with the taser took it too far. Ohm not a lawyer, but as far as I node, a face punch is simple battery. The other kid amped it up and surely will be charged with a felony. Watt I can't believe is the capacitor for violence kids have these days. That kid really needs to find a better outlet to discharge his anger, or surely he will spend a lot of time in a cell after doing his rounds at the circuit courts.

C

Chibibar

so, while I totally agree with defending yourself against a punch to the face, the kid with the taser took it too far. Ohm not a lawyer, but as far as I node, a face punch is simple battery. The other kid amped it up and surely will be charged with a felony. Watt I can't believe is the capacitor for violence kids have these days. That kid really needs to find a better outlet to discharge his anger, or surely he will spend a lot of time in a cell after doing his rounds at the circuit courts.
:bow:

Jesus Christ. Also yesterday in Nebraska schools:

Pepper spray used to break up a fight involving more than 10 girls.
Student sends threat to school. Says he'll \"Kill everyone.\" (That last part is not part of the story, but I have relatives in Grand Island.)
15 year old kid brings a loaded shotgun to school.

This was ALL YESTERDAY!! What the hell?
America is an over-weaponized society with ever-escalating weapon racves in school. News at eleven.

Also, hurray, Nick's back!
Also, nothing funny to add, sorry.

America is an over-weaponized society with ever-escalating weapon racves in school. News at eleven.
Except that school violence (as well as violent crime in general) has been dropping for decades (whereas in Europe, it has been rising--go figure).

US school violence is just more sensationalized now on the news.

Except that school violence (as well as violent crime in general) has been dropping for decades (whereas in Europe, it has been rising--go figure).

US school violence is just more sensationalized now on the news.[/QUOTE]

No shooting in any school in Belgium ever.
Schools closed and moved because of intimidating behaviour (read: a student got *threatened* with a knife) in Brussels.

Compared to half a dozen shootings a year and schools with weapon detectors at the gates and police on-site, I think I know what I prefer :-P

GasBandit

Staff member

US school violence is just more sensationalized now on the news.[/QUOTE]

No shooting in any school in Belgium ever.
Schools closed and moved because of intimidating behaviour (read: a student got *threatened* with a knife) in Brussels.

Compared to half a dozen shootings a year and schools with weapon detectors at the gates and police on-site, I think I know what I prefer :-P[/QUOTE]

Because, as we all know, belgium is all of europe and the definitive example of the results of gun control.

Z

Zarvox

Bubbles, I'm a proud Belgian-American, but the Belgians' views on guns (and violence in general) are silly bordering on the immoral. Over winter break, I spent a week living in a kot at Louvain-La-Neuve (livin' in a dorm-analogue at a university, for Americans) and some folks there have some pretty wild ideas.

Now, I go to a private liberal arts college here in the states. I know we got some kooky liberals over here. But man are yours even kookier. A topic that came up once was, "What would you do if someone punched you in anger?" My response was, "Do everything in my power to beat him back, and keep beating until he no longer poses a threat to me." Their universal response, men and women both? "Run away." That? That is some crazy shit right there.

North_Ranger

Staff member
...and this little freshman went "wee wee weeee..."

Nevermind.
Wait, did you just imitate a teenager at Makeout Point?

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Because, as we all know, belgium is all of europe and the definitive example of the results of gun control.
GB, shut up.

Also, two school shootings in two years in Finland. On first occasion, I blame you Americans. On the second, I blame the Finnish media for jerking every bit of juice out of the first shooting. I hate it when these motherfuckers are given exactly what they want: attention. Non-stop frickin' attention.

fade

Staff member
I hate to defend GB, but there were 15 shootings in the last two years in the US, out of roughly 120,000 non-university schools. A quick search reveals, counting universities, Finland has about 4443 schools.

2/4443 = 0.000450146297547
15/120000 = 0.000125

which would technically mean 1/4th the shootings per school in the US compared to Finland. Not that those numbers mean much, but hey.

Z

Zarvox

Hell, look at it by student –*American schools tend to be larger.

2/600,000 = 3.3E-6
15/54.4 mil = 2.8E-7

In other words, Finland has had ten times as many shootings per student as we did in the past two years.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Or how about the fact that there has been a grand total of THREE school shootings in modern Finland? Raumanmeri 1989, Jokela 2007 and Kauhajoki 2008.

GasBandit

Staff member
GB, shut up.[/quote]
NO U :rolleyes: I guess I'm at fault here because I forgot my <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags for the mentally incompetent.

Also, two school shootings in two years in Finland. On first occasion, I blame you Americans.
Because that's SO much easier than looking in the mirror.

ElJuski

Staff member
All I know, is that when it comes to shootings in Europe, I'm gonna stay the fuck outta Bruges. Or London, lock stock and two smoking barrels.

Yup, no gun killing sprees in Finland...

Oh wait. This was just over a month ago, right?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6972377.ece
When a sharp crack interrupted the calm of a Finnish supermarket on New Year’s Eve it was assumed to be an exploding firework.
It turned out to be the starting signal for a massacre.
Six people died in the bloodbath, including 43-year-old Ibrahim Shkupolli, whom police identified as the gunman.

Status
Not open for further replies.