[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Update: I'm working my way through episode 5 and this is damn near unwatchable. What an absolute waste of what could have been a great show.
This is disheartening. I haven't started watching the 4th season yet. I saw a clip of them all vomiting in a car and my first question was "What the hell is this?".

Finished it and changed my mind - there's no "nearly" in the "unwatchable." What an absolute garbage mess they made of these characters and their motivations, relationships, and arcs.

Seriously, for anyone thinking about watching this for closure or whatever, don't do it. Pretend that at the end of season 3 they all walked away and found a way to make new lives and be happy, and never think about it beyond that. Season 4 adds absolutely nothing of value, and cheapens everything that came before it.

Finished it and changed my mind - there's no "nearly" in the "unwatchable." What an absolute garbage mess they made of these characters and their motivations, relationships, and arcs.

Seriously, for anyone thinking about watching this for closure or whatever, don't do it. Pretend that at the end of season 3 they all walked away and found a way to make new lives and be happy, and never think about it beyond that. Season 4 adds absolutely nothing of value, and cheapens everything that came before it.
Yeah, I sadly agree with all of this. They would have better to not do the 4th and just leave it a cliffhanger after the 3rd. Was garbage.

Or maybe instead of a full season, just an hour movie to wrap it up. I don't think I hated Season 4 as much as Season 3, but neither of them were good.

How much of the cast actually comes back? They were really fucked over by the schedule of previous seasons really bad.

I saw the season premiere for Rings of Power. It’s okay. The music is definitely something to remember. The story might be inconsistently paced but it sure looks and sounds good.

Also, the fanboys have redoubled their weeping and wailing. I’m convinced more than ever that the fandom’s toxicity is due to their entire adolescence spent on the receiving end of atomic wedgies and swirlies. Looking at their profile pictures, I suspect they never held on to their lunch money past 10 am.

They also remind me of my three-year-old nephew who has autism. He’s a good kid but he will throw a fit if he feels like something doesn’t match with his expectations or if something is too different. Even he is more even-tempered and reasonable than those fanboys who are grown-ass men.

I haven’t tried watching the second season yet. I don’t have an issue with changing parts of the story so it works better on screen. My issue with Rings of Power is changing it to the point that they’re basically just using the names and general storyline. Just do something new, and let it stand on its own. Instead of banking on a name.

But, I really don’t care that much. It’s not worth getting upset about, and it’s easy to just not watch.

I am certainly a fan of Tolkien, but I haven't watched a second of the show. I simply feel like I don't need it or really want it. I feel the same about nearly all the the Star wars stuff and almost all of the marvel stuff after Endgame.

I feel like I had a really nice meal and now I am being offered some cheap overly sweet dessert. No thanks, I'm full . Not mad at the dessert. I simply don't want it.

Douglas is Cancelled

Heard about this when reading an article about Steven Moffat, of Doctor Who fame. He's the creator/writer of this new 4-part miniseries. I binged it all late last night, as I couldn't stop once I got started. Stars Karen Gillan, Hugh Bonneville, and Alex Kingston. I "legally obtained" it to watch it, but it seems like it's only available through a British-only streaming.

It's pretty danged good, although it starts more kind of jokey, it gets very dark later on. Without giving anything away, it becomes something very different at the end of the second episode and onwards.