[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

I feel like reading on Harry Kim that his constant embarrassing pathetic misadventures might have a little to do with racism on the part of those in charge. Considering his character was the one supposed to be axed after the introduction of Seven of Nine and that he is the ONLY actor in Star Trek to ever be denied the chance to direct an episode after requesting to do so. Asian actors have always gotten short shrift in Hollywood and have faced IMMENSE behind the scenes racism and I'm guessing Garret Wang is no exception.

Greedy Ferengi haven't been interesting villains since TNG and then, JUST BARELY. Fuck you Voyager. Christ almighty.

Yeah, the first draft of the movie got an R rating, and they dialed back the language to get it down to PG-13.
The fact that they had to dial back the language in Galaxy Quest in post is one of those “Why would they do that?” eye-rollers in cinema that’s so famous that even I’ve heard of it, like the horrible intro VO in Dark City, or the decision to populate a moon with adorable red pandas instead of the grizzly bears that were originally planned.

—Patrick

Greedy Ferengi haven't been interesting villains since TNG and then, JUST BARELY. Fuck you Voyager. Christ almighty.
This is literally a throwback to the episode with Geordie and these same two Ferengi on TNG. They got trapped behind a wormhole trying to fuck him over and ended up where Voyager finds them. Yes, the concept didn't age well, but I appreciated them actually picking up that story thread and trying to do something with it.

This is literally a throwback to the episode with Geordie and these same two Ferengi on TNG. They got trapped behind a wormhole trying to fuck him over and ended up where Voyager finds them. Yes, the concept didn't age well, but I appreciated them actually picking up that story thread and trying to do something with it.
No, I'm talking about the season 7 episode with the ferengi that hijack Barclay's hologram to steal borg nanoprobes. I liked the follow up to the next gen episode.

No, I'm talking about the season 7 episode with the ferengi that hijack Barclay's hologram to steal borg nanoprobes. I liked the follow up to the next gen episode.
Oh right... that one sucks. I mean, Barclay saves it from being a TERRIBLE episode, but that's just a dumb turn with the Ferengi.

Barclay should have never been in Starfleet. Let alone an officer. He would have failed the Academy entrance exams.

I love Barclay. He's the only sane person on any ship he's on and about the only major character whose flaws have any serious impact on their lives. I'm tired of EVERY Starfleet officer being made of iron and not breaking down when shit like being turned into a spider happens to them.

He's the only sane person on any ship he's on and about the only major character whose flaws have any serious impact on their lives.
When any other Starfleet engineer “tries something,” you feel like what they are “trying” is from a point-and-click adventure game standpoint, where you just jam in all the items in your inventory one by one, sure that one of them will be the one that completes your quest. But when Barclay tries something, his attitude looks more genuinely IDontKnowIfThisIsReallyWhatIShouldBeDoingButIDontReallyHaveManyOtherChoicesSoMaybeYouShouldHoldOntoSomething than those other guys.

—Patrick

What definition of "sane" are you using?
In the idea that he seems like the only person on-board bothered by the strange shit that ship constantly encounters. In the real world, a single tour of duty on the U.S.S. Enterprise should have given EVERYONE onboard PTSD within 6 months.

I feel like reading on Harry Kim that his constant embarrassing pathetic misadventures might have a little to do with racism on the part of those in charge. Considering his character was the one supposed to be axed after the introduction of Seven of Nine and that he is the ONLY actor in Star Trek to ever be denied the chance to direct an episode after requesting to do so. Asian actors have always gotten short shrift in Hollywood and have faced IMMENSE behind the scenes racism and I'm guessing Garret Wang is no exception.
I heard him speak at a con maybe 10 years ago, from the sounds of it Voyager had a lot of behind the scenes meetings between actors and the writers, with some people getting their requests met consistently and some...not. It was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that there were a lot of things he would've liked to do that he never got a chance to because he wasn't a favourite of the people in charge.

There's not having everything you want and literally being the only main cast actor to ever request to direct and be denied.

So, I've been sleepwalking through a LOT of episodes. Season 7 is boring.

My dumb detail detector is going crazy watching the episode Workforce pt 1. Why are there so many purple benzites and non-Voyager bolians all over the place?

Last edited:
DC ELSEWORLDS

WOO-Psycho Pirate! GRANTED-I'm gonna have to wait a year to see my favorite psychic nutbar take flight, but that ending line-HOT DAMN!

South Park

Okay seriously, CAN SOMEONE GIVE MATT STONE AND TREY PARKER A GOTT-DAMN SCRIPT DOCTOR?! I mean come ON, what kinda bland ass finale was THAT?! Why not end it on something epic like Manbearpig, instead of a drawn-out fuck you to Amazon that honestly only needed to be one episode.

ALSO-weak ass excuse for not mentioning Garrison this whole season-WEAK!

Couldn't have been as bad as the anxiety episode. It is one of the most ignorant piles of shit South Park has ever perpetrated. Right up there with the alcoholic episode.

Yeah South Park just needs to stay away from the topic of mental conditions,addiction and gender all together, they do not know what they're talking about with those topics and its just embarrassing.

I feel like I mentioned this before, but in an interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone in...some magazine back in '97/'98, they were asked what they're grand plan was for the show, and they said they were "just going to keep going until they run it into the ground".

They said 20 years ago this was the plan. I don't know why anyone thinks that plan has changed.

If you cracked a new beer each time someone mentions borg technology on Voyager, you'd be stone cold drunk in two episodes max.

"We need to do something or other."

"I can enhance it's somewhat or whatever with borg technology."

Fuck, it's incredibly hard to believe that some drone cut off from the hive mind of the collective would retain the God damn knowledge of the entire borg on it's own.

AND IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.

"Seven's trying to do something."

"Lock her out."

"She's applied some borg algorithm and I can't"

HOW? IN TWO SECONDS. DID. SHE. DO. THAT?

By tapping three buttons on the nearest display probably.

If I didn't have Pokemon Let's Go in my hands as I "watch" these, I would have stopped. Season 7 is like trudging through boring molasses and the creativity has tanked. Ferengi are a problem, klingons are a problem, Q is a problem. I get it. You guys have nothing creative left.

Oh, let's do a MUCH, MUCH worse version of the episode where Data's rights are on trial, but with the Doctor!

THIS is why I like Discovery. Discovery may be playing fast and loose with established canon (no worse than Enterprise haters, come at me), but at least it feels new and different. Fuck Voyager and FUUUUUUUCK The Orville.

PS: This post started with the first sentence. Then I just kept editing it till we have this mess here.

PPS: Holy shit, I just looked up the Orville and Branon fucking Braga is one of the producers. Fuck that guy SO hard.

Last edited:
Hey, it's Lt. Carey. He's only been seen once since season 1 and that was a timey wimey episode.

And he's dead.

Next week on Voyager...THEY CRASH A SHUTTLE.

FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU.

It's the flimsiest shuttle crash premise ever.

Seven: We're late for a conference on something.

Chakotay: But forest.

Crashes shuttle into forest.

ANNIHILATES THE PRIME DIRECTIVE. Holy shit. Fuck you Janeway and Chakotay. You holier than thou pieces of shit.

Last edited:
And that's a wrap on Voyager.

With a meager little crackle, instead of a bang. I can't believe how fucking mediocre the episodes leading to the finale were. Voyager ending was a mercy killing. The ending itself was a mercy killing (AND FUCK YOU, for trying to draw parallels and invoke nostalgia to TNG's INCREDIBLE finale by having future folk all dressed up in the All Good Things future uniforms). Why didn't future starfleet try to stop Janeway's obnoxious shattering of temporal law....oh that's right, future starfleet time cops are fucking stupid and make no sense.