[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Anyone watching MODOK on Hulu? First episode wasnt hooking me, but the second was fantastic. Been taking it slow so far, don't want to binge it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Watching this Mighty Ducks Disney+ show; theyre filling their team with all the Mighty Ducks essentials: 3 white kids that can barely skate, 2 girls, a black kid, and some kind of ethnic fat kid as goalie.
"Hey guys, you know the big scene in D3 where Gordon comes in and is all "LAWYERED!" at the snobby rich people? Won't it be weird if he doesn't do it this time?"

"Kids barely know who Bombay is. Where are they going to have seen D3 anyway?"

I was irritated within 10 minutes of trying to watch the new Mighty Ducks show because I hate when TV acts like a kid being cut from a competitive team means the coach is an asshole. They even made sure to also give him asshole dialogue to drive the line home. There's a reason that little leagues have home and travel divisions. :p

"Hey guys, you know the big scene in D3 where Gordon comes in and is all "LAWYERED!" at the snobby rich people? Won't it be weird if he doesn't do it this time?"

"Kids barely know who Bombay is. Where are they going to have seen D3 anyway?"
Gordon Bombay was a high-priced lawyer, then coach of team USA, then a lawyer again, and then a successful college hockey coach? Ok but what if we made him poor and bitter again?”

figmentPez

Staff member
I've been watching "Leverage" and it dawned on me that this is the same concept as "The A-Team", they've just added a hacker to the roster of mastermind, tough guy, conman, and crazy person.

I've been watching "Leverage" and it dawned on me that this is the same concept as "The A-Team", they've just added a hacker to the roster of mastermind, tough guy, conman, and crazy person.
The upcoming sequel series (with most of the original cast!) adds a Maker (she does Drones and stuff) to the Hitter, Hacker, Thief, Grifter, and Fixer line up.

I did not know about this series (or had forgotten about it since it was a decade ago), much less that it ran for 4 seasons AND that it also has a revival in the works, but as they say...now you have my attention.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
The upcoming sequel series (with most of the original cast!)
I'm watching because of the sequel series. My mom and sister watched the original, and if I catch up in time for the new series, we'll have something to talk about. (Although I hope that won't involve my mom whining about "cancel culture" keeping Timothy Hutton from reprising his role, but that discussion belongs in the relevant thread.)

figmentPez

Staff member
Watching the second half of season 5 of Lucifer, specifically "Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam", the musical episode. Overall it was a great episode, but the music was really mixed. The short version is that whenever Tom Ellis (Lucifer) is singing, it's amazing, whenever it's someone else the results range from good to terrible. Especially bad was the version of "Another One Bites the Dust", which I would not have thought could be so low energy if I hadn't just seen it.

I hope whatever roles that Tom Ellis takes in the future will have him singing.

I just watched the first three MODOK episodes and they did nothing for me. I seriously wondered if the writers forgot what jokes are. Also, Patton Oswalt's voice is too cartoonish. I honestly think the show would have been much funnier so far with a text-to-speech in place for his voice.

I wasn't super into Jupiter's Legacy but was interested in where it might be going, even if a lot of what happened was telegraphed and the costumes and old makeup looked like hot garbage for The Union.

That said, while I'm not surprised that it got canceled, it's just another nail in Netflix's cancellation track record that just reinforces that I shouldn't watch their original stuff since it is almost always going to end up unresolved. It's not as bad here since apparently it was canceled due to poor numbers rather than just...because...like they have a few times before but still.

Last edited:
I don't think this is spoiler if you've seen any trailer for Loki, but I wonder if any of the TVA stuff is going to tie in to The Eternals, either directly or indirectly.

Started watching Sweet Tooth today. I'm 2 episodes in. They're doing a really good job so far of giving all the exposition of the world without being boring. I'm liking it so far, but look forward to moving out of this phase into more substantive fare.

I wasn't sure if I was interested in this He-Man reboot because as much as I loved it as a little kid it is just a little bit lot ridiculous isn't it? But dammit if I'm not going to have to watch it if just for Mark Hamill's Skeletor.

Picard season one was dogshit of the highest order. Literally the worst Star Trek anything. Can't wait to never watch this to find out how much lower it can go.

I say this while fondling my Eaglemoss Romulan Warbird model I keep on my desk.

I finally watched Invincible. It was a really good show and (as someone who never read the comics) I liked that:

They showed that Omni-Man was a bad guy from episode 1, since that was pretty clearly where it was heading from the start. Was nice to see them avoid the obvious.

I don't know if I'm going to catch hell for this

I've liked a bunch of the earlier CW DC stuff, Arrow was pretty cool until, I dunno, season 4,
Flash was awesome until they seemed to take a lot of FUN out of what should be associated with his character. Mark Hammil anyone?!?
DC Legends keeps me hanging on for the pure craziness
Black Lightning was tremendous.
And I actually like, so far, what they're doing with Superman & Lois story and tone wise, but the actress playing Lois . . . she just looks . . . Ill, to me. And that just kind of takes me out of it when she's on screen.

As a panacea to my wife, we have subscribed to Paramount Plus (fka CBS All-Access) - mostly so she could get her Big Brother jones on.

I knew what I was getting myself into, as I'm all too aware what else is a CBS-Viacom-Paramount property. I've only been able to watch an episode and a half of a certain series on the Lower Decks...

...and I'm really liking it, TBH.