Tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all Phil, watch this: http://www.hulu.com/watch/93994/modern-marvels-tea

Then, if you want hot tea, I would suggest getting a nice black tea. Twinnings Darjeeling Tea is quite nice. Get something that comes in tea bags though, unless you already have a tea strainer. Don't go buy a bunch of tea gear, yet. Yes, there are tons of tea pots, filters, strainers, thermometers, etc. Follow the instructions on the packet. Add sugar to taste. Add some 1/2 and 1/2, and a dash or cardamon for chai.

For sweet tea, get Lipton/Luisanne quart-size bags. Boil some water with sugar (or sugar substitute). Turn off the heat. Add the bags. Let it sit for ~ 5 min. Pour over ice and add cold water to the correct volume.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Well isn't beer just water added to some kind of plant matter that is left to basically rot?
Madam, fermentation is not 'rotting.' It is an anaerobic metabolic pathway that turns sugar into deliciousness.

I have never been much a of a tea drinker but I have been thinking about giving tea another try since it has been quite awhile. Strangely enough I am not a soda fan either I used to be but I realized I don't really like how sweet they are but I drank them cause I loved the carbonation. But I have since moved onto club soda and sparkling waters since I can get the carbonation I like without all the sugar.

M

makare

Well isn't beer just water added to some kind of plant matter that is left to basically rot?
Madam, fermentation is not 'rotting.' It is an anaerobic metabolic pathway that turns sugar into deliciousness.
When berries or juice "go bad" on accident it is rotting. If it is on purpose, it is fermentation. It's a very fine line of subjectivity.
My point was mostly to point out the silliness of not drinking leaves seeped in water but willing to drink barley or grapes that have been seeped in water and allowed to basically "go bad".

I mean remember that sauerkraut is definitely rotten cabbage. But people still eat it.

C

Chazwozel

When berries or juice "go bad" on accident it is rotting. If it is on purpose, it is fermentation. It's a very fine line of subjectivity.
My point was mostly to point out the silliness of not drinking leaves seeped in water but willing to drink barley or grapes that have been seeped in water and allowed to basically "go bad".

I mean remember that sauerkraut is definitely rotten cabbage. But people still eat it.[/QUOTE]

No, you're wrong. Stfu.

M

makare

Man, I love sauerkraut. And tea. And beer.

Yay fermentation!
I love sauerkraut too.. not on hot dogs though.

However I do have negative feelings towards it's production. My great aunt and uncle used to make it in this huge stone barrel.. IN THE HOUSE. You have never smelled such a stench.. rotten cabbage blech. It was godawful! It haunts my mind and my nasal passages. It was delicious when it was done though. I also liked the wine they made.... in that same barrel. Lol.

M

makare

You know what I just realized, ever year of my life my Uncle would make wine of some type. But I never ever saw him drink any of it after the first tasting. Then he would give it away. I know they didn't drink much but that is an odd hobby to have if you aren't going to drink it. Lol.

Oh sweet fermented memories of my childhood.

Cajungal

Staff member
It is kind of odd when people do that. The fella's dad plants tons of basil and tomatoes every summer, and he doesn't really like either of those things that much. More delicious salads for me, though. All I ever need to buy is the mozzarella. :p

M

makare

Mmm man that sounds good... hehe.

I would always taste the wine too. I never liked it but I don't like wine anyway. Everyone else said it was wonderful and off it would go to other people. Except the year it molded. Ew.

Why dont you people drink coffee like every other sane person?

Seriously though,even if I prefer coffee over tea, when i drink it I like

Hibiskus Tea

Ginger-Plum Tea

Rose Tea

M

makare

I love coffee. I especially love the kona variety. Now I want some coffee. Damn it.

I am the only one in my family who does not drink coffee. The rest of my family have to have at least a cup a day and several of them like to have 6 shot americanos.

M

makare

My sister has started "drinking" coffee because her new girlfriend drinks coffee. Unfortunately, my sister doesnt really like coffee so she makes it and then just leaves it. It starting to piss me off because I bought that coffee and it is going to waste.

Cajungal

Staff member
The one thing I'm gonna miss about this city is the coffee shop by school. They have a wide variety of coffees, and it always tastes really fresh.

It's tea time.

I actually don't like tea at all, but Iroh is awesome so I had to insert this picture.

If something you eat or drink has an actual effect on your body temperature, you need to see a doctor STAT.

If something you eat or drink has an actual effect on your body temperature, you need to see a doctor STAT.
That's not entirely true.
Ginger (and Cayenne, and some chilli peppers) have an effect on your blood that makes your skin warmer.

Yeah, well, ok, fine... being flustered cause of spice is another thing... but if you want to make yourself warmer by drinking warm things you are very deluded with how the human body works.

M

makare

I eat cayenne and my skin gets warmer but I dont react that way. Same with ginger.. real ginger anyway.

M

makare

The point isnt that some spice makes you go berserk the point is that some foods raise your body temp WITHOUT that kind of extreme reaction.

C

Chazwozel

The point isnt that some spice makes you go berserk the point is that some foods raise your body temp WITHOUT that kind of extreme reaction.
I think we've moved on past that point. You specifically asked what he meant by flustered, and got your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.