Tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I like to think there was some context for my question but whatever floats your dinghy.

C

Chazwozel

I like to think there was some context for my question but whatever floats your dinghy.

Really? It looks like a stand-alone sentence to me, having absolutely nothing to do with the context of the prior statements other than addressing a small subpoint.

M

makare

Really? It looks like a stand-alone sentence to me, having absolutely nothing to do with the context of the prior statements other than addressing a small subpoint.[/QUOTE]

I guess that shit eating has affected your eye sight too. Shame for such a young man.

An adverse reaction to the spice causes your immune system to react/be irritated/whatever and that raises your body temperature, but that's not the same as something you ingest having a direct effect on your body temperature

So... Tea! I like tea. It is all warm and yummy. Except when it is iced and yummy.

My friend brought some tea root stuff back from china where he kept making it over and over. I have no idea what it was, but he said it was good.

C

Chazwozel

Really? It looks like a stand-alone sentence to me, having absolutely nothing to do with the context of the prior statements other than addressing a small subpoint.[/QUOTE]

I guess that shit eating has affected your eye sight too. Shame for such a young man.[/QUOTE]

Let's see:

What does being flustered by spice mean?
Yup change of direction and therefore no context based in the flow of the conversation. I'm still right, and you're still an hypersensitive moron.

M

makare

hmmm on my screen, here in reality, my question about flustered came RIGHT AFTER calleja mentioned flustered. Must be different off in bizarro world.

C

Chazwozel

An adverse reaction to the spice causes your immune system to react/be irritated/whatever and that raises your body temperature, but that's not the same as something you ingest having a direct effect on your body temperature

It could if the vasodilation is large enough to get blood flowing around in various tissues at a higher rate (as seen during an immune response, but maybe less dramatic). Same reason your cheeks get flushed when you're embarrassed.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

hmmm on my screen, here in reality, my question about flustered came RIGHT AFTER calleja mentioned flustered. Must be different off in bizarro world.

Which had nothing to do with "point is that some foods raise your body temp WITHOUT that kind of extreme reaction"

Yeah, that's what I was trying to explain... it's a chemical reaction. It's not the same as drinking warm tea and expecting that to warm you up. That's just idiotic.

Or wanting ice cream to cool you down. That's even more idiotic.

M

makare

See if I don't understand what someone is saying, I ask a question about their terms for clarification and THEN continue on with the conversation with the certainty that I understand. That is what happened here. It was not a tangent it was a question about what calleja said about spice related to morphine's comment about spice related to tea. None of which had anything to do with habaneros. That was a tangent.

C

Chazwozel

Yeah, that's what I was trying to explain... it's a chemical reaction. It's not the same as drinking warm tea and expecting that to warm you up. That's just idiotic.

Or wanting ice cream to cool you down. That's even more idiotic.

Well, it'll cool your mouth and throat down...

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

See if I don't understand what someone is saying, I ask a question about their terms for clarification and THEN continue on with the conversation with the certainty that I understand. That is what happened here. It was not a tangent it was a question about what calleja said about spice related to morphine's comment about spice related to tea. None of which had anything to do with habaneros. That was a tangent.

How the hell is this going off on a tangent:

What does being flustered by spice mean?

It means when you eat a habanero pepper you start sweating like you just ran a 5k marathon.

I'm answering your question with an example.

M

makare

Yes you did. And I tried to go back to the spice people were actually talking about and made the point that the reaction does not have to be that extreme.

C

Chazwozel

Yes you did. And I tried to go back to the spice people were actually talking about and made the point that the reaction does not have to be that extreme.

Wow, you're going to be an amazing lawyer. You are a master of twisting bullshit and making a big case out of absolute garbage.

M

makare

Wow, you're going to be an amazing lawyer. You are a master of twisting bullshit and making a big case out of absolute garbage.[/QUOTE]

No I am going to be an amazing lawyer because I make sure I understand things before I state my opinion AND I continue making points related to the actual topic at hand.

figmentPez

Staff member
The heat has to go somewhere. Drink enough hot liquid, fast enough, and it'll raise your temperature. A cup of tea probably won't be enough to force your body to overheat*, but it might be enough to help warm you up if you've been out in the cold.

* in fact, the caffeine might help you cool down, stimulating blood flow.

M

makare

You understand what I meant with flustered by spice now? Ok, cool.
Yeah I did pretty much instantly which was why I was back to talking about how I dont react to spice that way. Is that cool with you?

You... do react to spice that way. Cause you're human. If you're not flustered by eating a raw habanero (DISCLAIMER: THIS IS AN EXTREME EXAMPLE USED FOR WORST-CASE-SCENARIO ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES AND IN NO WAY MEANS ALL SPICE CAUSES THAT SAME REACTION.) then you really should look into checking your immune system out.

M

makare

I specifically said cayenne and ginger. Im sure I would react that way to those peppers but that has nothing to do with morphine's examples. I don't freak out when I eat cayenne I just have that slight warming sensation. That was my entire point.

The heat has to go somewhere. Drink enough hot liquid, fast enough, and it'll raise your temperature. A cup of tea probably won't be enough to force your body to overheat*, but it might be enough to help warm you up if you've been out in the cold.

* in fact, the caffeine might help you cool down, stimulating blood flow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and if lava is forced down your gullet until if fills you up you'll probably burn too... to drink enough tea to have an actual effect on your body temperature you'd have to take a damn nearl lethal dose... cause, yes, the heat has to go somewhere but your digestive, circulatory and immune systems, at least, are designed to dissipate any type of heat OR cold your body takes.

Because, y'know, maintaining your core body temperature is KEY TO YOUR SURVIVAL.

Yeah, well, ok, fine... being flustered cause of spice is another thing... but if you want to make yourself warmer by drinking warm things you are very deluded with how the human body works.

Well, one thing is actually BEING warmer and another one FEELING warmer.
Cayenne, ginger, cinammon, peppers, anise... all increase blood flow to the surface and makes you FEEL warmer but at the same time makes you lose your heat faster so yes, technically these foods do have "an actual effect on your body temperature" but not in degrees, just in how that temperature is distributed and stored.

* in fact, the caffeine might help you cool down, stimulating blood flow.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't actually "raise" your temperature.
It's called "Thermoregulation"
The blood in your body knows all about it =)

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Dude... did you read the rest of the thread?
Not yet n_n
But I couldn't pass the opportunity of being right, not with you =)

M

makare

Morphine I vote that you were right. If you want my vote.

I think chaz was on your side too actually but it is sometimes hard to tell through the vitriol.

See very hard to tell.

C

Chazwozel

No, it doesn't actually "raise" your temperature.
It's called "Thermoregulation"
The blood in your body knows all about it =)

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Dude... did you read the rest of the thread?
Not yet n_n
But I couldn't pass the opportunity of being right, not with you =)[/QUOTE]

If you drink hot liquid you will not increase your body temperature. That's called having a fucking fever. You will feel warmer and the heat will disperse itself around the surrounding tissues and eventually dissipate throughout your body, but that's all. Now if you were a lizard...

Don't worry, I was righter.
ehm...

Morphine I vote that you were right. If you want my vote.

I think chaz was on your side too actually but it is sometimes hard to tell through the vitriol.
I believe I'm the winner, sir n_n

[

If you drink hot liquid you will not increase your body temperature. That's called having a fucking fever. You will feel warmer and the heat will disperse itself around the surrounding tissues and eventually dissipate throughout your body, but that's all. Now if you were a lizard...
That's what I just said =)
"distribution and storage" you're welcome n_n

M

makare

Ok now for something more important... is the spanish in my signature grammatically correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.