The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
We've seen all the videos of deaf people hearing sound for the first time, and their emotional responses... here's a father of 4's emotional response to hearing NOTHING for the first time.

Cleared cache, still plays. Not trolling, I think that it's a great video and the kid is adorable talking to RDJ.
Pretty sure they're talking about the Jeopardy video.

Same here, what it is it supposed to be?
Two out of three players were in the red, so final Jeopardy was just one person who got it wrong, but won, because all she had to do was not bet everything. Basically it was just the end of what was a spectacularly bad game for everyone.

Found this 2010 sitcom from Belarus called "The Theorist"

Can't put my finger on it but it look somehow familiar. (You have to activate cc to see subtitles)

Found this 2010 sitcom from Belarus called "The Theorist"

Can't put my finger on it but it look somehow familiar. (You have to activate cc to see subtitles)
Oh yeah, it DOES look familiar.

Cosby Show, right?[DOUBLEPOST=1426372332,1426372263][/DOUBLEPOST]Hee, I love this.

GasBandit

Staff member
The combination beer bong/weed bong.

Yes, simultaneously.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

On another note, was it just an old wive's tale I heard back in high school, that said never drink and toke together? Something about marijuana supressing your vomiting, so that if you drink too much your alcohol poisoning will be much worse, or potentially fatal?

On another note, was it just an old wive's tale I heard back in high school, that said never drink and toke together? Something about marijuana supressing your vomiting, so that if you drink too much your alcohol poisoning will be much worse, or potentially fatal?
Old wive's tale, unless you're really intent on binge drinking yourself into a near-comatose state. Weed will NOT suppress a vomiting reflex; however, the tobacco in joints will. It's smoking that's more likely to have that negative effect...Which is why you'll often find people who want to keep drinking to smoke - it allows you to drink more before vomiting.
The combination can make you drowsy and/or very very sick, though. Anyway, I've smoked vodka shishas with weed plenty of times; it's not all that special or unique.

The combination beer bong/weed bong.

Yes, simultaneously.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

I know marijuana has been used to treat nausea in cancer patients undergoing chemo, but I don't know if it would suppress the type of vomitting caused by alcohol poisoning.

I will say, though, that the combination can cause you to faint/pass out/become mostly unresponsive/halfway hallucinate. If you manage to drink enough before that point, you probably wouldn't turn your head to avoid choking on your vomit. However, I've seen people nearly die from not puking out vomit who I was 100% sure of hadn't done anything else but alcohol. Too much alcohol can induce a comatose state and unresponsiveness just fine on its own. Choking on your vomit is not fun, don't drink yourself to death.