The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Attention drunk chavs - do not try to rappel off your balcony.

:eek: Did I just saw a man die ?

That reminds me of the first week in my first own flat years ago. My neighbor downstairs couldn't get in his rooms and ask me if he can use my balcony to climb on his own. His first try was without any safety measurements, he was hanging on the edge with his bare hands. In his second try he wanted to use some spare cable from my satellite dish and ask me to secure him. I told him there his no way I would do that, so he ask two of my next door neighbors to help secure him and they agreed to that stunt immediately. Two guys were holding the cable while he tried to get from my balcony on his own with no success. Thankfully nothing bad happened, my neighbor had to call somebody to open his door and I hoped that I never have to deal with something like this again.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is so unbelievably stupid and a waste of resources.

(Note: I'm not in a good mood today in general.)
Well, it IS incredibly inefficient. Only a thin strip of the bubbles get popped and many more go unpoppsed. It could probably do better with a narrower spool, and some guiding rollers to make sure it gets where it needs to be in front of the bike.

Well, it IS incredibly inefficient. Only a thin strip of the bubbles get popped and many more go unpoppsed. It could probably do better with a narrower spool, and some guiding rollers to make sure it gets where it needs to be in front of the bike.
Or that spool needs to be on the front of this

GasBandit

Staff member
A star studded love letter to the WWE that serves as a 24 minute response to anyone who says "wrestling isn't real."

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, as soon as we figure out how to store enough power such that robots don't need a tender with an umbilical tether hovering over them all the time, we're going to see some seriously cool shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, the video kinda sucks, but what it's explaining is awesome.

Boeing has just patented deflector shields.

As in, Star Wars.

It doesn't protect against a direct hit, but apparently it does considerably weaken the shockwave of any nearby explosions.

GasBandit

Staff member
And nobody says, "Hey, man, this is the proper form so you don't hurt yourself."? Nah, let's take a video and post it online.
He may not know how to use it correctly, but he's damn sure got to know that's not even remotely close.