The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems to me that Fine Bros is starting to go easy on the kids. They're giving them credit for "knowing the artist" when they do things like guess Ice Cube when the answer is NWA.

GasBandit

Staff member
This musical prodigy pulls four random notes out of a hat, thinks for 60 seconds, then plays an original piano piece based on the melody of those 4 notes.

There are those people who think that music is just pretty noises.
They do not realize the direct parallels with both computer programming and mathematics.
And then you realize what's happening is that she is essentially generating an audio fractal from a given seed.
I mean, I can't do it myself, since I can barely play piano as it is, but I can certainly see what's going on.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, there's makeup, and then there's this. When does makeup go too far? I'd say about the time "prosthetic noses and chins" come into play.

I found a Youtube channel that has a Hip Hop Artist listening to other music for the first time. It is really fun watching someone fall in love with Queen and Pink Floyd...

Could have sworn that got posted to the GIF thread a while back.
Also I know that you and I already discussed a post I made on cosmetics, even though it likely predates this forum.

@sixpackshaker Yeah that guy’s first exposure to Bohemian Rhapsody made reddit’s front page and brought him many views.

—Patrick

Why didn't someone think of this sooner?

(yes I know it's from many years ago, but it's new to me)
Oh, and also there are 4 more (so far).
NSFW language, as would be expected.

--Patrick

I admit, it took me a an actual minute to notice.
Everything I have ever read/seen about the cover is peak internet.

The first time I heard it on the radio, I thought I was crazy. "Is that 'Africa'? Who did this? And why is it on Alt. radio?". Then I went down the rabbit hole to find out, and...it has become the strangest gift that keeps on giving.

The first time I heard it on the radio, I thought I was crazy. "Is that 'Africa'? Who did this? And why is it on Alt. radio?". Then I went down the rabbit hole to find out, and...it has become the strangest gift that keeps on giving.

No fair, PMJ & Scott Bradlee blow pretty much everything out of the water.

Except Weird Al. Nothing beats Weird Al.

...ohmigod, if PMJ covered a Weird Al song and Al actually performed on it...

The whole back and forth about it has been great.
I think the most surprising thing about this trailer is how late 70's/early 80's the character designs look.
Also it feels weird hearing the voices, because while they're not the voices I remember from the movie (nor even people trying to sound like the voices from the movie), they're exactly the sort of voices I expect to hear in anime from that particular character's ... archetype? I guess?
Or that. That is....a thing that happened, too.
Not even the first time it has happened, either.

--Patrick

Last edited: