The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Oh lord no.

Unfortunately shipping between is like that. I see American items on Amazon.ca that are like 25.99 for a 4 dollar item.

I don't say this lightly, but they are legitimately the best tasting dill pickle anything outside of an actual, good quality dill pickle.

I've heard this enough that I was gonna break down and make a tik tok account and add a duo to it.
Unfortunately--I just looked up the sheet music, and it's in 3 flats. Assuming that's the key signature everyone's singing/playing it, it's unsuitable for the whistle. Sad day.
Dang, I was looking forward to this exact thing, too. I did verify that the TikTok version IS in the same exact key as the Longest Johns version, though I did not verify whether that key is C Minor (I don't have perfect pitch and I'm at work). Couldn't you pitch-shift the video down a half-step into B Minor to compensate while you add your track (assuming a D whistle), and then pitch-shift your recorded track up a half-step (making it C Minor) so you can fit it back into the corpus?

Also:

--Patrick

Dang, I was looking forward to this exact thing, too. I did verify that the TikTok version IS in the same exact key as the Longest Johns version, though I did not verify whether that key is C Minor (I don't have perfect pitch and I'm at work). Couldn't you pitch-shift the video down a half-step into B Minor to compensate while you add your track (assuming a D whistle), and then pitch-shift your recorded track up a half-step (making it C Minor) so you can fit it back into the corpus?

Also:

--Patrick
I have done that kind of thing before, but I'm not a whiz at it. Too much work ;)

I have done that kind of thing before, but I'm not a whiz at it. Too much work ;)
Depending on your DAW, It'd probably go like this:
-Play TikTok version aloud and record it into DAW.
-Tell DAW to pitch-shift TikTok track down a half-step.
-Record your own track(s)/videos/whatever played against the shifted TikTokTrak until you get a take you're happy with.
[**If you don't care about the fact that it's now shifted, you can stop here. Otherwise...**]
-Bounce the audio of your takes to a single track (if necessary)
-Tell DAW to pitch shift your track up a half-step.
-Replace the audio in your video with the shifted audio from the DAW.

It's not really that complicated of a process...unless it's something you do so rarely that it's a big hassle. But if you can set up an Internet jam session, then I'm pretty sure you possess the required skills. ;)

--Patrick