The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

I like this guy's take on Star Trek and was kind of disappointed he dropped off doing episode by episode breakdowns of new series. Now I see why, I'm pretty sure feels the same way I do about the current state of Star Trek.

Full Disclosure - This is 100% a genuine Rickroll:

...but it's soooo smooooth now that it has been upscaled and interpolated into glorious 4K/60fps.

--Patrick

Full Disclosure - This is 100% a genuine Rickroll:

...but it's soooo smooooth now that it has been upscaled and interpolated into glorious 4K/60fps.

--Patrick
I still have to ask, what, 30+ years later?, who on that video crew thought it was a good idea to make Rick dance like someone's grandpa at a wedding? The same awkward shimmy over and over. Just... just let the poor man sing.

I still have to ask, what, 30+ years later?, who on that video crew thought it was a good idea to make Rick dance like someone's grandpa at a wedding? The same awkward shimmy over and over. Just... just let the poor man sing.
You don't understand. They didn't make him, they couldn't stop him! They tried but couldn't get a single shot of him not doing his white boy dance. You can't hold the Astley down, he was born to dance awkwardly.

GasBandit

Staff member
"Rick Astley is a pantywaist
Mash my butt into his face
He's a teeny tiny two inches of terror
And they are gonna scare ya."

-Mojo Nixon

fade

Staff member
FYI Amen, Brother by The Winstons--specifically that section of beats--is the all-time most sampled song.

fade

Staff member
My son is the one who sent me that video. He has become a pretty good electronic musician. He is 17 now, but has been practicing for several years. He knows more about signal processing now than some of my grad students did. He doesn't "just" loop samples. He designs the sounds, which can be quite involved, then plays the melodies and manipulates any samples he uses. This is one of my favorite songs by my son: