The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member
the best part is when she raises her hand to stifle a laugh and you see the wedding ring. she must have a sense of humor, I mean she married him!
There's more to the video at the original tiktok, she starts off explaining that he, her husband, made the mistake ONCE of using mentholated soap to wash his ass and it burned like crazy. And now he sings that song every single time he showers.

GasBandit

Staff member
For all the rest of you who, like me, were kids in the 80s and can't get enough 80s nostalgia, I heartily recommend the Toy Galaxy youtube channel.

I've been binging their historical videos about such things as Lazer Tag, Dungeons and Dragons (the animated show), MASK, and so much more.

figmentPez

Staff member
For all the rest of you who, like me, were kids in the 80s and can't get enough 80s nostalgia, I heartily recommend the Toy Galaxy youtube channel.

I've been binging their historical videos about such things as Lazer Tag, Dungeons and Dragons (the animated show), MASK, and so much more.
I like the obscure stuff, like Captain Power, Sectaurs, or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Some of those have really fascinating back stories of how they came to be, or why they failed.

GasBandit

Staff member
The one about Captain N was interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that why he was not Captain Nintendo, and why none of the characters looked like their actual IPs, was because the show was trying to pull a "we don't ever SAY the word Nintendo, and nobody LOOKS like the established video game characters, so you CAN'T say it's just an advertisement, Senator!"

I used to watch Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and I only remember that one episode was about mirages. From Captain Power I remember an episode about the bad guys making a new robot that didn't fly.
I loved Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I still have my books about them stored downstairs. For the longest time I felt like I was the only one who remembered the show. (I was mad the vechile toys didn't come with actual characters from the show, just some vague, tan person.)

GasBandit

Staff member
I loved Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. I still have my books about them stored downstairs. For the longest time I felt like I was the only one who remembered the show. (I was mad the vechile toys didn't come with actual characters from the show, just some vague, tan person.)
I even had Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors coloring books and stuff. It was badass. Or was it a regular book I just colored in?

Anyway, one of the snippets that is forever stuck in my head for no reason without context is "One day, a man named Herc Stormsailor made a loud landing." It was in the book!

figmentPez

Staff member
I like the obscure stuff, like Captain Power, Sectaurs, or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. Some of those have really fascinating back stories of how they came to be, or why they failed.
I'd completely forgotten that Robo Force existed, and that I owned one of these:
RoboCruiser _ Robo Force.JPG

This thing was so damn stupid. It was battery powered, but used a balloon to turn it on. A little plastic "air bot" (a cheap plastic bellows) inflated the balloon but all that did was press a switch triggering the electric motor.

I even had Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors coloring books and stuff. It was badass. Or was it a regular book I just colored in?

Anyway, one of the snippets that is forever stuck in my head for no reason without context is "One day, a man named Herc Stormsailor made a loud landing." It was in the book!
These were storybooks, not coloring books:

20210329_151043.jpg
Somehow I ended up with 2 copies of "The Adventures Begin".

My ringtone is the intro song for that show.