The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerd up! Not only did I discover that one of my sharing libraries has the entire Y: The Last Man series, so I can finally finish it, my lovely wife is out of town, which means I've got a date with a Zombieland Blu-Ray this evening.

Tomorrow morning, I'll start the first part of an eleven hour flight.

Destination : Hawaii.

I'll be there for over a week.

I might not return.

I would never make it as a journalist. I always feel like I'm bothering people when I talk to them, and I always say something stupid.

But besides that, I had a decent night. The university's literacy group sponsored a talk about Haiti, and the three presenters were:
1) a professor of anthropology from the university who spent some time doing research in Haiti (mostly medical anthropology with regards to birthrates and fertility)
2) a freelance journalist who went to Haiti two weeks after the earthquake to get a picture of things on the ground
3) a nurse who has done several stints in northern Haiti, but post-earthquake did some logistics stuff in Jacmel.

I got all three of their email addresses, despite the fact that I felt like I was irritating them. It's probably all in my head. The journalist seemed pretty eager to help me out, and at one point asked me what paper I wrote for. I half embarrassedly admitted that I was just taking a personal interest. Then he asked what I was studying at the university, which prompted to give him my 'extended sabbatical' line.

I'm still not certain that anything will come of these emails, and I'm quite frankly losing hope about this Haiti thing, but I figure I'll keep soldiering on for at least another few weeks before I give up completely.

I would never make it as a journalist. I always feel like I'm bothering people when I talk to them, and I always say something stupid.

But besides that, I had a decent night. The university's literacy group sponsored a talk about Haiti, and the three presenters were:
1) a professor of anthropology from the university who spent some time doing research in Haiti (mostly medical anthropology with regards to birthrates and fertility)
2) a freelance journalist who went to Haiti two weeks after the earthquake to get a picture of things on the ground
3) a nurse who has done several stints in northern Haiti, but post-earthquake did some logistics stuff in Jacmel.

I got all three of their email addresses, despite the fact that I felt like I was irritating them. It's probably all in my head. The journalist seemed pretty eager to help me out, and at one point asked me what paper I wrote for. I half embarrassedly admitted that I was just taking a personal interest. Then he asked what I was studying at the university, which prompted to give him my 'extended sabbatical' line.

I'm still not certain that anything will come of these emails, and I'm quite frankly losing hope about this Haiti thing, but I figure I'll keep soldiering on for at least another few weeks before I give up completely.
Working as a journalist, I discovered most people will be happy to give you info if you ask them, even when you feel you are bothering them, and even help you with stuff you feel nervous aboust asking. (And, as a shy person, I can tell you that most of the time I felt like I kept saying stupid stuff and bothering people... This shyness was also the main reason I decided to stop working as a journalist.)

And thus, the longest dry period known to man (5-6 years) did come to an end.

And goddamn was is a good cardio workout. *grin!*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a "Walking on Sunshine" to sing.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

In other words:

fade

Staff member
Congrats.

I tried to find a youtube clip of Chris Elliot in Cabin Boy, standing triumphantly, yelling, "THESE PIPES....ARE CLEAN!!".

But I failed.

fade

Staff member

Stupid edited version. She only "sings" when she's on top? Never heard the edit. It's she only "comes" when she's on top.

I can't help but hear Nick's post being read in a thick baritone over the beginning of that piece.

"And thus, the longest dry spell ... "

[halforums hall mirror]

[/halforums hall mirror]

Goin' to a ball. How do I look, Halforums?

(Hint: I already know the answer. I posted in the epic win thread, after all.)

I don't suspect that any dry spells will be broken here in the Kingdom of Rob King (I'm a bit slow ... and shy ... and I think that she might be one of these 'saving it for marriage' types anyhow), but it should be a good time all the same.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Comb your hair and there will be women swarming all over you :p

Also, the parents brought the combined birthday/belated Christmas present today: a spanking new LCD flat-screen TV to replace the crappy hand-me-down from the mid-90s. The image quality is so good it makes even the third season of Heroes look good.

P

Philosopher B.

And thus, the longest dry period known to man (5-6 years) did come to an end.

And goddamn was is a good cardio workout. *grin!*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a "Walking on Sunshine" to sing.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

In other words:

Status
Not open for further replies.