The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

I think I might have finally found the niche in my job where I can actually excel and show them what I can do.
They need someone to delete files without backing them up, then credibly blame it on highly advanced old age? :p

(but congrats, that must be a nice feeling)

Dave

Staff member
He's fine. On another day it might have stung a little but today? Today I'm just fine.

It's like everything here has snapped into focus. I've frankly been afraid for my job since they moved me to this position. And now I see that they took their sweet-assed time to get moving and I'm actually a valued member of the team.

He's fine. On another day it might have stung a little but today? Today I'm just fine.

It's like everything here has snapped into focus. I've frankly been afraid for my job since they moved me to this position. And now I see that they took their sweet-assed time to get moving and I'm actually a valued member of the team.
Then I'll make him stand in the corner for another reason. :unibrow:

I'm so very happy for you. <hugs> :heart:

Dave

Staff member
Hey now, I never say something like that to sting, just as some mild riffing as one might do with a Great Old One....I mean, beloved family member.
Oh I know, but when it's all you hear all the time, sometimes it's tiresome. But that's a me thing, not a you thing.

Oh I know, but when it's all you hear all the time, sometimes it's tiresome. But that's a me thing, not a you thing.
Yeah, that's why you rarely hear that from me anymore. Frosty Susan taught me good natured ribbing can go too far . . . and that the Beatles are overrated.

sometimes it's tiresome. But that's a me thing
Around here, once you get known for something, the rest of the forum will beat you over the head with it. It’s what happens...until you explicitly tell them to stop. Sometimes a bit longer.

—Patrick

And just remember, Owl Boy, there are some on here who are only a few years removed from Dave. (Yes, as in single digit years.)

I'm pretty hard on myself and don't think I deserved to get the job I've managed to fall face first into. That said, I try my hardest to make them not realize their mistake. So this was nice to get from my boss today.

Kyle_Nidoff_s_Bonus.png

It's a stark contrast from my previous superiors and roles in terms of recognition. Been a great change and I'm looking at decent raise in the new year, a nice bonus and for the first time since I started working after moving out West, 10 days off around Christmas.

Dave

Staff member
Usually the response to that is we don't need a football team as we have a sniper team, but this year the top USMC team got 10th. The winners were the Army Rangers and second place was the Colorado Army National Guard!

*Clears throat*

-Dave's so old, you guys!
-How old is he?
-Old enough that when he was young, these jokes were fresh and original!

Corner (and party), here I come!

*Clears throat*

-Dave's so old, you guys!
-How old is he?
-Old enough that when he was young, these jokes were fresh and original!

Corner (and party), here I come!
Yeah, you and @Gruebeard head over that way. I'll be there as soon as I get my instruments of tort... I mean, party toys. Party toys for everyone!