The NHL Thread 09-10 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Qonas

Oh shiiiiit, the Mighty Fucks are called out. But they're not 'Mighty' now, remember, they're just Fucks.

Original Six is overrated.
No, the Original Six is hockey. As a hockey fan, I don't want to watch my Red Wings in a game against friggin' Columbus or a arena-half-filled no-enthusiasm Atlanta or Phoenix team. That does absolutely nothing for the game, as those teams have no history, no passion, and no real meaning other than filler so Bettman can say the NHL is "expanded". Detroit/Toronto was THE hockey rivalry for this town, along with Detroit/Chicago. That's now been killed and long dead thanks to this over-expanding nonsense, and we only just got Chicago back because the cheap-ass owner died. I don't want energy-less, tradition-less, going-through-the-motions hockey. I want the teams of Howe, Orr, Esposito, Sawchuk, Stanley, Hull, Mikita to battle it out as the banners above them reflect the triumphs of seasons past. In the mid-90s, the NHL was poised to surpass the NBA in popularity. The game was right there. Instead Bettman waffled on cracking down on the Devils' game-killing trap and then expanded, diluting the product through spreading out talent and giving television viewers the absolutely thrilling draw of a Florida vs Atlanta. Ugh.

Hell, Carolina and Nashville shouldn't even have a team right now and their fans are awesome!

I'll feel better about it once my Wild get done kicking the bejeezus out of your merry band of dipshits tonight. :D
I just checked the standings. Looks like you guys could use a win. Have fun losing to the moose tonight.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Haha

Wild just let Darcy Hordichuk score.

Q

Qonas

Spezza, GW goal. Phaneuf, GW goal. Excuse me while I go take a bath in the day's fantasy points. :D

I'm going to go watch the Hurricanes play Toronto tonight. I'm saddened that I'm looking forward to a close, exciting game.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS *sob*

Q

Qonas

Oh, did they find Kessel's consciousness after that hellacious hit laid upon him? :D

I'm going to go watch the Hurricanes play Toronto tonight. I'm saddened that I'm looking forward to a close, exciting game.

WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS *sob*
Just console yourself with the fact that you have won a Stanley cup in the years since 1967.

Q

Qonas

Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Osgood!!! Pulled 5 minutes into the first period one night for giving up 4 goals, come back with a shutout, then give up 5 more!

Dang they just retired his number this season. Thought that happened ages ago.

My nuckleheads take on the blues tonight. Still playing with a skeleton crew so It will be interesting if nothing else.

Canucks 1
Blues 6

Glad I was working instead of watching this. It's official my week can't get any worse.

A

Armadillo

The Wild beat the Leafs 5-2. Beating the Leafs isn't too much to be excited about, though.

A

Armadillo

The Wild beat the Leafs 5-2. Beating the Leafs isn't too much to be excited about, though.
Fuck you, some of us would have been very happy to beat the Leafs last night :hurt:[/QUOTE]

So right now, we're discussing the worst, 2nd worst, and 3rd worst teams in the league. Goddamn NHL.

EDIT: The Wild have surged to FOURTH worst in the league! YEE-HAA!!!

Heading to the Kings @ Hurricanes game tonight. Eric Staal out for 2-4 weeks, Cam Ward out for 3-4 weeks minimum, and one of our top defensemen is sitting out tonight due to illness.

What a season.

Q

Qonas

Funny, some of us have absolutely no trouble beating....nay, HUMILIATING...every hockey pundit's favorite team in the San Jose Sharks.

I'm talking about the Red Wings.

The Red Wings consistently beat the Sharks.

Q

Qonas

The Wings' march to the injured reserve is still right on pace. Ugh.

Damn you Juri Hudler! :angryfist: Oh and damn Kenny Holland, the greatest GM in all of sports. We should've made a play for Bouwmeester, our defense is wretched.

C

Chazwozel

the Predators' march to the Stanley Cup is still going fairly well.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

YES!!!!!

Hurricanes just one their first road game of the season. Against the PENS!

I'll tell you Billy Guerin is probably the greatest mid-season deadline purchase in NHL history though. He really stuck it out.

Q

Qonas

It`s Ok, Habs at one point had 29M of salary cap on IR.

Everyone's getting hurt.
Everyone's getting hurt is right. I'm just waiting for the "Zetterberg injures knee, Detroiters kill themselves" bit'o'news.

And what the hell has happened to the Habs?? Last game I watched the Leafs just moidered (not murdered, this was moider) them. Good lord.

They then murdered the next 2 opponents. Habs were playing with 6 minor league players at a point and all their "subs". It was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.