Export thread

The Random Crap Thread 2: It Hits the Fan.

Limit: 500

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Following the tradition begun by fade, this thread is for things you think aren't important enough to warrant their own thread, but you'd still like to tell 'em.

In my case, I just fricking love bureaucracy, especially when it comes to getting into government programs that are meant to promote newly-graduated employment. Apparently I'm not eligible to get a "First Chance" card (basically the state would give some money to my first employer for up to 10 months) unless I quit the job I took because I'd rather do some work than sit on my ass and collect the dole. Apparently it makes sense to them that an MA with a license to teach English works as a telemarketer...

Wahad

Wahad

Some trainwreck threads are amazing.

[quote="Something Awful'']I got back together, sort of, with an ex. I think we pretty much knew that it was just going to be for sex and that was fine. I didn't want or need a boyfriend. Especially not one that was him.

We get as far as him unbuttoning my dress and he comes out with:

'I can't. It's like trying to gently caress Anne Frank.'

Cockblocked by Hitler? I still haven't figured that one out..[/quote]

I'm a terrible man, but I laughed so hard. For the record, this was from a ''what deal killers have you experienced in dates'' thread.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's wrong with Anne Frank? Besides her status as the innocent face of Holocaust victims and being jailbait, I mean?

Oh God, I just called Anne Frank jailbait, didn't I? I'm so dead now.

Wahad

Wahad

Probably because he was against jews or something? I dunno.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It still sounds weird to me. I mean, Golda Meir I'd understand, 'cause she looks damn ugly, but Anne Frank?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

NR, if you had the chance, would you do Anne Frank?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If she were a little older... sixteen's a little too young for my taste. Plus, it would be kinda creepy for various reasons, including my niece being sixteen and the sudden resurrection of a long-dead little Jewish Dutch girl.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Seeing that last post, I thought I'd accidentally clicked on the Truth or Dare thread.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Also it's kinda creepy.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Well, it seemed like you were wondering why Anne Frank would be a turn-off.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Well, it seemed like you were wondering why Anne Frank would be a turn-off.
I still wonder, because such expressions as the one above are usually related to someone really fugly, like Courtney Love or Cher or Gwyneth Paltrow with her neck out. Anne Frank's kinda cute.

Philosopher B.

If she were a little older... sixteen's a little too young for my taste. Plus, it would be kinda creepy for various reasons, including my niece being sixteen and the sudden resurrection of a long-dead little Jewish Dutch girl.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna make an Icarus joke, but sixteen is like 'ugly old biatch' in Icarus Years.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... So wrong....

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

This video took two points from my intelligence and sanity. Watch if you dare!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You all have problems.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

A foul corruption of the delightful moppet Flandre's theme...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:sneaky: Buttofucco :sneaky:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

A foul corruption of the delightful moppet Flandre's theme...
We have so much to discuss.

Krisken

Krisken

Wasabi Poptart

I want a God Helmet.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"Oh, that's the problem. I forgot to put pants back on."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Google translate:

Come, little ones, and let me tell the story ... such as my mind recalls half asleep.

Cap. 1

Wondering whether to go to Caprabo at that time, thinking that maybe I left over time, I stayed a while at home. Good strategy, for few seconds later my father went down to buy something or other for dinner ... And, following the basic safety tips when going to the house of a girl, but had no need to use them, thought Nacho buy what he called "extras." And I did not want to give explanations when I meet with my father and younger sister at the supermarket, especially because, for the same reason, he said he was going to dinner "with people of the master's house one of them.
The lambrusco left me free, paid for my father, but I was very angry about marginal issues unrelated to the story, so I went with a little more time than you should. It had to lose, which I did, but the case is already in the neighborhood for half an hour before the agreed she calls me and tells me to go later that the tattoo is taking longer than expected.
I did time in a nasty bar run by a Chinese, I passed a pharmacy and let it go because of the risk to see me as they returned home, and finally got home.

Cap. 2

The beginning was promising: I was loving, he showed me the tattoo (which is not as bad as I thought, but is yet to convince me to finish: it is different from meeting a girl and discover a discreet tattoo on the back or something like that to know someone with a tattoo on the basis of the size of a donut, but that's another story must be told another time) and shows me his room. Meticulously. With awkward pauses. That made me cool.

I take your "storage-dispatch" to see the video that has been set for work on Monday, greeting his mother and sister, we settled a bit ... Not a bad start. He sits beside me on the sofa, there are occasional faint touch ...
Oh, and his mother and sister were very good company to see Buffy.

The fact is that the mother leaves, after making a typical mother and try to overfeed, and his sister alone "is going to stay a while (until 3:30 / 4:00). It's nice, Buffy is not as bad as I remembered, sister lie down on the floor and Yas on the couch ... with feet pointing towards me. > _ <
After a while, he redirected his head toward me, and I leaned as much as is humanly possible. It does not work, there are cushions for middle. And it's the sister. "When will be different, I think," now there is no possibility of intimacy. "
Yes it was different.

Cap 3 (and change of tense and for good)

A sister which cleared the ground, Yas was directly, leaving me on the sofa. I lay down, so we had the heads more or less the same axis, and I thought if acaricides head like a faithful dog, but he was as rare. And besides, which saw my hand floating around (but for my pose upon lying down, was not to do anything orbiting), began as a shrink.
Sick of this situation where we were at two different levels, (and seeing that the thing ended, since it was sleeping moments) decided that tb I Lay her on the floor. I'm a little matter to lie down beside her ... And I swear, is gradually moving away from me!
Finally, there is very tired, clearly tells me as I half check / goodbye in a hurry. I give him chocolate before going to sleep, which I reserved for, well, when they went to sleep *, I appreciate it, but goodbye. Two more correct kisses and greetings from the balcony, but not because I am a posh blind the lamppost that stands between the balcony and my eyes.

I get lost and just taking a taxi.

* Or to bed> _> <_ <

("Two kisses on the cheek, of course)

Null

Null

I hereby move that the 3rd edition of this thread be subtitled "The Crappening"

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Also, Silver Jelly's girl is apparently a guy to Google.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

GOOGLE, WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T??

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Wait, almost everything!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Wait, almost everything![/QUOTE]

The secret of man's red fire.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The secret of man's red fire.[/QUOTE]

Oh Louie, you nut.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

The secret of man's red fire.[/QUOTE]

I will now sing a song.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Gusto

Gusto

I have several sheets of paper downstairs in the "studio" stained and labeled with various household polar solvents. I wanna see if any of them can provide a cheaper alternative to mineral spirits for the sake of oil painting.

...I may have poisoned myself.

Denbrought

Denbrought

This song, or the whole CD it's on in fact, stuck in my heaaaad. It's poison, oh sweet sweet poison.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

figmentPez

figmentPez

The blog "This is Why You're Fat" disappeared from the interwebs a few weeks ago, and rumors about the reason are finally starting to surface. Allegedly it went down due to a spat between the blog's creators. Allegedly Richard Blakeley plead guilty to harassment of co-blogger and former girlfriend Jessica Amason, and deleted all the content of the blog in spite. Whatever the truth, TIWYF is in limbo and a new blog has stepped up to fill the void: This Is Why You're Huge.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I was looking for the thread in wich the new forum features were announced and discussed to say that the first time I got rep, I knew from who it was, even if he hadn't written any comments. The second time I got a comment but I can't find who it's from...

But that's probably just me being me, because I can't find the thread either! XD

Frank

Frankie Williamson

That God damn song still brings a fucking tear to my eye.

Krisken

Krisken

What was the comment Silver Jelly?

If it was something like "I don't really approve or disapprove of the post, I just thought you should have more than X Reputation :) ", I'm guilty.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

What was the comment Silver Jelly?

If it was something like "I don't really approve or disapprove of the post, I just thought you should have more than X Reputation :) ", I'm guilty.
It was you then! Awesome! Han Solo gave me... oh. It's just Krisken.

;P

Krisken

Krisken

::kicks a can and mumbles:: Dag gummit, I like me!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Kriskens: The self-aware snack that feels really good about itself. NOW IN PEPPERCORN RANCH!

Rob King

Rob King

I got hired on for an extra 32 hours this weekend. It means I won't be able to hang out with friends, or properly go for lunch with dad on Father's day (he'll be in town) but it'll make a nice fat contribution to my 'getting out of this place' fund.

Morphine

Morphine

Too bad this father's day I'm going to be getting very very sick and won't be able to leave the house. Resentmentitis I think it's called.

Disconnected

Frank swears a lot

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I was looking for the thread in wich the new forum features were announced and discussed to say that the first time I got rep, I knew from who it was, even if he hadn't written any comments. The second time I got a comment but I can't find who it's from...

But that's probably just me being me, because I can't find the thread either! XD
It happenned again... Where can I see what people are reputating me... WAIT a second, somebody bought me a custom title too!

Now I feel watched...
>_>
<_<

Cajungal

Cajungal

*wrings hands*

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Heehee, anyway, you'll get a notification when you're repped. Just follow it and scroll ALL the way down. You'll see what people have repped you for and any comments they might have included.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

>_>
<_<

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Wasn't me.

Krisken

Krisken

haha, that title is AWESOME!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'd love to know who switched mine.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

It's nice that nobody cares enough to switch mine.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh God make this Tweet bubble go away. I have no use for Twitter and honestly don't care about it. Please don't make these little eyesores like cracked.com does.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Man, you really shouldn't say things like that.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Man, you really shouldn't say things like that.[/QUOTE]

Call me: Allen, who is a Baiting Master

figmentPez

figmentPez

WAIT a second, somebody bought me a custom title too!
Guilty. I've been having a lot of fun with other people's user title's lately. Mostly people who didn't have anything.

Makare got "Freckles in the Sun" but has since changed it
Calleja got "Froggy Went a Courtin'" because of his monogamy thread, but it's now gone
LittleSin got some quotation marks in her user title.
Bhamv3 got some misinformation.

All were meant to be fun and goofy.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Man, you really shouldn't say things like that.[/QUOTE]

Call me: Allen, who is a Baiting Master[/QUOTE]
I changed it to "noisier than advertised" but someone's already changed it again. Those jerks!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Well, you do have 4,000 free HalBucks to spend for posting the 400,000th post! :D
Bwuh? You mean that wasn't payment for all my hard work in the Good Cosplay threads? :humph:

Morphine

Morphine

I don't know who bought me my custom title but I've left it there for their personal amusement. I'm nice, you see.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I don't know who bought me my custom title but I've left it there for their personal amusement. I'm nice, you see.
=GNAP!=

LittleSin

LittleSin

WAIT a second, somebody bought me a custom title too!
Guilty. I've been having a lot of fun with other people's user title's lately. Mostly people who didn't have anything.

Makare got "Freckles in the Sun" but has since changed it
Calleja got "Froggy Went a Courtin'" because of his monogamy thread, but it's now gone
LittleSin got some quotation marks in her user title.
Bhamv3 got some misinformation.

All were meant to be fun and goofy.[/QUOTE]

So It was you! Thanks for the laugh!

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have just discovered that the company shirt I am wearing, despite the presence of a t-shirt underneath, predominantly displays my nipples. I suddenly feel like I'm in a Joel Schumacher movie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Usually shy and solitary, the rare and beautiful Funnus Sizeus comes out of hiding to attract a mate. He is the only mammal we know of whose nipples stick out more than an inch. A female approaches...and.... denied. Better luck next time, Funnus.

Fun Size

Fun Size

She should have been wearing the safety goggles I guess.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Me "Your price is $166,000 apiece."
Coworker "Thats good!"
Me "With a 28 week delivery on each"
Coworker "Thats bad."
Me "You get a free hat with every order!"
Coworker "Thats good!"
Me "The hats are made with potassium benzoate."

Sometimes Fridays are just awesome.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Fun Size

Fun Size

Denbrought has just become my new favorite forumite.

David

David

Why do parmesian cheese and comet cleaner both come in incredibly similar-looking green tube containers? That seems like a deadly but hilarious mix-up waiting to happen.

Cajungal

Cajungal

HAAAAAAAaaaahahahah! Denden is funny.

Ross

Ross

*Pops into thread*

*reads the last few replies*

*Tears of laughter*

Rob King

Rob King

Congress weekend. It's the big Salvation Army congress in the province that happens every so many years, except this year the General (the leader of the Salvation Army internationally) is the guest. It's a pretty big deal. I got hired on for extra hours to drive the band's equipment around the city. I didn't get home until 2 last night. I got up again at 7. I am very tired.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have combined my love of LOLCats with my hatred of Quest Doritos. Squeeeee!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Quest Doritos?

Krisken

Krisken

Wow. I don't think I have the cajones to eat something which is basically labeled "Mystery flavor".

Fun Size

Fun Size

Quest Doritos?
Yep. When I first heard about it I was appalled, and declared that if I found them I would buy an extra bag to warn others that just because you can do something does not make it a good idea.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Mountain Dew flavored Doritos
What in the fucking fuck?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'd love to know who switched mine.

Missed this comment. That would be me, cherie. *raised eyebrow; cue dramatic fanfare*

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Mountain Dew flavored Doritos
What in the fucking fuck?
Seconded...... now I want Doritos....

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*glances at User Title* Oh HELL NAW!

drifter

drifter

Pretty effin' sweet

More here

Cajungal

Cajungal

Love it, Officer.

figmentPez

figmentPez

ThinkGeek.com got a 12 page cease-and-desist letter from the National Pork Board demanding that they stop using the slogan "the new white meat" in their advertising of a product.

The item in question: Canned Unicorn Meat... one of ThinkGeek's fictional April Fool's Day products.

:laugh: :rofl:

General Specific

General Specific

ThinkGeek.com got a 12 page cease-and-desist letter from the National Pork Board demanding that they stop using the slogan "the new white meat" in their advertising of a product.

The item in question: Canned Unicorn Meat... one of ThinkGeek's fictional April Fool's Day products.

:laugh: :rofl:
http://www.halforums.com/forum/t13905/

figmentPez

figmentPez

:shocked: I am so flipping out of it today. That thread is marked as read for me, but I have no recollection of reading it. I don't know if I accidentally closed two tabs at once or if I read it and I'm having short-term memory loss again. Shit.

Hylian

Hylian

You panicked over the same darn thing lat week! Don't you remember?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Drinking leads to courage. Courage leads to kissing. Kissing leads to love. Love leads to marriage. Marriage leads to children. Children leads to drinking.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Drinking leads to courage. Courage leads to kissing. Kissing leads to love. Love leads to marriage. Marriage leads to children. Children leads to drinking.
Recursive marriages?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I got pulled over the other day for speeding. I have to wait 3 weeks to know the ticket price. It's probably gonna be a lot. I'm putting it in this neutral ground, however, because I've been speeding for free for years. Also, the policeman was very nice. I was nervous, because I've never been pulled over before.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

How fast did he write you for, and what was the limit? If you'll PM me your Parish, I'll see what I can find out for ya

General Specific

General Specific

I've been pulled for speeding twice. Both times it was absolutely my fault. Wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going each time and I paid the fine.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I don't know why my wife gives me this stuff when she knows I'll abuse it. On the bright side, I'm getting a new machine at work next week!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I've been pulled for speeding twice. Both times it was absolutely my fault. Wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going each time and I paid the fine.
Same here. 75 in a 55 (got pulled over RIGHT after it changed; I was in an unfamiliar area, and paying more attention to the traffic than the speed limit. Asshole.) and a 79 in a 70 (Passed a cop in the rain. No excuse.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

I don't know why my wife gives me this stuff when she knows I'll abuse it. On the bright side, I'm getting a new machine at work next week!
Magnetic poetry + computer =....

Fun Size

Fun Size

They're not strong enough to damage anything unless I smack them right up against ye olde hard drive.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Very well! Give him cake!

General Specific

General Specific

That looks like the same type of system I have at work. Optiplex 745?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Indeed. And slower than death for what I do. Most of the time I spend here on Halforums is time I'm waiting for something to load, build, or just respond in some way.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Love it, Officer.
What'd I ever do to you...? *big sad eyes*

Cajungal

Cajungal

How fast did he write you for, and what was the limit? If you'll PM me your Parish, I'll see what I can find out for ya
78 in a 60 (yeek, I know :\ ), and I was in Plaquemine. Thanks! :) I know I'm doomed...

Hylian

Hylian

Just saw the following pic on digg and thought I would share it

Shuttle launch as seen by skydivers (pic)

Morphine

Morphine

I'm not wearing any makeup today. Sue me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bah, I can tell from your pictures that you don't need it anyway. You have a lovely face.

Morphine

Morphine

Cajungal knows how to get a girl to give her positive rep n_n

Cajungal

Cajungal

Cajungal knows how to get a girl to give her positive rep n_n
Sometimes honesty makes people like you instead of hate you. ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good lord, all these people who graduated high school around the time of my baby brother are getting married. :confused: So strange. Makes me remember that I have to brace myself for all the lectures I'm going to get from family when I get back home. I wanna live with the fella for a while before we get married. They're not going to like that... well, some of em won't care.

Hylian

Hylian

For anyone who is interested Jelly Belly is having a sale

Jelly Belly Belly Flop Sale- 8 lbs. for $17.76

Jelly Belly is offering their Belly Flops at 1/2 price when buying 4 bags. Simply add 4 bags, and enter code FREEDOM at checkout to drop price to $17.76 for 4 bags. Shipping is around $9, or you can add additional $14.04 worth of candy & receive free shipping. Puts total at around $32 shipped.

Krisken

Krisken

Good god, that is tempting.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, man... I love those.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm not sure exactly why, but I found this tweet from Brian Brushwood to be hilarious:
"Was getting changed in the room when an ANGRY ARMY OF VUVUZELAS stared blasting at my door...Turns out it's the fire alarm. Sirens approach."

LittleSin

LittleSin

What ever is in my dryer is playing the back beat for 'Weapon of Choice'.

Gusto

Gusto

So, tornadoes in Ontario tonight.

Who is controlling this game of Simcity and its goddamned natural disasters!?

Hylian

Hylian

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So, tornadoes in Ontario tonight.

Who is controlling this game of Simcity and its goddamned natural disasters!?
It's only a matter of time until you're hit with giant rampaging spider-bots.

Hylian

Hylian

For those who are interested there is a Woot-Off going on right now!

Woot® : I Want One!

fade

fade

Hilarious site:

Go Away

drifter

drifter

My god, Cherry Chill Tic Tacs are fucking delicious. Kiss my ass Junior Mints!

phil

phil

at the time of my posting this, I have 5 less halbucks than I do posts. I only want it to get closer. I may not be able to post anymore.

OH SHIIII---

drifter

drifter

Found while searching through an old folder. Thought it was worth sharing

phil

phil

I'm at the vet right now picking up meds for my dog. I'm surrounded by puppies and kittens!

D'awwwwwwww

Cajungal

Cajungal

I caught up on my sleep last night... slept for a good 9 hours without waking up once, and I still feel so tired today. I feel this weird pressure in my head. Not a headache... just feels heavy. Bluh. WAKE UP, Leslie, you're going to A-Team in a couple of hours!

Morphine

Morphine

ROFL!!!
Who gave me this new user title?!
whoever it was: this water I spilled all over the monitor is ON YOU!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That has potential.... depending on who the mystery entitler is....

figmentPez

figmentPez

Wasn't me, I've only altered one user title this week. I misread Chazwozel's as "Onionizer" so I decided to change it to match.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Here, Gusto Gusto Gusto

=clap clap clap=

Gusto

Gusto

:sneaky:

LittleSin

LittleSin

*long sigh of joy* I always get so blissed out when painting. I love mixing paints to make new colors. I love using a foamy brush to apply a thin layer of base color. I adore applying colors tso thinck that the brush strokes remain and it takes hours to dry. The feel of paint drying on my skin makes me smile.

Too bad my studio is next to the nursery though...I can't blast any music to get me in a true, workin' groove.

Gusto

Gusto

*long sigh of joy* I always get so blissed out when painting. I love mixing paints to make new colors. I love using a foamy brush to apply a thin layer of base color. I adore applying colors tso thinck that the brush strokes remain and it takes hours to dry. The feel of paint drying on my skin makes me smile.

Too bad my studio is next to the nursery though...I can't blast any music to get me in a true, workin' groove.
iPod, baby.

I run the headphone cord through the neck in my shirt down all the way into my jeans' pocket so I don't have to worry about accidentally running the cord through the paint or on the canvas.

And I know exactly what you mean.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

She might need to be able to hear the baby readily.

Gusto

Gusto

Ah, true.

Well I listen to podcasts mostly, so I can still hear background noise pretty well.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You do not rock out to a podcast, Gusto!

Though you can strip-tease to one, and apparently that's all the women want you to do.

Gusto

Gusto

You do not rock out to a podcast, Gusto!

Though you can strip-tease to one, and apparently that's all the women want you to do.
I do both, and I do everything for the ladies. :smug:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Mr. Fredrickson, I found your Gusto!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nearly called into work with an "eye problem."

It is when you tell your boss.

"I can't see my ass coming in this morning."

Morphine

Morphine

I like days like this one.
Friday, work is slow, I'm reading about cameras cause I will finally buy a semi-pro or pro one, weather is nice and chilly, Thomas (*drools*) is coming soon... and there's a balloon in my cubicle =D

Only sex could turn it into a perfect day.

Dave

Dave

I like days like this one.
Friday, work is slow, I'm reading about cameras cause I will finally buy a semi-pro or pro one, weather is nice and chilly, Thomas (*drools*) is coming soon... and there's a balloon in my cubicle =D

Only sex could turn it into a perfect day.
:unibrow:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hey Morphine, I think Dave knows a guy who can help you. Weird, never thought of Dave as a pimp before. Just don't have the hats for it.

phil

phil

Angel food cake is the tits.

Now continue with your petty non angel food cake lives.

Gusto

Gusto

If you do a Google image search for halforums, most of the pictures displayed in te first few pages will be ones I have posted or hotlinked.

This is most likely because I have the phrase "Halforums Wiki" in my signature, which appears after every one of my 5000+ posts.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

This includes a picture of me and my ex-girlfriend on page 2. -_-"

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

If you do a Google image search for halforums, most of the pictures displayed in te first few pages will be ones I have posted or hotlinked.

This is most likely because I have the phrase "Halforums Wiki" in my signature, which appears after every one of my 5000+ posts.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@CK: Christ I laughed so freakin' hard. Bravo, sir!

Gusto

Gusto

Hahahahaha! Jesus.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

:awesome:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I was watching this video making fun of online dating and it was talking about Eharmony matching on 30 levels or something, and I wonder if anyone's tried having couples already in long-lasting relationships/marriages going onto Eharmony and seeing if it matches them or not, just for science.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

There are some things that science was not meant to fathom.

phil

phil

My avatar showed up on page 3! Woooooooo! Contributing I guess kinda but probably not!

Wasabi Poptart

I was watching this video making fun of online dating and it was talking about Eharmony matching on 30 levels or something, and I wonder if anyone's tried having couples already in long-lasting relationships/marriages going onto Eharmony and seeing if it matches them or not, just for science.
I've thought about doing that with my husband, honestly. The thing that keeps me from it is that I don't want to be bothered with anyone I could potentially be matched with. I wouldn't be there looking for a date. I just want to see if it matches me to my husband.

Ross

Ross

It's too hot. 100F and it's getting warmer.

Hylian

Hylian

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hylian, that's adorable. Where'd you snag that?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I remember playing that! I still play that, although I make it less obvious.

Hylian

Hylian

Calleja

Calleja

Random crap needs:

This thread needs more...

BRUCE!!!

SCARLETT!!

SEAN "MR. UNIVERSE" CONNERY!!!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Random crap needs:

For maximum efficiency, you may use this:

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

SJ, you're good people.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

SJ, you're good people.

SILVER JELLY IS PEOPLE!

Gusto

Gusto

Another dream had Gusto in it. In fact, it ended with Gusto jumping into my shower! :p
:smug:

Gusto

Gusto

Courtesy David Malki !:

Calleja

Calleja

Random crap needs:

For maximum efficiency, you may use this:

[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT, YES!!

Gusto

Gusto

Jesus Shit.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

SJ, I can't decide if that's epic or horrifying. Horric? Epifying? Either way :Leyla:

Philosopher B.

Jesus Shit.
And lo, he felt relaxed.

Rob King

Rob King

Jesus Shit.
And lo, he felt relaxed.[/QUOTE]

I do not know this firsthand, but a friend of mine who was a religious studies major once told me that there is an old hebrew proverb which reads "The world never looks so beautiful as it does after a good shit" or "A good shit makes the world appear beautiful" or something like that.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have all these Halbucks but nothin' I want. If I change all my posts to Comic Sans, will they seem funnier when you read them? :awesome:

Rob King

Rob King

Sometimes spam is so bizarre, you almost want to let it win. This comes from the spam-filter on my blog:

Her Majesty is much loved around the world. It is sometimes hard to appreciate what a good job she does. She is worth every penny spent on the civil list. Long live Queen Elizabeth. Keep up the important work.
I understand why this spam appeared. In my post I made reference to my university's library by name, which is the "Queen Elizabeth II Library" (QEII). Still, I laughed hard when I saw it there.

Rob King

Rob King

Also, I have some sage words to share from the poet they call "Captain Jack."

We're the party warriors.
Our fight is glorious.
We're the party warriors, every one of us!
We're the party warriors.
Strong and genius.
Every one of us is a party warrior.
Take these words with you in your day-to-day. Meditate upon their meaning, and fight the good fight. Or party the good party. Whichever.

Gusto

Gusto

Today at the store, I served a guy wearing a cowboy hat, with an image of a guy wearing a cowboy hat drawn on it, and was also wearing a T-shirt with an image of Clint Eastwood wearing a cowboy hat.

Fucker likes him some cowboys.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

All his heroes have been cowboys, Gusto. ALL. OF. THEM.

Calleja

Calleja

Cowboys are a thing of the past, man, kids are playing with ASTRONAUTS now

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Cowboys are a thing of the past, man, kids are playing with ASTRONAUTS now
.... I see what you fuckin did there...

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm saving my pee in a jar.

Papillon

I think they should take it to the extreme though and make a movie thats about a bunch of space cowboys who find a planet of indiginouse people.
Who would be in it?

Obviously we start with a roguish captain with a heart of gold. Probably add a couple on the run from the law. No, couple has been over done -- make them brother and sister this time. We still need a couple though. Maybe add a twist -- she wears the pants. Who else do we need? An engineer I guess; and in the spirit of backwards we can make it a woman. Maybe throw in a guy who calls his gun Vera and a random Shakespeare reference for good measure and we're set.

Rob King

Rob King

Oh, oh, oh! And laser swords!

I'm doing it wrong, aren't I?

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, this sounds awesome, it's gonna last TEN SEASONS!

ElJuski

ElJuski

So, there's a picture of Ke$ha with manjuice all over her tummy. *shrug*

Calleja

Calleja

Wait, is ke$sha that hot blonde or that other not-so-hot blonde?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

So, there's a picture of Ke$ha with manjuice all over her tummy. *shrug*
I would find that picture interesting if it was MY manjuice. Right now, the idea is just kinda eew.

Calleja

Calleja

Unless you can also see her nekkid, of course, than I just can see around the jizz

ElJuski

ElJuski

She's that meh one that had that one catchy song about P-Diddy.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

and no, she's covering her boobs. Its pretty worthless

Calleja

Calleja

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

Passed the first of two A+ Cert tests today. Man they asked some weird, random, old, fucked up shit. I think they use the same questions from 1994, only mixed in some random Vista crap to say it was 'updated for 2010'. Oh well, it's over and done with and I don't have to have my jaw drop at getting asked questions about Dot Matrix printers anymore.

Chazwozel

I think they should take it to the extreme though and make a movie thats about a bunch of space cowboys who find a planet of indiginouse people.
Star Trek?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good lord, it's taken a lot of caffeine to get me through this semester. Now that it's over, I'm gonna need to really slack off. My head's kinda buzzing.

Hylian

Hylian

Rob King

Rob King

I'm not quite certain what to make of this ...

Morphine

Morphine

There's only one car plate no. that I will never, in a million years, forget.

HZW-60-18

Rob King

Rob King

Is it significant that it seems all of my exes drive VolksWagens?

Calleja

Calleja

No, not at all.

Rob King

Rob King

Good. I'd hate to have to figure out why the Germans want to ruin my love life so badly.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think I might have to go to the doctor soon. This is the second night I've had a weird dizzy spell accompanied by nausea. If it happens tomorrow I'm going to see someone. :confused: Bluh.

Calleja

Calleja

YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! YAAAAAYYYYY!!!

phil

phil

Is it significant that it seems all of my exes drive VolksWagens?

All MY exes, live in Texas.

:hmmm:

gotta get out of this state maybe....

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That was my thought as well, lol![/QUOTE]

Thanks y'all... glad I wasn't the ONLY one thinking it... *grins*

In all seriousness, Leslie, how's your iron intake been lately?

Cajungal

Cajungal

That shit ain't funny, man. :slap: Plus, soooomething tells me that's not possible.

Calleja

Calleja

....I was about to be gross and I stopped myself.

You should be proud.

I kinda think I know what that " soooomething" is.

Cajungal

Cajungal

And Charon, I barely eat any meat lately. But I get lots of spinach and other things with iron. I should probably eat more meat, though, because my mom and I are both prone to a deficiency. :\ I've been dying for some liver and onions... I know what I'm getting at the store tomorrow!

Okay, and I realized right after I posted this that I've only had about 700 calories today. So I'm eating something right now, and I feel a lot better.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

....I was about to be gross and I stopped myself.

You should be proud.

I kinda think I know what that " soooomething" is.
I am proud of you. ;P

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

And Charon, I barely eat any meat lately. But I get lots of spinach and other things with iron. I should probably eat more meat, though, because my mom and I are both prone to a deficiency. :\ I've been dying for some liver and onions... I know what I'm getting at the store tomorrow!

Okay, and I realized right after I posted this that I've only had about 700 calories today. So I'm eating something right now, and I feel a lot better.

Was going to fuss at you, but you caught yourself, so it's all good. *grins*

Sides, baby's on my lap, and she doesn't like fussing. *chuckles*

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'awwwww, she's never going to do anything wrong. ;P

And yeah, I would NEVER do that on purpose. I love food too much. :p It won't happen again, Officer!

ElJuski

ElJuski

why would you guys bring periods up in here

Cajungal

Cajungal

I never said it. I just want to make it perfectly clear that I am NOT pregnant.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

But yeah, she's TOTALLY riding the Crimson Tide right now.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

But yeah, she's TOTALLY riding the Crimson Tide right now.
The urge to make a University of Alabama joke is strong...

Cajungal

Cajungal

:facepalm:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

You're welcome, CG! :p

Calleja

Calleja

See? That's why people are proud of me and they all hate you.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Psh, if I hated everyone here who said something inappropriate.....

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I didn't even get what the "soooomething" was until it was said directly. I feel so dumb.

Rob King

Rob King

Some days I am more grateful than others that I have access to a walk-in freezer.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...Did you get stuck?!

ElJuski

ElJuski

When the hell did we stop talking about menstral fluids

Cajungal

Cajungal

When we suspected Rob King might be foruming from inside a giant freezer.

I can continue if you'd prefer.

Rob King

Rob King

Not foruming from in there, since I can't get web access. But every so often I go there to 'check on things.' Which roughly translates to 'stand around doing nothing but enjoying the cold air.'

On the inside of the door there's a giant sticker that reads "YOU ARE NOT TRAPPED!" and then proceeds to explain how to use the emergency latch to open the door from inside. It's a comfort, although I can't imagine the utility of such a sticker were someone to be trapped in there without a light source.

ElJuski

ElJuski

in pornographic detail, if you would

Wasabi Poptart

:mad:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

:mad:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, sorry... my wife's an Auburn fan. Me? I really don't care, but you gotta admit, it's a goony name for a team. And what's with the elephant?

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

:mad:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, sorry... my wife's an Auburn fan. Me? I really don't care, but you gotta admit, it's a goony name for a team. And what's with the elephant?[/QUOTE]

The elephant's association with Alabama dates back to the 1930 football season when the Crimson Tide was led by Coach Wallace Wade. There are two stories about how Alabama became associated with the elephant.
Officially, following the 1930 game versus Ole Miss, Atlanta Journal sports writer Everett Strupper wrote:
"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity. It was the first time that I had seen it and the size of the entire eleven nearly knocked me cold, men that I had seen play last year looking like they had nearly doubled in size."
Sports writers continued to refer to Alabama as the "Red Elephants" afterwards, referring to their crimson jerseys. The 1930 team shut out eight of ten opponents, allowing a total of only 13 points all season. The "Red Elephants" rolled up 217 points that season, including a 24-0 victory over Washington State in the Rose Bowl.
Another account attributes the Rosenberger's Birmingham Trunk Company for the elephant association. Alabama used the Birmingham Trunk Company's luggage to travel to the 1930 Rose Bowl. The luggage company's trademark was a red elephant standing on a trunk. When the football team arrived in Pasadena, the reporters greeting them associated their large size with the elephants on their luggage.

Despite these early associations of the elephant to the University of Alabama, the university did not officially accept the elephant as university mascot until 1979. [1]
Alabama's elephant mascot is known as "Big Al."

Rob King

Rob King

At Montanna's (a restaurant) the other night, we observed the regular ritual where the servers all file out to somebody's table carrying a ridiculous hat with antlers. There they placed the hat upon the head of a celebrant, and sang happy birthday. Perhaps you have seen this ritual, or one like it.

At my table it sparked a conversation about how, when one hears the clapping, one immediately searches for the procession in order to discover who is being so embarrassed. Among my family, it is a regular occurrence for someone (normally my father) to claim falsely that someone in our party is celebrating a birthday, so there is always the looming threat that the procession is heading for our table, even if there is no conceivable reason that they should.

All of these things on my heart, it inspired me to conspire with John Donne. We composed this poem.

For Whom the Antlers Come
by John Donne & Rob King

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be embarassed by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine one
Or of thine friends' were.
Each man's shame diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the antlers come.
They come for thee.
John Donne did most of the work, I will admit. But I feel that it appropriately encapsulates my feeling on the birthday antler ritual.

Hylian

Hylian

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Rob King

Rob King

That sperm bank review is excellent.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Teehee. I was making calls to students, and I got the voicemail of this kid who left his outgoing message with a Shatner voice. So I left him a Shatner-y message right back. :laugh: That was fun.

Calleja

Calleja

Dude, be careful, nerdy types tend to instantly fall in love with girls who show such nerdy characteristics, if he calls back all panting into the phone and shit RUN!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dude, be careful, nerdy types tend to instantly fall in love with girls who show such nerdy characteristics, if he calls back all panting into the phone and shit RUN!!
Uh oh, I didn't think of that. Well, luckily, we're a in a call center separate from the main office, so I don't think he could find me, at least :p

Hylian

Hylian

I found a four leaf clover on my way to work this morning

drifter

drifter

You know, I kinda want to try one.

figmentPez

figmentPez

You know, I kinda want to try one.
Even stranger than the Candwich is the story behind it. Allegedly the funding to develop the Candwich came from investors who thought they were buying into a real estate deal, but instead the money went to a variety of other ventures.

Hylian

Hylian

I would try it but I can't help but think that it would be pretty meh

Rob King

Rob King

The more the teeny-boppers drink, the more intoxicated they become. The more intoxicated they become, the more of their drink they spill over me, preventing them from drinking it, essentially putting an upper cap on how drunk they can become. I don't know how this self-defense mechanism evolved, but as incredible as it is, I'd still prefer smelling less like coconut rum.

David

David

I always wondered... why to teachers always lick their fingers when handing back papers? It's never bothered me before, but now that I'm thinking about it it's like they're personally licking my essay before handing it back to me...

Rob King

Rob King

I am at the low-on-groceries part of the cycle. Today I've eaten nothing but Doritos and almost a full carton of eggs. Oh, and Pad Thai which I grabbed while I was at the mall. But 10 eggs, that's the important part.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I always wondered... why to teachers always lick their fingers when handing back papers? It's never bothered me before, but now that I'm thinking about it it's like they're personally licking my essay before handing it back to me...
It makes it easier to grab individual papers from the top of a stack.

Philosopher B.

I went to a book sale! :D

They even had records for 10 cents!

I own four whole records now! :eek:

Maxwell Edison stops by to interrupt my book-counting and rub up against things!

His face is fuzzy. :eek:

figmentPez

figmentPez

You got some good ones there. Especially Watterson, Zelazny, Asprin and Turtledove.

Philosopher B.

You got some good ones there. Especially Watterson, Zelazny, Asprin and Turtledove.
I was fairly pleased with my haul. :eek:

I dunno how I got God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater twice, though! Must've accidentally thrown the duplicate into my box.

Hylian

Hylian

What idiot thought this was a good idea?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Passed a DeLorean going the other way on the drive home. It was doing about 66 kph.

Soliloquy

One of my life goals is to get a speeding ticket in a delorian for going 88 mph. I will frame it.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Gave the baby some cheezies today while I was getting us ready to go. I went to pick him up whilst declaring "Alright! Time to go in the car!"

He gave me a queer look the pulled me by the belt loops closer to him while he was still sitting in the high chair then used his finger to widen one of my pockets...and promptly started dropping cheezies in there.

That's right. He can't even talk yet but he know how to pack a lunch.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Gave the baby some cheezies today while I was getting us ready to go. I went to pick him up whilst declaring "Alright! Time to go in the car!"

He gave me a queer look the pulled me by the belt loops closer to him while he was still sitting in the high chair then used his finger to widen one of my pockets...and promptly started dropping cheezies in there.

That's right. He can't even talk yet but he know how to pack a lunch.
XD

Cajungal

Cajungal

AAAAAAHH CUTE!

LittleSin

LittleSin

I had a terrible night mare last night. Jet turned into a zombie and we needed to..."do something" about it. I asked my husband to do it because I couldn't and he ran off and left me. So I was left alone with a zombie baby, a shadow of what he was anda hammer and....

*shivers* I scare myself. I woke up feeling nauseous and sick. I'm wondering if this is a rant but it seems odd to rant about something my twisted mind decided to enact.

Hylian

Hylian

I asked my husband to do it because I couldn't and he ran off and left me. So I was left alone with a zombie baby,

Maybe I am reading to much into it but this part of the dream kind of concerns me

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'd give it a day or so and see how you feel. I've dreamt of doing things that made me sick, and a day or two later I realized it was nothing but a mind fuck. Other times, my brain was trying to tell me something I didn't want to know in a really over-the-top way.

Morphine

Morphine

Just called Gusto from work and discussed very important things such as Calgary's deep fried oreos and whisky from a boot. n_n

Gusto

Gusto

It was entertaining and enlightening for all parties. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hey! What do the rest of us unwashed masses have to do to rate a Morphine call?

Gusto

Gusto

...Wash?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Don't try to change me, baby.

Morphine

Morphine

Uhm... send me your numbers via PM?? I make calls to the US and Canada all day long, people!

Gusto

Gusto

And here I thought I was special...

:(

Morphine

Morphine

Oh but Gusto you are ñ_ñ
You were my first :wub:

Gusto

Gusto

Oh but Gusto you are ñ_ñ
You were my first :wub:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

... Apparently everyone on here had the same idea, for Morphine's in-box is full. *chuckles*

And don't worry, Gust-bro, I wouldn't dream of taking the special away from you.

Morphine

Morphine

Yeah, now that you mention it... it SUCKS to have a limit of 10 freakin' pm's!! u_u

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hell, if I wasn't afraid of botspam, I'd toss my number out here in the open: I work my off-duty job tonight, and a call would DEFINITELY help to pass the time

Hylian

Hylian

Hell, if I wasn't afraid of botspam, I'd toss my number out here in the open: I work my off-duty job tonight, and a call would DEFINITELY help to pass the time

01110000 01101111 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001

Baerdog

Baerdog

Male stripper? :zoid:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Male stripper? :zoid:[/QUOTE]

Haze yourself until I get tired.

Morphine

Morphine

My inbox isn't full anymore, OC
but I'm off work in an hour, I wouldn't be able to call you at night =(
but send it anyways!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hrmph... still not going through.

Screw it. Noveciento doce, trecientosietetres, funfnullfunffunf

HAH!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Rick Astley asked to borrow a couple Pixar movies the other day.

"Sure, Rick," I said, "you can borrow Finding Nemo and Cars, but I'm never gonna give you Up."

LittleSin

LittleSin

"Sure, Rick," I said, "you can borrow Finding Nemo and Cars, but I'm never gonna give you Up."
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhh.

Gusto

Gusto

Now I wanna talk to all KINDS of people on the phone. :)

Wasabi Poptart

I cannot believe I just used Engrish as an example to explain why the Bible might not have been translated properly. *facepalm*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Cut.
Foot.
Loose.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Here's some random crap. My doctor tells me today, after an awesome colonoscopy, that I have IBS. Also known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It's a beautiful day.

General Specific

General Specific

I'mma have ta slap you now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Come on, that's excellent!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Goddamnit I'm not sure if I injured myself or what, but lately I have this obnoxious pain on the right side of my ass, right where my thigh meets my cheek and then near my tailbone too. What the Christ is happening with me lately?! I've gotten hurt too many times this summer. First my foot, then my wrist, now my...cheek/thigh area? I'm a wreck. :confused: It's a deep pain, too. Yikes.

Hylian

Hylian

Could it be a pilonidal cyst?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nooo, don't think so.

Hylian

Hylian

Just was curious cause I had a pain that felt like what you described and at first I thought I had bruised my tailbone or something and it turned out to be a pilonidal cyst.

But whatever it is I hope you get to feeling better

General Specific

General Specific

Could it be... DEEP HURTING!?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I had just sat down to a little breakfast in front of the morning news cast. When I heard my dog give two loud barks on the front porch. I rush over to give to quick knocks on the door (his command to be quiet,) and then looked out to see what set him off...

It was a Doe (a deer, a female deer) nursing two fawns in the driveway.

D-awwwwe.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Could it be... DEEP HURTING!?
:heh: GENIUS!

Thanks, hylian. I can't stop thinking about that now (saw some terrible pictures :( ) but since stretching makes it feel a bit better I think I might have just pulled some weird muscle. I'm pretty clumsy and still lose my balance when I'm out walking or jogging sometimes. Wouldn't be the first time I pulled/hurt something random because of that.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awwww :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

69 points right now... A sexy reputation.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

69 points right now... A sexy reputation.
Everybody Wins!

Hylian

Hylian

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

:pound:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I just had a nice conversation in this cafe with an international student named Amin (or Ameen... not sure). He asked if we could talk again sometime. I gave him one of my email addressed and said he could drop me a line.

Guys also do that when they want to just make friends, right?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Nope.

Cajungal

Cajungal

NEVER??? He seems very nice; I wouldn't mind hanging out again as buddies. Well... I'm expecting a call from Jake, and he's still sitting next to me. If we talk before I leave, I'll tell him I'm meeting my boyfriend.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Go rent When Harry Met Sally. Get back to me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oy.

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry, Seej, the odds are against it.

Wasabi Poptart

So...how would you pronounce the name of this store?

phil

phil

Fall ahs

Like allah but with an F at the start.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's pronounced Ca-yea-ha.

phil

phil

THAT I pronounce "christ-what-an-ass-hole" and then break a beatles CD.

Cajungal

Cajungal

......Ok, so you guys were right. This dude wanted me to meet him for coffee tonight... and I should be sure to wear "that cute black dress." >.< Jesus.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

What made you think a dude in his 20s wasn't interested in having sex with some female?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not enough self-confidence? Naivete? Pick one.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Here's a helpful guide to keep in mind when dealing with a male in their 20s:

-Am I female?
Y
Are they gay?
Y
They don't want to have sex with me
N
They do want to have sex with me
N
They probably don't want to have sex with me

Cajungal

Cajungal

...At least I know I look nice in that dress. I mean, I thought I did. :p Bah...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Seej, want to post in that dress? :unibrow:

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Seej, it is very important to look your best when communicating in a non-visual medium

Gusto

Gusto

Yup. It's like the confidence boost you get from wearing sexy underwear even though no one can see it.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I don't know why I bother wearing my lucky rocketship underpants if nobody asks to see them.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I almost posted a picture of it back when I bought it because I was so proud of finding something so nice all by myself. I'm a terrible shopper. I emailed the guy to say sorry I missed his email (he was asking me out for this afternoon) and to tell him that I should have told him before that I have a boyfriend... but that we can still hang out if he doesn't know anyone on campus yet. I'm not really expecting a response.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I almost posted a picture of it back when I bought it because I was so proud of finding something so nice all by myself. I'm a terrible shopper. I emailed the guy to say sorry I missed his email (he was asking me out for this afternoon) and to tell him that I should have told him before that I have a boyfriend... but that we can still hang out if he doesn't know anyone on campus yet. I'm not really expecting a response.
Somehow I doubt he'll care that you are already in a relationship. Especially since you offered to 'hang out' with him anyway. I expect a response. :p[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll seeeee... I'm hesitant to hang out now that I know for sure what his intentions were. He seems like a decent enough person who would back down... *if* he didn't think I was lying or something. AAAAARGH, this is what I get for blogging about wishing I was pretty. I take it back!!! This is too awkward. :oops: Jake thought it was very funny that I was skeptical about a guy asking me out. He knew y'all were right too, but he tried to be diplomatic. Oy.

General Specific

General Specific

I don't really know if this is a win or a fail, so I'll put it here.

I am officially unemployed. Yes, that's right, the company I worked for was so bad that losing my job is a plus. Not having the paycheck anymore is the balancing minus. I'll have to see how things go and see if this tips one way or another on the Win/Fail meter.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Agreed. I'll bet this is going to lead to something much better.

Wasabi Poptart

Today is my little girl's first birthday. :party:

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats :thumbsup:

General Specific

General Specific

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Today is my little girl's first birthday. :party:
congratulations!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

A black bear stole a car in Colorado over the weekend and took it for a joy ride.

Baerdog

Baerdog

That is the most awesome bear ever. I wonder if we could be friends.

drifter

drifter

Cajungal

Cajungal

Happy birthday to Lily!

Gusto

Gusto

They grow up so fast.

Or so I have heard.

Baerdog

Baerdog

This is where Gusto makes a funny face.

Gusto

Gusto

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Image resizer busted again? :|

Gusto

Gusto

Man I'm certain someone's made that pic before.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Man I'm certain someone's made that pic before.
I did. I used it like a month ago. :awesome:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Gusto needs to get told to get it together multiple times

Gusto

Gusto

Get it together...

Get it together...

Get it together...

Get it together...

Get it together...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Wasabi Poptart

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! The birthday girl is currently napping. Her new toys and banana bread "cake" did her in. lol

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Ah, I see.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Kurtz is shilling for Nintendo now? From Nintendo of America's Twitter:

Scott Kurtz (from @pvponline) created this exclusive Picross 3D animation using the Nintendo DSi: Nintendo of America - Picross 3D animation by Scott Kurtz - TwitVid #Picross3D 3:10 PM Jul 23rd via web

Another Picross 3D animation by Scott Kurtz: Nintendo of America - Scott Kurtz Picross 3D animation #2 - TwitVid Who’s been playing? What was your longest #Picross3D marathon? 5:32 PM Jul 23rd via web

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

....I don't know.

I just...I don't know.

I don't know.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I wish I did, but it was one of those random things I stumbled on while perusing reddit. Didn't see any source links there.

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'ohhhhh.

There was this troublemaker at one of the all-girl dorms here back when I was a desk assistant. She hid her homeless ex-con (seriously) boyfriend in the basement and her room, her over-protective (gasp) Father called my desk all the time asking to talk to her when she didn't pick up her phone... generally she was a giant pain in my ass. One time her shitty boyfriend "reported" me to my superiors in Residential Life for throwing him out (doing my job) when he tried to sleep over in the lobby.

So I ran into her last night at the grocery store... pregnant. Jesus, kid. Good luck with that. Hope that loser's not the father. It's an awful thing to think, but I also hope it was at least consensual sex that led to this baby. She's this tiny little person--it always scared me that she dated these big scary dudes. :\

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"So you want me to throw her father into the asylum to force her to marry you. That's despicable. I LOVE IT!"

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

D'ohhhhh.

There was this troublemaker at one of the all-girl dorms here back when I was a desk assistant. She hid her homeless ex-con (seriously) boyfriend in the basement and her room, her over-protective (gasp) Father called my desk all the time asking to talk to her when she didn't pick up her phone... generally she was a giant pain in my ass. One time her shitty boyfriend "reported" me to my superiors in Residential Life for throwing him out (doing my job) when he tried to sleep over in the lobby.

So I ran into her last night at the grocery store... pregnant. Jesus, kid. Good luck with that. Hope that loser's not the father. It's an awful thing to think, but I also hope it was at least consensual sex that led to this baby. She's this tiny little person--it always scared me that she dated these big scary dudes. :\
I hate to play on stereotypes, but welcome to the south. Enjoy your stay. :|

Gusto

Gusto

"So you want me to throw her father into the asylum to force her to marry you. That's despicable. I LOVE IT!"
TONY JAAAAAAAAAAAY :heart:

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'ohhhhh.

I hate to play on stereotypes, but welcome to the south. Enjoy your stay. :|[/QUOTE]

Yep. This the only place where stupid girls rebel against their fathers! :awesome:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yep. This the only place where stupid girls rebel against their fathers! :awesome:
Well that explains why Gusto is single...

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

D'ohhhhh.

I hate to play on stereotypes, but welcome to the south. Enjoy your stay. :|[/QUOTE]

Yep. This the only place where stupid girls rebel against their fathers! :awesome:[/QUOTE]

I see it here more than I have anywhere else I've lived. Hell, two of my cousins have done it already, not to mention the majority of their friends. Kids and divorces before they're in their mid-twenties. I'm not saying this is the only place you'll find it, and I apologize if you've taken offense, but that's what I've seen.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nah, I'm not, actually. Just playing around. :) I can't really make any comparisons, as I've only lived here.

Gusto

Gusto

Well that explains why Gusto is single...[/QUOTE]

Because I'm somebody's... father?

I don't understand!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Also I'm single because like my ACTUAL parents, you haven't tried to set me up with a new girl this week.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Oh, sarcasm. How original. :awesome:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Because only in the South do girls rebel against their fathers, thus up in Northern Michigan they don't date those bad boys like Gusto! They choose to date nice boys like Nick or Checkered Hat, but rebels like Gusto? Never!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Nah, I'm not, actually. Just playing around. :) I can't really make any comparisons, as I've only lived here.
Every place I lived has a pretty big group that plays to the stereotype. There's terrifying mountain-man-hillbillies in Missouri, and there's vapid, idiotic blonde kids in southern California. I went to school with a bunch of them. :|

Baerdog

Baerdog

Because only in the South do girls rebel against their fathers, thus up in Northern Michigan they don't date those bad boys like Gusto! They choose to date nice boys like Nick or Checkered Hat, but rebels like Gusto? Never!
My new life's wish: to see Gusto's head shopped onto James Dean's body.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think part of it has to do with the fact that women down here are very very okay with being young mothers, for one thing. Baby fever strikes as young as 16. Then there's the pretty strong anti-abortion sentiment. I'm sure there are many women who claim to be anti-abortion and have gotten them anyway, but there are also lots of girls who keep the kid because she thinks it's her only option.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Every place I lived has a pretty big group that plays to the stereotype. There's terrifying mountain-man-hillbillies in Missouri, and there's vapid, idiotic blonde kids in southern California. I went to school with a bunch of them. :|[/QUOTE]

Heeheeheee... now Zappa's "Valley Girl" is running through my head.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Also I'm single because like my ACTUAL parents, you haven't tried to set me up with a new girl this week.
Once you finish school, come on out East, we'll get you a nice cushy Fed job and I'll introduce you to a new beautiful single girl every week to date. Seriously, my city is nothing but beautiful lonely single women.

Gusto

Gusto

The fuck, southwestern Ontario...

Actually we've got a lot here too, I'm just not actively looking right now AND WHY DID THIS BECOME ABOUT ME!?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

We just want you to find love and be happy

Cajungal

Cajungal

Lol. HC, you kind of come off as Gusto's "cool Uncle..." like one of those family members who's actually a friend of one of the parents and buys their kids their first beers and stuff...

Gusto

Gusto

I don't have any cool uncles. My best uncle averages out to "reasonable" because he's had a stroke and is kind of limited in speech and actions.

My other two uncles are people I would punch if I saw them now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Eep.

Gusto

Gusto

MURDERPUNCH

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well good thing for Hugglins, then, right? ...Right? *weak smile*

figmentPez

figmentPez

While searching for photos for the cosplay thread, I noticed quite a few weapons that had orange zip ties on them. I know this is know as peace-bonding, but it just made me wonder why I've never seen a Green Lantern with a peace-bonded ring. Most powerful weapon in the universe, and they just waltz through the convention doors without a security check.

Gusto

Gusto

Because no cosplayer is gonna assault someone with a ring, generally. Or that's the opinion, anyway.

The Red Lanterns would walk all over that convention floor...

General Specific

General Specific

figmentPez

figmentPez

Because no cosplayer is gonna assault someone with a ring, generally. Or that's the opinion, anyway.
I was thinking maybe some lantern cosplayer might get huffy or smart-ass and demand his weapon get bonded just like everyone else's.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So I met my wife for lunch today, she just got her hair done with hi-lights. They looked good so I complimented her with

"Cool! You got a skunk stripe!"

When I regained consciousness...

Baerdog

Baerdog

So I met my wife for lunch today, she just got her hair done with hi-lights. They looked good so I complimented her with

"Cool! You got a skunk stripe!"

When I regained consciousness...
...she had you tied to the bed and was using your body for her own sexual gratification? That's how I hope this story ends.

Philosopher B.

I was bored just now so I drew Abe Lincoln.

And then I applied a shitty effect in the Gimp for a lark.

It was a way to use up a couple minutes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I had a check-up today, and when I'm at a doctor's office I always talk a LOT because I feel a little nervous. So we're talking movies, family, career, etc., and out of the blue he smiles and says, "You've got spunk. Spunk is good. That'll help when you teach!" ^_^ I love that guy.

phil

phil

I don't have any cool uncles. My best uncle averages out to "reasonable" because he's had a stroke and is kind of limited in speech and actions.

My brother wants to have kids so then I'll be Uncle Phil.

I don't look forward to the fat jokes.

Gusto

Gusto

My brother wants to have kids so then I'll be Uncle Phil.

I don't look forward to the fat jokes.[/QUOTE]

It's either a good or a bad thing that by the age your nephews/nieces are old enough to mock you in such a way, it'll be 2020, and they won't know the reference.

Gusto

Gusto

And Will will be playing Jeffrey.

You just blew my fucking mind.

Cajungal

Cajungal

O.O

phil

phil

They're going to auto tune the shit outta the theme.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's either a good or a bad thing that by the age your nephews/nieces are old enough to mock you in such a way, it'll be 2020, and they won't know the reference.
Fresh Prince is still in reruns. I grew up seeing Leave it to Beaver, I love Lucy, Gilligan's Island and Bewitched. The next generation may know who Uncle Phil is.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I was bored, so I poorly shopped the most interesting :Leyla:

Rob King

Rob King

Den ... you have desecrated an idol! I'm not sure how I can react. It might be time for holy war :(

Baerdog

Baerdog

Yeah, NOONE should affiliate the Durr face with that [STRIKE]crappy[/STRIKE] mediocre beer.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm sorry, I thought that Den-Den came up with a rather good shop. Haters gonna hate, and all...

Baerdog

Baerdog

I was playing off of Rob's comment about desecrating an idol. >_>

Denbrought

Denbrought

Nyahahahaha

Baerdog

Baerdog

Den knows I love him.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Den knows I love him.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Shoulda added a *chuckle* emote... wasnae bein' serrious

Rob King

Rob King

Screw the beer. The Most Interesting Man in the World is the Zeus of my personal pantheon of idols.*

* - is not actually upset

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Screw the beer. The Most Interesting Man in the World is the Zeus of my personal pantheon of idols.*

* - is not actually upset
What, Zeus should be the Zeus of your pantheon. I mean, think about it.

"Oh hey there Dos Equis guy, I know you think you're something special, but here's what's going down in Chinatown. I'm going to turn myself into a mallard. That's right, a fucking mallard. You know what I'm going to do from there? What I do best, little man. I'm going to find your mother and give her hot duck loving. After that I'll disappear, and she will birth your younger demigod brother. Not only will your new sibling be better than you in every way, but when people ask who his dad is he gets to tell them 'Oh, a mallard. Now if you'll excuse me I have a seventeen-vaginad Siren-Medusa to bone mightily. I might push Iceland further south for giggles afterwards.'"

Steven Soderburgin

are there any cool posters that started posting since I was last here?

phil

phil

Chad sexington is back my friend.

so kinda.

that one guy seems alright. mashasi, moshisu. I'm bad with names.

Steven Soderburgin

idk who chad sexington is

phil

phil

Then you are missing out!

Steven Soderburgin

aw man i don't want to miss out!!!!!

phil

phil

Sexington Secrets

Ask him anything you've ever wanted to know about sex, but were too afraid to ask. Starring Woody Alan.

Rob King

Rob King

What, Zeus should be the Zeus of your pantheon. I mean, think about it.

"Oh hey there Dos Equis guy, I know you think you're something special, but here's what's going down in Chinatown. I'm going to turn myself into a mallard. That's right, a fucking mallard. You know what I'm going to do from there? What I do best, little man. I'm going to find your mother and give her hot duck loving. After that I'll disappear, and she will birth your younger demigod brother. Not only will your new sibling be better than you in every way, but when people ask who his dad is he gets to tell them 'Oh, a mallard. Now if you'll excuse me I have a seventeen-vaginad Siren-Medusa to bone mightily. I might push Iceland further south for giggles afterwards.'"
I don't think I've ever seen an adjective follow "Bone" quite as well as "Mightily" just did. Thank you for that.

LittleSin

LittleSin

What the hell is this? I've never seen something like this just fly at me in the middle of a game!

Rob King

Rob King

Quake in the glory which is my new Avatar and custom title!

Denbrought

Denbrought

That pic makes me think "night talk-show host" for some reason.

Rob King

Rob King

One of my friends said Ricky Gervais, but it was regarding a different picture in the lot, so that's probably no help.

figmentPez

figmentPez

that particular pic of you reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.
The Cinema Snob?

Baerdog

Baerdog

From that angle Rob actually reminds me a bit of Charlie.

Gusto

Gusto

I thought he looked like Hank Azaria as he appeared in Friends, sans beard.

Hylian

Hylian

fade

fade

You know what would be awesome? A real world religion based MMO. You could have Christians and Muslims and Buddhists and Animists of various kinds. You could definitely have a talent build system like WoW which represented denominations. Like the Radical tree in the Muslim class would give you a really powerful explosive attack that killed you, too. Each class would have class-specific talents, too. Like the Christians can self-rez, but only once every three days.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, damn. :laugh:

Hylian

Hylian

Rob King

Rob King

Makare's post about her gift made me remember something.

Who had me for Secret Santa after all? I just realized that my curiosity was never satisfied about that.

General Specific

General Specific

Who had me for Secret Santa after all? I just realized that my curiosity was never satisfied about that.

Rob King

Rob King

*shits pants*

Hylian

Hylian

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

They have a nice personality = fat

Therefore personality = fat

Cheez Whiz adds personality.

Therefore Cheez Whiz adds fat

Gusto

Gusto

So I was painting tonight using thick oils instead of oils that I've thinned out using linseed oil. As I was kneeling in front of my easel to paint the lower part of the canvas, I dropped a pea-sized glob of white paint off my brush and onto my jeans.

Now oil stains are hard as fuck to get out if you don't do it immediately. So I left my paints and solvents and everything out and ran to te bathroom, took off my pants, and started cleaning out the stain with soap and water. This process took me about 5 or 10 minutes, and my jeans were soaked. But I had just started painting, and all my stuff ad just been set up and left out...

So I painted, for another half an hour or so, wearing just my boxers. :p

LittleSin

LittleSin

There's nothing better then painting with no clothes on.

...what?

Gusto

Gusto

...what?
Boom, baby.

phil

phil

I've been trying to find mine out FOREVER!

LittleSin

LittleSin

...what?
Boom, baby.

[/QUOTE]

GO NAKED PAINTING!

Rob King

Rob King

Man, I do my best writing while in a state of undress.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Man, I do my best while in a state of undress.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm browsing the forums naked right now.

General Specific

General Specific

I always browse the forum naked. It's one of the few perks of being desperately lonely and anti-social... I mean, "Single."

Philosopher B.

There's nothing like milling about without your kit on. It's the way man was meant to be.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Today I listened to this "jimmy soul - If you wanna be happy" song in this forum... and got what the lyrics meant. I was kinda surprised, because I have been hearing it on an ad for some chocolate cream thing, without listening to the lyrics.

wtf?

Gusto

Gusto

HEY WAITAMINUTE

Exhibit A) LittleSin asks to be part of an art studio with me and Bumble.
Exhibit B) LittleSin professes to paint in the nude.

Hmmm...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Achievement Unlocked 2
The Elephant is back.

LittleSin

LittleSin

HEY WAITAMINUTE

Exhibit A) LittleSin asks to be part of an art studio with me and Bumble.
Exhibit B) LittleSin professes to paint in the nude.

Hmmm...
I'd toss on a robe or something just for you.

General Specific

General Specific

Aaaaaand done. That game is a lot of fun. :D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"You weigh a little more than a hundred and eight."

Rob King

Rob King

My everything is sore. I went windsurfing for the first time last night, and then had to work overnight where I slept on a couch.

And I have spent all of $3 this weekend.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My choice for Badass of the day.

WWII vet, 84, Tri-Athlete, engineer (weapons and sports equipment,) inventor (made the Areo-Tuck handlebar), still has all original parts. /salute

Triathlete, WWII vet still nervous before races - Yahoo! News

Wasabi Poptart

I drank waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much coffee this morning. That is something I rarely ever say. Now excuse me while I go bounce off of the walls. And WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Baerdog

Baerdog

My choice for Badass of the day.

WWII vet, 84, Tri-Athlete, engineer (weapons and sports equipment,) inventor (made the Areo-Tuck handlebar), still has all original parts. /salute

Triathlete, WWII vet still nervous before races - Yahoo! News
That is pretty awesome.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Got hit on by a former professor today. Admired his boldness. We live in the same apartment complex and chat from time to time. As we're walking away from one another he shouts:

"HEY!"

"YEAH?"

"GOT A BOYFRIEND!"

"YEP!"

"AW, JUST CHECKING! OKAY SEEYA!" And then smiled and walked home.

That was probably the most refreshing thing I've heard in a while--unashamed directness, screamed shamelessly from across a parking lot. He will do well in this world, I believe.

LittleSin

LittleSin

So, which one of you guys decided that I was shitty facebook friend for not helping you in farmville and de'faced me. :p

I don't know all of your real names.

Gusto

Gusto

I only recently became Facebook doggs with you!

Weren't me! I did the opposite. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't think I have you on facebook... just twitter!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

All I do is post irrelevant things as "status updates" so isn't me.

phil

phil

Wasn't me cause I guess we're just not friends ! (on fb that is )

Rob King

Rob King

It is 7am here. I have not slept. I work in two hours.

Shit.

Morphine

Morphine

I miss you, infamous internet people!

I will come back, things have just been crazy at work.

Big loud kisses to you all =)

fade

fade

I don't know what to think of this: girl quits job on dry erase board exposes farmville boss called her hopa theCHIVE

All I know is that I don't find it quite as cool as the commenters seem to think it is. It is kind of inappropriate, cowardly, and confrontational. And as much as Spencer sounds like a douche (a) we only have her side of the story and (b) he finds you physically attractive--that you have evidence of (and he worded his attraction quite poorly though it was in a private conversation), but that doesn't mean that's all he thinks. I've really taken a reactionary stance on that stuff lately, as you may have noticed.

fade

fade

Also oil comes from plankton and/or algae, not dinosaurs or Jesus. :p

Morphine

Morphine

Also oil comes from plankton and/or algae, not dinosaurs or Jesus. :p
What kinda bugs me more from that signature is the blatant typo in "dinasours". Twice![/QUOTE]

It's part of the "kitchness"
The phrase isn't mine, obviously.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't know what to think of this: girl quits job on dry erase board exposes farmville boss called her hopa theCHIVE

All I know is that I don't find it quite as cool as the commenters seem to think it is. It is kind of inappropriate, cowardly, and confrontational. And as much as Spencer sounds like a douche (a) we only have her side of the story and (b) he finds you physically attractive--that you have evidence of (and he worded his attraction quite poorly though it was in a private conversation), but that doesn't mean that's all he thinks. I've really taken a reactionary stance on that stuff lately, as you may have noticed.
Oh, it's just something else you dislike.

:p

drifter

drifter

You mean kitsch? Or is that typo part of the kitsch-ness as well? :p

Baerdog

Baerdog

It's like a never-ending cycle of kitsch.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

4 sisters have 4 babies in 4 days - Yahoo! News

That's one hell of a Christmas Party...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Two things:

1. I was in a hurry this morning for my first day of student teaching. I didn't want to be late, so I took some coffee to go and grabbed some mints for when I finished it to sort of kill the coffee breath. I didn't have any pockets, and my bag was already in the car, so I just kinda slipped the roll in my bra. When I got to school I remembered I had some of those cool new travel brushes you don't need water for. So I used that instead and forgot about the mints. When I changed clothes tonight, they fell on the floor. They'd been there all day. It just made me chuckle.

2. Eat Pray Love looks like a big piece of crap.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Kinda agree with you here. Although my immediate reaction to stuff like this is usually to laugh, I'd never think of doing something like this at my job. Unfortunately, even if she'd make a good broker, she should be worried about finding work. I wouldn't want to hire someone who was known for pulling that kind of stunt.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Oh, it was a hoax.... nevermind. Just funny now. :D chive presents new photos of jenny, elyse porterfield explains hoax theCHIVE

Philosopher B.

Hit TV Show 'Glee' Heads to Broadway

Yay!

More recently the show has featured high-power guest stars. Britney Spears is the latest pop star who will make an appearance on the show.
Ya - er.

Gusto

Gusto

Nothing about that poster seems real.

I wish I'd gotten more sleep.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wish I'd gotten more sleep.
It looks like a photoshop disaster.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Had these in China, they're surprisingly good:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/checkeredhat/4885573056/

They taste like blueberry waffles, only salty. If you can imagine that.

Wasabi Poptart

There is part of me that is repulsed and part of me that is entirely intrigued by those chips.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

The airbrushing is real.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

WHY IS BRITNEY SPEARS' HEAD TWICE THE SIZE IT SHOULD BE?!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

There is part of me that is repulsed and part of me that is entirely intrigued by those chips.
Yep. That's about right.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Wut.

Gusto

Gusto

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Someone's playing Glee in Bighead Mode!

But yeah, she really is going to be in an episode of the new season.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I am amazed that the two of you memorized that already. Its only been out for a day.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I don't know about Gusto, but I was just going straight from the book.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Ah. Its been a very long time since I've read book one, I honestly forgot that rhyming sequence was actually in it and not just made up for the film. That makes sense.

Gusto

Gusto

Absolutely the case.

phil

phil

Did you go to that house party too?

fade

fade

This may possibly be one of the most interesting websites I've ever seen:

World Of Technology: Complicated Mechanisms Explained in simple animations

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

FECES, THE NEW TOMATO

Tila Tequila gets pelted by stones and feces at Juggalo gathering. I may start to like the Juggalos afterall...

Sheriff: Tequila says audience threw rocks, feces - Yahoo! News

Fun Size

Fun Size

I was reading an earlier article that specifically called out that the crowd failed to calm down even after she took her top off, and all I could think was "Classiest...festival...EVER!".

Gusto

Gusto

I just realized that Denbrought and Bumble, arguably the two most adorably smiley people on this forum, have the same last name.

SEPARATED AT BIRTH!?

fade

fade

"I don't understand evolution, and have to protect my kids from understanding it!"

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A much more fitting avatar, no?

Baerdog

Baerdog

A much more fitting avatar, no?
I suggest this instead.

Philosopher B.

Some random number I didn't recognize (from Texas) called today, and I almost answered it in my Mr. Plinkett imitation. Instead I let the answering machine get it. I wish I'd had fun instead. My day has been kind of bleh thus far.

'Hello?'
'WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?'

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Drug dealers in Alberta have escalated their war with police by replacing attack dogs with bears trained to operate in packs.

And now over to Tiffany with the weather.

General Specific

General Specific

fade

fade

Ha.

I don't use the word "shan't" enough.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I don't use the word 'shan't' because it sounds too much like 'shat' and I am five years old so that word is still hilarious.

fade

fade

Are videos of death (real and faked) the New Porn? Youtube seems to be full of them.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Are videos of death (real and faked) the New Porn? Youtube seems to be full of them.
I thought it was cyst popping videos...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I somehow never knew until today that "Day by Day" was by Doug and the Slugs.

Morphine

Morphine

It's all set... mom's getting married tomorrow.
My heart is open and ready.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Health and happiness to all of you, Morphine.

I was given a really bad haircut that I didn't regret until 2 days later. I usually don't get so broken up about something so small, but I'm also having a miniature emotional crisis with my upcoming birthday. It's not that I feel old or anything. I'm not dreading turning 26, for crying out loud. But so many things are changing. The face of my family is getting more and more different... the people who have always been the glue of our happy unit are aging, and it frightens me. What's going to happen when they're gone?

My godchild is a little lady now--not a baby, not an adorable little pudgy mass who can do no wrong... but a crazy little person who's going to have troubles and fatal flaws and dreams that might not come true. I'm going to have a real career soon, for the first time in my life. It's thrilling and scary. This birthday feels like the end of an era for a lot of reasons. But I guess it also means new beginnings. I'm sure that many great things will happen soon.

...And I guess I at least wanted to look nice or something? I don't know. It still doesn't make sense to be sad about hair. Now it just sounds more silly compared to my other thoughts. O well--homework time.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Sometimes, it's the little things. *hugs*

Wasabi Poptart

CG - From someone who has had bad haircuts and bad haircuts, I can understand completely how it can be the straw that broke the camel's back when you're feeling emotional. I also remember having a birthday that was like yours. It hit me when I was 21. My "baby" cousin was 6 years old. I broke things off with my high school boyfriend. I started working in the casino industry. One of my great-aunts passed away which made me realize how alone I was as an only child and only grandchild and that my grandparents would not be around forever. A lot of things changed for me then. Many of which marked the beginning of a fun, yet trying period in my life.

*hugs*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks, guys. :) Monday's the real start of full-time school, and I'm actually looking forward to it after squeezing all the fun out of this last week that I possibly could. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

I'm heading into Toronto today, and I KNOW I'm gonna be looking at everyone who passes by on a bike and wondering whether it's Nick.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm heading into Toronto today, and I KNOW I'm gonna be looking at everyone who passes by on a bike and wondering whether it's Nick.
Had you said something before, we could have organized a Halforums GTA meet up. I think there are a few GTA members here, and the ideas been tossed around a couple times that I can recall...

Some day, perhaps. Some day.

General Specific

General Specific

Had you said something before, we could have organized a Halforums GTA meet up. I think there are a few GTA members here, and the ideas been tossed around a couple times that I can recall...

Some day, perhaps. Some day.[/QUOTE]

You guys were going to go to Liberty City?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You guys were going to go to Liberty City?[/QUOTE]

Greater Toronto Area

Gusto

Gusto

I didn't know until this morning, sadly.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just bought what I thought were Corn Nuts, Cool Ranch flavor. Turns out they were Corn Nut CHIPS. Me = Not Amused.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just saw this posted on Spoony...

What the fuuuuuuu

Hylian

Hylian

General Specific

General Specific

Gusto

Gusto

Whaaaaaaaat

Philosopher B.

Whuuuuuuuut

Null

Null

That's a lot better than Calvin peeing on whatever the asshole driving the truck doesn't like.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Somebody loves John Lennon even more than Calleja:
Lennon's toilet sells for $14,740 at UK auction

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

A very cute friend of mine has changed her facebook avatar from a picture of her face to a drawing of a woman with a vagina on her forehead.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

figmentPez

figmentPez

The latest fried food to hit fairgrounds is... Fried beer. Ravioli-ish pockets of dough filled with beer and then deep fried. That doesn't sound tasty to me, but I'm not a beer drinker.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Earthworm Jim for the SNES is so much harder than I remember it.

David

David

That seems to be the way with most games... I had an old Flintstones DOS game I played endlessly when I was little, recently refound it and tried it on DOSbox... couldn't get passed the first screen.

fade

fade

I think I met a real life Delores Herbig today.

Morphine

Morphine

I swear, somewhere there's a voodoo doll with my name on it and in the hands of someone that really really hates me.
Everything has happened to me this past few months, EVERYTHING. Now it's pharyngitis and it freakin' sucks.

fade

fade

Whoa. Woot! picked up on the fact that both John Lennon's and J.D. Salinger's toilets sold in auction this week. As they put it, authorities have offered to take the purchaser of John Lennon's toilet into protective custody.

Woot : HD49933 Be Good: Woot Weads The Wire

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just saw two dozen naked men run down the street, heading towards a hamburger joint.

And it isn't even Friday.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This week's "daww" moment...

Can't name names, but there's a boy in my class who has a crush on a girl in class. They sit at the same table, and she's very sweet and quiet. He's sort of shy and never really talks to her, but I've picked up on some stuff that the other boys have said. Aaaaand a found a discarded love note in a trash can with his handwriting.

"Some drems (dreams) are gud (good)
Some drems are bad
Some drems are eksilit (excellent).
I am flying in the sky
That is how you make me smile
I think abot you every day
I--"

...and then it suddenly stops. I guess he lost his nerve. Young love is so sweet. I never thought about boys at that age, but it's so cute to watch them work through these feelings and thoughts. I want to talk to him at recess. GO FOR IT, DUDE!
I won't really...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Just saw two dozen naked men run down the street, heading towards a hamburger joint.

Would that be normal on a Friday? Follow-up question: Do they need more teachers in Finland?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I tawt I taw a pudddy tat!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Would that be normal on a Friday?
It would certainly be more understandable. All kinds of crazy shit happens on Fridays when people let loose. I once met a girl with cat-like contact lenses, neon yellow hair and revealing clothes handing out lollipops shaped like little penises... penii? Dicks. And it was a Friday.

Follow-up question: Do they need more teachers in Finland?
Well, there are a lot of openings for native speakers ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, I gotta get to Finland. There's a severe shortage of wang confections and nudity here. You'd think there would be more of the latter with this goddamned heat.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

wah?

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

WTF???

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

hahaha, Vaan from FF12 is the first pic there. Though he's more of a Meg Ryan.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Spoilered due to size

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Bullshit! God! God!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Almost lost my temper today. Tomorrow's challenge is to be cool all day, to never let them think that they're getting a rise out of me, even when they do. And really, it shouldn't effect me so much. It's part of my job. Their unwillingness to do things or shut up isn't something I take personally... it's just getting annoying. I've heard from pretty much everyone that we have the "bad" 2nd grade class. At least I know I'll learn a lot.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Five more classes this week... and I realized yesterday the teacher hadn't told me what they were doing in two of 'em before I came aboard. So, let's see how well I can improvise my way through a class...

Fun Size

Fun Size

There is a company known for making circular caramels with a inner white circle called Bullseyes. The company is called Goetze's. This makes me hesitate each time I go to eat one.

Gusto

Gusto

Tonight for a birthday for one of the guys, I am doing the following:

1) suiting up;
2) going to play 3 games of Laser Tag;
3) getting a few pitchers at the pub; and
4) going to the stripper's.

It's called "Dan's Legendary 25th Birthday Party" and I am so down.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Happy Quarter of a Centuriade, you old geezer! ;)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Every time I hear the song "Bad romance" I can't avoid hearing she's saying "Bathroom ants".

Cajungal

Cajungal

You and me could have some bAAthroom aaaaaaaaants!

Goddamnit, thank you VERY much, Sil!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly